Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilting in the New Year March -  Registration Closed >
  • Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

• Quilting in the New Year March - Registration Closed

Old 03-18-2011, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs
    Connie I want to see the colors.But don't show them to Bonni.I love looking at fabric did you see the stash that Debbieumphress had? whew my wal mart doesn't have that much.I would love to go and look and feel all that fabric. I'm starting to drool but go. Mary
    Hey Mary!!!!!! What's that line about not showing them to me!!! LOL. That's ok. If she doesn't bring them to show me I've already seen a picture of them. :)

I don't know about anybody elses stash but MY stash is big until I start a project. Then I always decide on fabric that is not in it. Don't know how that always happens. :) Of course then my stash grows a bit more since I buy extra. I have always been bad at numbers. I'm SURE that is why my stash grows.
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Connie - I still want to see them.

And as for stash - you mean you are suppose to use it for projects???? I thought it was to sit, look at, feel, and dream. It seems like every project I do I buy more. Or is it every time I shop I buy more, or do I even need an excuse to buy more. LOL. Not as much as Debbie's though.

I'm ready to roll - I cleaned my room enough to set my sewing table up permanently - now I can sew when I want to and not have to rip down to cook dinner. So excited.
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:42 PM

Originally Posted by dream56
    Connie - I still want to see them.

And as for stash - you mean you are suppose to use it for projects???? I thought it was to sit, look at, feel, and dream. It seems like every project I do I buy more. Or is it every time I shop I buy more, or do I even need an excuse to buy more. LOL. Not as much as Debbie's though.

I'm ready to roll - I cleaned my room enough to set my sewing table up permanently - now I can sew when I want to and not have to rip down to cook dinner. So excited.
    LOL. Just make sure now you don't have to "rip it out" after sewing. LOL.
    Old 03-18-2011, 12:47 PM

Here are 3 of the four.

The pink/cream pic - please look at the outer edges to see the true fabric - flash got in the way.

The blue is just gorgeous! The fourth is the one I am going to fussy cut but am being bratty in that I don't want to show it all :)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-171513.jpe   attachment-171514.jpe  
    Old 03-18-2011, 01:00 PM

Hey Connie - did you say that was for me???

Defineatly my kind of colors. They are are winners in my book.

And Bonnie - I'm not ripping out anything. It's there to stay.
    Old 03-18-2011, 01:05 PM

:-D

Originally Posted by dream56
    Hey Connie - did you say that was for me???

Defineatly my kind of colors. They are are winners in my book.

And Bonnie - I'm not ripping out anything. It's there to stay.
    Old 03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
    Power Poster

Connie the second picture you called blue it looks teal on my computer. Is it just a design or is it of something,kinda looks like dolphins.Anyway it's very pretty. wish we could see the fourth fabric.Guess we all have to wait.Dee glad you can finally sew without moving everything after.I just this year got a space to set up my machine and not have to move it.I love it.I bought a 1927 Singer 66 and it is gorgious. I love sewing on it. It only does a straight stitch,no reverse or zig zag.but it sews a beautiful stitch and is so very quiet.I'm still working on restoring my 1882 New Home treadle.Can't wait to try it. Poor people have poor ways so it is taking quite awhile. Mary
    Old 03-19-2011, 05:16 AM

Mary after getting the fabric in natural light, you are right, the fabric is more teal. The name of it is: Star of Wonder by Nancy Halverson, it's angels. The fouth fabric is floral. Will be cutting out the flowers.

Connie the second picture you called blue it looks teal on my computer. Is it just a design or is it of something,kinda looks like dolphins.Anyway it's very pretty. wish we could see the fourth fabric.Guess we all have to wait.Dee glad you can finally sew without moving everything after.I just this year got a space to set up my machine and not have to move it.I love it.I bought a 1927 Singer 66 and it is gorgious. I love sewing on it. It only does a straight stitch,no reverse or zig zag.but it sews a beautiful stitch and is so very quiet.I'm still working on restoring my 1882 New Home treadle.Can't wait to try it. Poor people have poor ways so it is taking quite awhile. Mary
    Old 03-19-2011, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Conniequilts
    Mary after getting the fabric in natural light, you are right, the fabric is more teal. The name of it is: Star of Wonder by Nancy Halverson, it's angels. The fouth fabric is floral. Will be cutting out the flowers.

Hey Connie. This might help a bit with your fussy cutting. Take your pattern and cut out a template (even if it is only from paper. Cut out the center of the template so you only have an outline and you can lay that over your fabric so that you can see how much of the pattern you'll need and how it will look. I can show you what I mean on Monday if you want.
    Old 03-19-2011, 08:10 AM
    Power Poster

Thank You Connie - I haven't fussy cut any projects yet so when you send it make sure you have lots of pictures and close ups to show us ok? That teal fabric is very pretty.Mary