Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011 >
  • Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

• Quilts for Quilters Swap OPEN til 15 Dec 2011

Old 01-08-2012, 09:02 AM

Wow Jigs. 2?! at the same time. Choices, choices. I have the basic cutting and the first step of sewing all done. Finally made some real progress! I think it will be great but if I get it going and find I don't like it (it's going to have a scrappy look) well then I'll still have time to make adjustments. Onward and upward.
    Old 01-08-2012, 05:16 PM

im doing a log cabin and i have only the last row off logs to put on so i should be able to get to laying it out by the end off the month. i whant to get my quilt done by february since i sighned up for two swaps and i have a baby due in april so whant to get them peiced befor the baby comes. just waighting to hear back from my second swap partner about her colors.
    Old 01-09-2012, 02:47 PM

Hi all,
    I posted a couple of 'progress pictures' of QuilterMomma's quilt over on our board. We've been 'chatting' and she said it was okay to post pics of the progression. I exceeded my goal today on her quilt-that was to applique one block and have each of the blocks done by the end of the week. Today I got each of the blocks fused ( I use the donut method), wasn't counting on that, but hey, I was on a roll.

I'm very excited to get the appliquing done and move on the the next step because I could go a few different ways as far a choice of fabric goes.

Watch for updates...

best,
    d
    Old 01-10-2012, 11:34 AM

I am so bad, had to look. I just dearly love it. I needed this to cheer me up. One of my daughters was in a car accident yesterday. She is ok, just bruised and banged up a bit. Terrible seat belt burn. We are lucky. The car needs repair now, just fixed other daughter's car, my truck needs repair, husband still out of work and I went on a diet. Thank you Whigrose for the peak. The colors are perfect to me.
    Old 01-10-2012, 01:42 PM

I'm sorry about your daughter! And thankful she is safe and not hurt seriously. I checked the quilt for you, too, and wow!-it's lovely!! Vehicle repairs are one thing that is terrible-takes lots of money,usually. Hope things start looking up for you and your family. N.
    Old 01-10-2012, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by Whigrose
    Hi all,
    I posted a couple of 'progress pictures' of QuilterMomma's quilt over on our board.

Watch for updates...

best,
    d
    Where can I see them, pls ?
    Old 01-11-2012, 06:20 AM

Jillaine, don't cry, were good. I've had PM's from my partner almost everyday if not everyday. Got one today from her and she's found 2 patterns to choose from. I'm jumping for joy, that's very exciting. We are having a great time and when it's said & done we'll have the most beautiful quilts ever. Soooooooooo excting to wait for this quilt to be made & shipped off to a new home. Save some tears because you WILL need some for the finish!!

Originally Posted by jillaine
    I'm sitting here with tears in my eyes, just LOVING to see the exchanges and so moved that you are having a good time, and building anticipation. THIS is what I wanted out of starting this swap, and it's happening. Still crying. I'm such a sap.
    Old 01-14-2012, 06:17 AM

The Quilt for Quilters Swap "Group Page" is here:
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...1-2012-g8.html

This is where you can post photos of your quilts-- in progress or whatever-- if you and your partner agree. A number of partners are keeping it a surprise. Totally up to you and your partner how you want to do it.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/groups/...1-2012-g8.html

QuilterMomma, sorry to hear about your family's woes. Do you have a PayPal account set up? I bet a number of us would be willing to contribute a little something to ease the financial part.

-- Jillaine
    Old 01-14-2012, 11:18 AM

I do have a PayPal, but that is fine and thank you. If worse case scenerio happens, will accept.

Good news, my daughter who was in accident, the Lord has really sped up her healing. Even the burn mark that was so large, it looks like a knife slash is all. It is nearly healed. She hardly sore, a little in the neck, but the rest of her is feeling fine. It is definitely all the wonderful prayers. Not sure on the other three, but things will work out. Keep the prayers coming.
    Old 01-14-2012, 11:19 AM

Oh, my off the books mechanic fixed my truck for only $125. He needed the money and I needed it fixed. Not sure on total of daughter's car, but hopefully this body repairman will be just as cheap.