Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011 >
  • Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011

• Red/White/Blue Swap - Signup Closes June 30, 2011

Old 05-27-2011, 06:41 PM

Originally Posted by RedGarnet222
    Well I made the 12 red cross blocks and I am not happy with them. They are off by about a sixteenth of an inch on width of the blocks. Do you believe it? I did everything I know to do with the scant quarter, I was very slow and accurate and even had to rework two of the templets to correct them. But, oh no..... I give up girls. I guess I will stick to the one set this time. Sorry, I tried. :thumbdown:
    you're being crazy, send them in!!

i'm honored and happy to take one of these blocks, i can work the seam on my end to fit it into the quilt with all the other blocks.

i would be heart broken if i didn't get one, i love this block and was hoping to copy the design when i got one.

i'll take all of them if no else wants them and i'll make 12 blocks just for you.
    Old 05-27-2011, 06:46 PM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy
    Well I made the 12 red cross blocks and I am not happy with them. They are off by about a sixteenth of an inch on width of the blocks. Do you believe it? I did everything I know to do with the scant quarter, I was very slow and accurate and even had to rework two of the templets to correct them. But, oh no..... I give up girls. I guess I will stick to the one set this time. Sorry, I tried. :thumbdown:

i'm honored and happy to take one of these blocks, i can work the seam on my end to fit it into the quilt with all the other blocks.

i would be heart broken if i didn't get one, i love this block and was hoping to copy the design when i got one.

i'll take all of them if no else wants them and i'll make 12 blocks just for you.
    I agree. They look great! What quilter can't manage to fudge a sixteenth of an inch! Send em in, we'd be honored.
    Old 05-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Those are gorgeous! I'd love one!

Old 05-27-2011, 11:47 PM

Agreed send them in as we'd all be honored to recieve one of those beauties!!
    Old 05-28-2011, 04:32 AM

Originally Posted by fabric_fancy

:thumbup: agreed
    Old 05-28-2011, 05:12 AM

Those Red Cross Beauties are too skinny for the Beauty Pageant???? no problem, send em to me! methinks my quilt in the Red White and Blue is going to consist of 11 1/2 inch Blocks, hey, NO PROB! So be it!
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:02 AM

Please send them in, I would love to get one! We're just talking about 1/16th divided by 2 since there will be seams on both sides. If I can't work with that then I need to hang up my (thimble?):) :) :) That block will feel right at home with me :)
    Old 05-28-2011, 07:23 AM
    Power Poster

Well lets ask carsey ... She is the final word about this. Carsey are you there?
    Old 05-28-2011, 09:01 AM

Well lets ask carsey ... She is the final word about this. Carsey are you there?
    Seems like the jury is in. SEND THEM IN!! If anyone does not want one, just pm me so I will not send you one. Since there are only 12....... For those of you who are itching for one, pm me so I can put you on her list.

Happy Memorial Day to all. If you know of any military personnel......tell them for me......we THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE and GOD bless them!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!!

Carole
    Old 05-28-2011, 09:05 AM

Originally Posted by Carsey
    Seems like the jury is in. SEND THEM IN!! If anyone does not want one, just pm me so I will not send you one. Since there are only 12....... For those of you who are itching for one, pm me so I can put you on her list.

Happy Memorial Day to all. If you know of any military personnel......tell them for me......we THANK THEM FOR THEIR SERVICE and GOD bless them!!!!!!!!!

Blessings!!

Carole
    This military gal would love one of those blocks!!! What a great way to show support:) I will be working on mine in the next week or so and get them in the mail as well. Shortly I will be celebrating 13 years of service..how exciting I'm on the downward slope to retirement:)