Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!! >
  • Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!!

• Rhonda's Very First Wall Hanging Swap!!!!

Old 06-25-2012, 12:28 PM

I have narrowed it down to two of them. have not worked on them yet, I have five quilts to get quilted, my modern swap quilt and two DQs to quilt and do binding on. So with those first this week to hit my 10 UFOs, will put this on back burner. I will do either the ladies shopping buddy quilt or the cow wall hanging. The other two just seem to be screaming table runners to me instead. I know I have enough cut up for the cow wall hanging and I have enough plaids to finish it up with no worries and I have some warm fun fabric for the ladies in my stash. I just have to embroidery them. So I think I will work on those two in July for my finishes. So off and running we gooooooooooooooooooooo.....................
    Old 06-25-2012, 12:29 PM

Originally Posted by stitchengramie
    Put the name of each one of the quilt idea onto a piece of paper. Then fold the paper up and put it in a bowl.
    Then shake the bowl to mix them up and draw a name. Then this is the quilt you will make. I do this when I cannot
    decide on which quilt or project to do.
    Thanks for the suggestion I may have to do this because I am getting down to projects I really don't want to work on.
    Old 06-25-2012, 12:58 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QuilterMomma
    I have narrowed it down to two of them. have not worked on them yet, I have five quilts to get quilted, my modern swap quilt and two DQs to quilt and do binding on. So with those first this week to hit my 10 UFOs, will put this on back burner. I will do either the ladies shopping buddy quilt or the cow wall hanging. The other two just seem to be screaming table runners to me instead. I know I have enough cut up for the cow wall hanging and I have enough plaids to finish it up with no worries and I have some warm fun fabric for the ladies in my stash. I just have to embroidery them. So I think I will work on those two in July for my finishes. So off and running we gooooooooooooooooooooo.....................
    They both look like they will make wonderful wall hangings! Can't wait to see which one you end up doing.
    Old 06-25-2012, 01:00 PM
    Power Poster

I have ideas running around in my head but haven't really decided yet. I like to do applique but I also like my miniatures. So not sure. I love hearts and I like to applique them. I also have several fabrics for Dresden Kaleidoscopes and I was playing with that the other day. Just not sure yet. I do need to get a focus going so I can start on it tho
    Old 06-25-2012, 01:20 PM

I only saw a couple of your dresden kaleidoscope quilts. That one sounds like it could be interesting. The DQs I made this month had the stack n whack kaleidoscope are the dresden much different?
    Old 06-25-2012, 01:30 PM
    Power Poster

I only saw a couple of your dresden kaleidoscope quilts. That one sounds like it could be interesting. The DQs I made this month had the stack n whack kaleidoscope are the dresden much different?
    The Dresden Kaleidoscope is fussy cut to get a specific look. I use the dresden blade and then use the fussy cut to create the kaleidoscope effect.

Here is the doll quilt I made of the doll quilt swap. It was to represent Iowa so I used corn fabric.

Then the quilt design I did on EQ as an idea I might try. I have a couple more ideas I had played with.

The last two are a couple of my favorite DKs
    Attached Thumbnails corn-001-222.jpg   corn-001-22222222222.jpg   quilt-2-x-6.bmp   pic-d.jpg   pic-i.jpg  

Old 06-25-2012, 02:18 PM

That is so making the fabric work for you.
    Old 06-25-2012, 02:26 PM

rhonda-- no need to tell you those are gorgeous!! i bought a dresdan ruler but have not even an inkling where i put it away!lol someday it will magically re-appear! i can't compete with those but i do have a series of cat pieces i think will make wonderful parts of a wall hanging. i wonder how many cat people are in this group?
    Old 06-29-2012, 08:33 AM

Just checking in to make chatter. Anyone get your block done for June? I think mine will come in July.
    Old 06-29-2012, 09:29 AM

I like the ladies.
    Here are some choices that came to mind on what I have to get done. Chose not to do the pineapple block because I just can't get to it mentally. So lets see which one of these I am motivated to do. Have had the cow wallhanging cut up for oh 8 or 9 years, the wedding ring one about the same, the drunkard path about 3 years, and the ladies about 8 or 9 again. Not sure what happened. I just got excited about doing things and then left them.