Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders >
  • Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders

• Round Robin III, Group 10, Now called Boomerang Borders

Old 07-26-2011, 06:37 PM

I'm not in your group, but WOW. that border really adds to the centre. Was looking at this one the other day and commented to DH that it needed the centre colors again to pull it all together. And it appears you were listening.
    Old 07-26-2011, 06:46 PM

;) Thanks! those were my thoughts exactly!
    Originally Posted by lindyline
    I'm not in your group, but WOW. that border really adds to the centre. Was looking at this one the other day and commented to DH that it needed the centre colors again to pull it all together. And it appears you were listening.
    Old 07-28-2011, 04:56 PM
    Banned

Originally Posted by quiltergirl80
    Hi Sherryl! I've purchase the fabric for both tops and was planning on getting started on them this week (been driving my step daughter across the state for a couple of summer camps) but just came home from our last trip to a note from my husband leaving me. I'm wondering if I can send the tops to you and the fabric. I have to be out of my house by the end of the week, as he's the only financial supporter and rent is due next week. I also need to change my mailing address for little mo to send the next round. I will be able to pick back up, just in another house I'd be willing to add the final round onto these tops. I'm so sorry about bringing my life into this and messing up the cycle.

Kristy
    please send an email, as I'm not always on quiltboard lately ([email protected]) I know, not supposed to put personal stuff on here, but the entire Boomerang Borders group needs to know what the heck is holding things up

Originally Posted by candlequilter
    I'm not lost. I'm really sorry Sherryl. I thought I was only behind a couple of weeks. We had lice come home from school twice, so the top went into quarentine for 2 weeks (it was in the main living area) and then I had a family emergency due to my dad falling 9ft onto his head and being airlifted across the state to the major trauma center. I was in Seattle with him for over 3 weeks. I'm almost caught up on all of my swaps, I think...except for my IRR. I did receive the next top from Australia the beginning of the month.
    Still haven't received any tops to be working on from last round or this one. Any news?

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Sorry to hear about the personal news that you have going on right now. Yes, please forward both tops and the fabric that you bought for them and I will try to get 2 rounds done on each one. It puts alot of pressure on me but I will do the best I can with it. There are no other rounds that will be coming to you and this was suppose to be the last round.

Thanks
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 07-30-2011, 10:36 AM

Sheryl, It's OK if my top is short a round ;) don't put the pressure on yourself, it's not necessary for mine.
    Thanks for your willingness!
    Lisa
    Hi Sherryl! I've purchase the fabric for both tops and was planning on getting started on them this week (been driving my step daughter across the state for a couple of summer camps) but just came home from our last trip to a note from my husband leaving me. I'm wondering if I can send the tops to you and the fabric. I have to be out of my house by the end of the week, as he's the only financial supporter and rent is due next week. I also need to change my mailing address for little mo to send the next round. I will be able to pick back up, just in another house I'd be willing to add the final round onto these tops. I'm so sorry about bringing my life into this and messing up the cycle.

Kristy
    please send an email, as I'm not always on quiltboard lately ([email protected]) I know, not supposed to put personal stuff on here, but the entire Boomerang Borders group needs to know what the heck is holding things up

I'm not lost. I'm really sorry Sherryl. I thought I was only behind a couple of weeks. We had lice come home from school twice, so the top went into quarentine for 2 weeks (it was in the main living area) and then I had a family emergency due to my dad falling 9ft onto his head and being airlifted across the state to the major trauma center. I was in Seattle with him for over 3 weeks. I'm almost caught up on all of my swaps, I think...except for my IRR. I did receive the next top from Australia the beginning of the month.
    Still haven't received any tops to be working on from last round or this one. Any news?

Thanks,
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Sorry to hear about the personal news that you have going on right now. Yes, please forward both tops and the fabric that you bought for them and I will try to get 2 rounds done on each one. It puts alot of pressure on me but I will do the best I can with it. There are no other rounds that will be coming to you and this was suppose to be the last round.

Thanks
    Sherryl
    Candlequilter
    Old 07-30-2011, 05:08 PM

I finished it!!!!!!!!! Here is a picture! It'll be on it's way to Australia.....then I get to play with LittleMo's RR!! ;)
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-233968.jpe  
    Old 08-03-2011, 01:57 PM

Kristy, so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that God provides a soft landing for you. I would love to volunteer to do a row for you but since I am already behind on sending the last one out I guess I shouldn't.

My computer was infected so been off for a few days but didn't check this thread out of shame and guilt of being so behind. Just want to let you know I'm close.

Barbara, This weekend I really should be able to get the top out to you to finish for Kysmommy. I have not received your center yet for the final round. Where are the bears?

Has anyone seen Mr. Peacock lately. I would love to see a picture but also tempted to say I want to wait for the surprise at the end since it has been so long.
    Old 08-03-2011, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Kristy, so sorry to hear about your situation. I hope that God provides a soft landing for you. I would love to volunteer to do a row for you but since I am already behind on sending the last one out I guess I shouldn't.

My computer was infected so been off for a few days but didn't check this thread out of shame and guilt of being so behind. Just want to let you know I'm close.

Barbara, This weekend I really should be able to get the top out to you to finish for Kysmommy. I have not received your center yet for the final round. Where are the bears?

Has anyone seen Mr. Peacock lately. I would love to see a picture but also tempted to say I want to wait for the surprise at the end since it has been so long.
    I have the bears and Mr. Peacock. I've got them laid out and ready to stitch together.
    Old 08-04-2011, 08:20 AM

[quote=I have the bears and Mr. Peacock. I've got them laid out and ready to stitch together.[/quote]

Glad to know where they are. I was just scared that you had sent me the bears and it had been lost.

You do great work so looking forward to seeing them.
    Old 08-29-2011, 05:13 PM

Okay Lisa your block is not lost. I struggled with this and got to know my ripper very well. My math just wouldn't work out on the first or second try. I hope you like it. It will be in the mail to Barbsbus tomarrow for the last round. Sorry to hold things up.

Sorry the colors are not showing true.

Lisa
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-248782.jpe  
    Old 08-29-2011, 05:55 PM

I think it's great!! It lightens it up!! I appreciate you taking the time that was needed to make it measure out right!! THANKS! And no worries on holding things up ;)
    Originally Posted by quilt addict
    Okay Lisa your block is not lost. I struggled with this and got to know my ripper very well. My math just wouldn't work out on the first or second try. I hope you like it. It will be in the mail to Barbsbus tomarrow for the last round. Sorry to hold things up.

Sorry the colors are not showing true.

Lisa