Round Robin Perfect 10's

Old 07-03-2013, 01:20 AM

How many are we now?? I suspect the post of the original groups will be tweaked/adjusted/modified?

What centers are you considering?

Jane
Old 07-03-2013, 03:44 AM

Center should be any size between 12 "- 24 "finished, dividable by 3. (Be sure to add ½” for seam allowance!) The center may be square or rectangular. (The center block, all borders, cornerstones, or whatever should be carefully squared each step of the project.). The size of your center will determine the finished size of your quilt.
Borders will be 3 1/2" - 9 1/2" dividable by 3's again. (The center block, all borders, cornerstones, or whatever should be carefully squared each step of the project.)
Option - in lieu of any one of the first 2 rounds, the block may be turned on point, if appropriate. Triangles are then added to each side of the "diamond" to make it into a square again. Appliqué or embellish the corners.
• The bigger you make it the more the people adding rounds will have to do.
• Fabric: 100% cotton, washed. Please do not use any scented spray or scented item near fabric. Some of our members have allergies to scents, animals, smoke, etc.
Old 07-03-2013, 04:00 AM

Jane, our small group will have the 4 original people plus travelinggramma. I had to change this, I forgot that oldcatlady has cats. We now have 22 signed up. We are putting 5 members/group. We still need some information from several ladies and we still have room for more. Sign up is until July 15 @ midnight CDT. We will post the groups and rules when we get all the information. We will set up separate group threads. We will be asking for a leader for each group to help us. We will continue this thread, plus each individual threads.
I am looking at some different panels that I have for my center. I may do a humming bird panel or a dolphin panel. I might even do a sea turtle or a sea horse.
Old 07-03-2013, 07:09 AM

ssnare, I have done a bunch of X-stitch and stabilizer yes you have to use on the back if you are going to use it as a block. You would have to hand wash your quilt, the aida cloth will not stand up to a machine wash and make sure your threads are well secured. The wall hangings that I have done have to be hand washed and then blocked out to dry in order to keep their shape. Don't think you would be happy at all.
On another note you say your only keeping the original "5" group, how about the second set of 5, the swap was closed then so we stay the same also right? Then you opened it and are those the ones that will be grouped in 5's or are you dividing up that second set also??
Old 07-03-2013, 07:19 AM

Jan, the original group is together and then for everyone else, I'm trying to coordinate according to special requests and allergies. The groups aren't set in stone yet because there is still time for new an exciting people (and their allergies) to join the group.
Old 07-03-2013, 12:03 PM

hoping to make my center this weekend, i pawned the kids off on grandma (gotta love grandmas!) i had it narrowed down to two patterns... but when i went looking for the one, i found a glut of patterns, clippings, repcipes and ideas anyone else a paper hoarder? (and why did i go bold half way through this message?).
Old 07-03-2013, 03:08 PM

Used to be paperpieceme but one day I just decided enough is enough! Went to Sam's Club and bought a large package of plastic page covers and a large pack of white computer paper and a large looseleaf notebook. Took the articles, recipes, etc. just as they came off of the pile. Used a sheet of computer paper inside each plastic cover so one side didn't show through to the other and just started pasting each article with a glue stick onto the blank computer paper. I included sayings I had kept, whimsical characters I thought I might use some day down the road, ideas that popped into my head as I was doing it, and,yes ,recipes. It took as I remember maybe 3 days, maybe 4 working in the evenings to get it done. I threw a lot of stuff away as I went along as, realistically, I asked myself am I REALLY going to do this, make this, etc. Now I can sit down in the evening and browse through it like a magazine so it stays interesting but I, also, can FIND things with minimal effort. I know some people swear by using folders on their computers but I've had two crash and lost everything so, this works for me but maybe not for all
Old 07-03-2013, 04:06 PM

Grand idea! come on over let me show you my envelope of cut outs and tear outs and hand written recipes. I am avail all days of the week for you to organize for me! I will make you lunch as a reward!
Old 07-03-2013, 06:02 PM

Old 07-03-2013, 06:59 PM

Here is a tease of the fabrics in my center...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]422401[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails perfect-10s-center.jpg