Round Robins

Old 05-02-2010, 08:50 PM

Maybe some clarification might be helpful.
A Round Robin starts with each person making their own center block, this block is then passed to each individual in their group (usually being 6 persons in each group). Each individual then adds another "Round" or "Border" to your center, when all rounds are done the person who started the center block receives their now RR top back, they then can finish it as they choose.

In a Row Robin,each person would make a row of blocks that would be put together and sent to the next person in the group to add their row of blocks, again when its completed its tour though the group it would be returned to the person whom started that particular Row Robin,
I don't know if this helps or just makes it clear as mud...lol.

But either way each person would have a completed top when finished.
I have participated in only one of the Round Robins on the board but we had a marvelous time and its a great way to try new techniques and challenge yourself. It was a lot of fun.
So you do need to decide which you want to do.
The calculations I gave earlier were for a row robin, not a
round robin.
Muriel
Old 05-02-2010, 10:23 PM
Power Poster

Muriel, I think you explained things very well.

I totally agree that a Row Robin could easily support more participants, but in a ROW design - don't you start with a center row (not a square)?

In an Round Robin, (IMHO) the only way a larger group could be supported is if the first few rounds are rather skinny, and ir doesn't leave too much creativity on really skinny borders.

Geesh, I should pull out my Round Robin Book before spouting off at the mouth. hehe
Old 05-02-2010, 11:23 PM

in the Round Robin we did, everyone made a 24" center, the 1st border was 3"
2nd 6"
3rd 7"
4th 8" inches
and the 5th 9"
when done it was 92 or 96" square I don't remember for sure then ofcourse you have the option to add another yourself if you like but it was real good size Queen I think.

I've not done a Row Robin yet myself. I would think you would just start with one row and then add to it. Can't say for sure on that one tho.
Muriel
Old 05-03-2010, 04:49 AM

Yes I think Kerielt is waiting on a reply. I may start a row robin and I am figuring the rules.I am going to contact admin today and okay starting one. there are so many interested we can start more than one I think. I will limit the sign up to 12 and one person has already signed so that leaves 10 more available
Old 05-03-2010, 05:00 AM

count me in on both can't wait to get started. We did 9" blocks ob the row-robin that i was in before. I think that we could start with a center in the round robin of any size. Just mho
Old 05-03-2010, 05:03 AM
Power Poster

It appears that a couple of things will be started...maybe a Row and a Round Robin. I'm sure that they will post the directions/rules/suggestions on the initial sign up posts for both. So....any confusion should be cleared up then.

I can't wait to see pics!!!
Old 05-03-2010, 05:31 AM

I don't have a problem if mine is okayed I will send to you.This is for Ripped on Scotch
Old 05-03-2010, 10:18 AM

Sounds good to me! Thanks!
Old 05-03-2010, 10:44 AM

I keep checking but haven't seen anything posted yet. Please let me know if I missed it.
thanks
Old 05-03-2010, 07:09 PM

I might be interested in the Row Robin, it depends on the details, the time frame mainly. I have a couple I already ahve to have done by July, so depends on when the sign up starts and ends and how long we have for each row sections
Muriel