Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

• Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 01-26-2011, 04:37 AM

It's a free one from Quilter Cache and It's called Friend's star and I changed up the color placement a bit. I love batiks so I decided all my starting blocks will be made with those. Thanks for the encouragment.
    Old 01-26-2011, 03:24 PM

AWESOME colors choices. That's SO pretty!!!
    Old 01-26-2011, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter
    Okay here we go. Block one. I didn't get as much done this past weekend as I thought I would. We have been spending lots of time with the grandkids because my daughter in-law is in the Army and we didn't know if they were getting stationed somewhere else. We just found out that they aren't so now I have time for me. :) Here's the first of my row.
    Everytime I hear you & Karen say grandkids (and I look at ya'lls pics) I'm like what, huh, who?

Glad they're not moving this time around. Grandparents are VERY special, I was blessed to have one live with us and the others only 12 miles away.
    Old 01-26-2011, 04:53 PM

HI ALL! Frog that block is awesome! Love the colors, and the pattern. Can't wait to see more. I am so glad your grandkids aren't moving away, that would be very sad. I think I would cry for a month if mine did.

Sweetness so glad you are feeling better, then you can come play again!
    Old 01-26-2011, 04:55 PM

Sweetness, your new avatar is so funny... lol.
    Old 01-26-2011, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
    HI ALL! Frog that block is awesome! Love the colors, and the pattern. Can't wait to see more. I am so glad your grandkids aren't moving away, that would be very sad. I think I would cry for a month if mine did.

Sweetness so glad you are feeling better, then you can come play again!
    OMG...am I the only one without kids...let alone grandkids???
    Old 01-26-2011, 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
    Sweetness, your new avatar is so funny... lol.
    That's actually me klarina. I played women's professional football. Obviously at 6'1", xxx lbs - I played on the O-line (tackle & guard). Full contact, NFL rules...travel, superbowl, the whole 9 yards! Some of the best times of my life and one of my favorite pics...I'll have to find some others for ya'll.
    Old 01-26-2011, 05:57 PM

Well...it's begun ladies...ARE YOU ready???

LOL...I'm not but today it happened. The first row of the 2011 Row Robin Group 16 arrived at a doorstop TODAY!

MY doorstep that is!!! Kathy N., is way ahead of the game and sent her beautiful 1930's star row to Houston.

No worries guys, we're still on the Feb. 15th mail date. Kathy N just had other committments coming and wanted to make sure it was out before they happened.

So...I wasn't going to open it, as mine aren't done yet. But I just COULDN'T help myself the package kept calling my name!!! It was SO COOL! This is the first time I've done anything like this and looking at her work and reading her notes in her journal to us was just the BEST!!!

I tucked it all back as perfect as it came and am making myself wait to go shopping for it until mine are done! I've never worked with 1930's prints so it'll be a trip to the LQS, oh darn it...lol!

So...here's motivation for all of us (especially me!!!)

Kathy N's 1st row makes it to Houston!
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]168762[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-168757.jpe  
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:08 PM

Things we want to remember as I took note of Kathy N's package as good reminder tips (thanks for being so good Kathy!!!):

1) However you send the package - make sure it has delivery confirmation, it's worth everyone's piece of mind in this crazy Postal system!!!

2) Decide if you'll be sending a journal. As you can see in the pic, Kathy N did. It added virtually no space or weight (I know this was discussed). I have definately decided that I will. Not ever having done this before...I was clueless, but it's just so neat to see someone's handwriting & think about them as you read & look at the row. I've already written in hers ;)

3) Make sure that what you're sending is wrapped in plastic before putting it in the package! Again, a possible lifesaver in this crazy Postal system. I received another package today which wasn't & it was damp :(

3) Make sure that the outside and inside package has your real name, address, and board name. Again...in case the Postal monsters eat the outside (it's on the inside) AND to help those in more than one swap keep track of your stuff! (As you can see here, I carefully covered her contact info with the envelope opener & journal).

4) If you have any specific desires or instructions...write them out! Kathy N did a great job of explaining her thought process, concerns with her row development/solution and what she'd like us to do. I think that's a great idea. It still allows for a wide variety of creativity but assures that the owner is getting the gist of what they want.

5) If you want a label to circulate to everyone - make sure it goes out with your first row.

6) HAVE FUN!!! It's starting to get exciting folks :)

...if I've left anything out, PLEASE post it up. these were just the things that ran across my mind as I was looking at Kathy N's stuff. And if this is old hat for a lot of you guys...just ignore me. At least I have a checklist for myself now!!! :)
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:19 PM

So...I thought I'd share this, at least ya'll know that even though I have no blocks complete...I am gathering fabric (patterns already chosen a while ago) and my quilt label is ready...so that's something, right?

The quilt label I will be using...made by jajudd24
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]168767[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-168762.jpe