Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

• Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 01-26-2011, 06:44 PM

Sweetness...you are mixed up...that is KathyNs row!! LOL! So close it is easy to get confused.

Would please take it out of the package so we can see it? I realise that it is more fun to tease! BUT PLEASE!!!
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Sweetness
    Originally Posted by klarina
    Sweetness, your new avatar is so funny... lol.
    That's actually me klarina. I played women's professional football. Obviously at 6'1", xxx lbs - I played on the O-line (tackle & guard). Full contact, NFL rules...travel, superbowl, the whole 9 yards! Some of the best times of my life and one of my favorite pics...I'll have to find some others for ya'll.

Sweetness..that is so cool, you played football..I thought maybe it was a favorite team. YEAH! for you girlie!

Ok..I have to also tell you...I still haven't left...bad Karen, you should be sewing! LOL!!
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:52 PM

So...I thought I'd share this, at least ya'll know that even though I have no blocks complete...I am gathering fabric (patterns already chosen a while ago) and my quilt label is ready...so that's something, right?

I really like that label, did you make it? It is awesome!

I just read the entire checklist...I think you covered it all! You are so good. I think the journal is a great idea after what you said. It makes alot of sense, and I thiink that we could still do a book or calendar if we wanted to.
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:53 PM

Okay...this wasn't easy because I don't want to put white on the floor (it would probably be okay...but I'm not chancing it!!!) My design wall will be up soon (I got the coolest set up that goes in the ceiling) just waiting for it to come up on the "honey do" list!

By popular PM demand...lol, may I introduce you to <da da dum>:

Now ya'll will have to use your imagination to make it one big long row because that's the best I can do right now ;p~

Left Side of Kathy N's first row
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]168763[/ATTACH]

Right side of Kathy N's first row
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]168764[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-168758.jpe   attachment-168759.jpe  
    Old 01-26-2011, 06:57 PM

Originally Posted by Karen
    Sweetness...you are mixed up...that is KathyNs row!! LOL! So close it is easy to get confused.

Would please take it out of the package so we can see it? I realise that it is more fun to tease! BUT PLEASE!!!
    OMG...see, you've got me all confused!!!!!! I've got you on the brain hounding me for pics in PM's and I can't keep two K's straight :p

<MY BAD...sorry ladies, going back for corrections now> DUH!!! Probably more to blame on the nyquil...lol
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:01 PM

Originally Posted by klarina
    Sweetness, your new avatar is so funny... lol.
    That's actually me klarina. I played women's professional football. Obviously at 6'1", xxx lbs - I played on the O-line (tackle & guard). Full contact, NFL rules...travel, superbowl, the whole 9 yards! Some of the best times of my life and one of my favorite pics...I'll have to find some others for ya'll.

Sweetness..that is so cool, you played football..I thought maybe it was a favorite team. YEAH! for you girlie!

Ok..I have to also tell you...I still haven't left...bad Karen, you should be sewing! LOL!!
    I was very athletic in HS (volleyball, basketball, tennis...had a vball scholarship college) but always wanted to play football. But 20 yrs ago girls didn't cross over. My bf found the team here in Houston a few years back & I tried out, made it. It was an awesome experience. Tough on the body though & not a 6 figure salary :(

LOL...but...but...why would you leave? I'm finally here!!! :p You can sew during the day!!! Actually, I'm off to bed in like 30 minutes before I drool on the keyboard!
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:05 PM

So...I thought I'd share this, at least ya'll know that even though I have no blocks complete...I am gathering fabric (patterns already chosen a while ago) and my quilt label is ready...so that's something, right?
    I really like that label, did you make it? It is awesome!
    I wish...I designed it & purchased it. I don't have anything that fancy. Another board member named Joyce (jajudd24) brought my design to life, I just love it!!! She does great work, you can see what she has to offer here (plus you can work with her like I did by supplying a design draft): http://threadsgaloresewmuchmore.blogspot.com/
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:09 PM

Sweetness you aer sew funny! drool on the keyboard! LOL!

THANK YOU for posting the pics...that is gorgeous! Now I am going to be nervous about hers...

Yes, that is what i thought too. I sew all the time though, and ther is always tomorrow!
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:10 PM

Gonna try to post some pics...hope you are still here when they finally load.
    Old 01-26-2011, 07:12 PM

I just read the entire checklist...I think you covered it all! You are so good. I think the journal is a great idea after what you said. It makes alot of sense, and I thiink that we could still do a book or calendar if we wanted to.
    Actually, it was YOUR idea intially my dear!!!

And I concur...I'm definately in for the written version (and then we can make whatever we want from that ourselves) just because it really does add an aurora of the person seeing their writing & words. Text...is all the same. It was really cool or maybe I really just don't have a life (I'm going with cool though!)