Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners" >
  • Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

• Row Robin 2011; Group 16 - " The Sweet Sixteeners"

Old 01-06-2011, 06:50 PM

Ladies, I have a question or a thought out loud I guess....

Will anyone be sending fabric with their rows. I had a thought to send some fabric with mine for background fabric but i just don't know. I was all over the internet today looking at pics of row robin quilts and that was one of the suggestions.

Any ideas?
    Old 01-06-2011, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by Frogquilter
    Karen I am in Junction City, KS which is about 7 hours from Joplin but I have actually been there a few times because my husband has a friend that lives there and we will be through there again but not until June as we are headed to Springfield MO for a bowling tournament.
    I live about 60 miles southwest of Springfield. I forgot where Junction City was, awful to get so forgetful. I was hoping you was closer, so maybe we could visit.
    Old 01-06-2011, 09:20 PM

frog I don't see any problem with that if you wanted to do it. I believe that bookworm had said to send it seperately to each person, cut down on the cost of reshipping the package each time. I will use priority mail, if possible, to send the packages, so not sure if it would actually affect the cost.
    Old 01-07-2011, 03:27 AM

I would like to send sashing with mine. I can cut it to size so it is easy for everyone to work with. I think it will make my quilt make more sense because I'm working with 1930's prints.
    Old 01-07-2011, 08:19 AM

I think I need more instructions.

So, we will be sending a 60.5" x 12.5" backing and a 60.5" x 2.5" sashing each time we send our block?

please advise,

thanks,
    Old 01-07-2011, 01:53 PM

klarina..no backing needed, sashing is a matter of choice. I was thinking of doing the same thing...but I havent decided yet.

Actually I kinda want to change the whole theme, but then I don't think I should.
    Old 01-07-2011, 07:27 PM

Karen is indeed correct klarina. Here's the rule highlights to help you:

1. Fabric should be prewashed and of a type that you would be happy to receive yourself. This means 100% cotton but but does NOT need to be LQS.

2. Use any techniques in which you feel comfortable, machine/hand piecing, machine/hand appliqué, machine/hand embroidery, paper piecing, etc. This in not particularly the time to experiment with new techniques unless you are confident that you can pull it off. You might want to experiment before attaching the row to the quilt in case you have to rework something.

3. Each row will be 12 ½” by 60 ½”

4. We will be posting pictures with each round, unless you specify that you do not want to see your quilt until it is finished. For most of us…we just can’t wait.

5. Please stay on target for the mailing dates. You will have approximately 2 months between mailings. If something happens that will cause you to be late mailing, please email the person who you will be mailing to and the leader of the group. Specific mailing dates will be sent out with the group assignments.

6. You will need to insure your packages when mailing.

The Quilt:
    The theme is a design of your choice. You need to make the first row 60 ½” by 12 ½” but you can orient it either horizontal or vertical. (Each row should be carefully measured and squared) Each sequential row should be a continuation of the theme of the first row but can be what technique you would like.

Let us know if you have more questions or anyone else. Gonna be working tomorrow, so I'll be out of the loop until Sunday. If you get a chance you'll see some of the fabrics I bought yesterday to start working on the rows in the pictures. Have a great Friday night!
    Old 01-08-2011, 03:30 PM

Hi All. I having been working on my 2nd book quilt and YEAH it is almost finished! Now off to the longarm, pictures then hurry up and wait to see if it gets picked.

Hope to get on my blocks for my row very soon. Really hoping to see some pics!
    Old 01-08-2011, 07:20 PM

Haven't forgotten you quiet ones :) Just working the 2nd job this weekend, so busy & pooped. I'll catch up with you soon, probably another day or two. Hope everyone is having a great weekend & getting all those creative juices flowing!!!
    Old 01-09-2011, 07:58 AM

Geezzzzz, we must all be very busy!

Sweetness, I found a 1913 Singer, but will keep my eye out for a 1912. I have a count of 44 machines so far, still have some that I can't get to without help. Hoping that one of them will have your name on it!