Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15 >
  • Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

• Row Robin 2011 - "Memory Makers" Group 15

Old 02-07-2011, 06:06 PM

OK here are my pics. I REALLY like the star and the log cabin. The others are little more "scrappy" than I intended. But . . . I love the fact that I did something with my leftovers and that pile is getting smaller! Plus I used soooo many different fabrics! This is not going to be a true charm quilt because I know of several repeater fabrics, but I'd be anxious to see if someone ever finds the repeats! I also don't expect all of you to keep the charm idea going as it takes a lot more individual cutting and piecing.

I'm going to put a note in my box to sew the blocks together with a large stitch. I'm thinking I may add a sashing between all the blocks. This may help to take away some of the "too much scrappy" look. But then I might not if the blocks tend to mellow out and look good together. We'll just see what happens!

Hope to get this mailed out by Wednesday or Thursday depending on the weather! Thanks in advance for the great work you do to help this along!

Row one
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117356[/ATTACH]

Block one
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117358[/ATTACH]

block two and three
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117359[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117351.jpe   attachment-117353.jpe   attachment-117354.jpe  
    Old 02-07-2011, 06:10 PM

Had to do another entry to get the last photo. Even though the row is shown vertical, it is actually horizontal in the quilt. No space that wide to shoot a photo!

The small HST in block one are leftovers from a siggie block trade on this board. Block two is a take off of a scrappy star quilt someone has on the pictures section which I really liked. Block three is leftovers from some triangle project I did awhile back. Block four is one of my favorites . . . the log cabin. Five is also some blocks from a previous project that had never been sewn together.

So I finally did some good with these half finished, UFO's and leftovers! Makes my day.

Block four and five
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]117546[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-117541.jpe  
    Old 02-07-2011, 07:16 PM

Oh, booklady what a wonderful row and now how are we to add to it? lol! I will be really looking forward to that when craft phanatic sends it my way (pretty sure that is the right order) PS. never tell a quilter she can't find the repeats cuz I love I spy games ha ha
    Old 02-07-2011, 08:00 PM

I like that you have a wonderful camera so I can see the colors well, lol, breautiful row'
    Originally Posted by booklady
    OK here are my pics. I REALLY like the star and the log cabin. The others are little more "scrappy" than I intended. But . . . I love the fact that I did something with my leftovers and that pile is getting smaller! Plus I used soooo many different fabrics! This is not going to be a true charm quilt because I know of several repeater fabrics, but I'd be anxious to see if someone ever finds the repeats! I also don't expect all of you to keep the charm idea going as it takes a lot more individual cutting and piecing.

I'm going to put a note in my box to sew the blocks together with a large stitch. I'm thinking I may add a sashing between all the blocks. This may help to take away some of the "too much scrappy" look. But then I might not if the blocks tend to mellow out and look good together. We'll just see what happens!

Hope to get this mailed out by Wednesday or Thursday depending on the weather! Thanks in advance for the great work you do to help this along!
    Old 02-07-2011, 08:03 PM

k so we know you want your row to be horizontal, how would you like it positioned? on top, in the middle etc...

Even though the row is shown vertical, it is actually horizontal in the quilt. No space that wide to shoot a photo!
    Old 02-09-2011, 12:13 PM

Robbi24, just add whatever blocks you want! Pick your favorites, use your scraps! I wouldn't mind at all if everyone did a log cabin or star block as those are my favorites.

Short an Sweet - don't worry about the position. As I mentioned I may end up taking the blocks apart to add a sashing but will wait until the end to decide that.

We're under a weather advisory (again!) with 3 inches of snow on the ground and more coming down. This snowfall is NOT typical of my state, so everything and everyone has stopped! Hard for a former Northerner to deal with but I stay home to avoid those that think they can drive in this weather but actually can't! I'll get my box in the mail as soon as life resumes here in Arkansas.

Thanks again for the compliments.
    Old 02-09-2011, 05:16 PM

Well I'm ready for it booklady! I have plenty of sraps and even a charm pack that I might put to it. And now that I know stars and log cabins are your favorite it is even better as they are my two favorites also. Talk about getting the perfect one for a first timer! How'd I get so lucky?! I actually made two extra blocks for Bonnie Hunters Roll Roll Cotton Boll quilt and I was thinking of putting one of them in too if that is okay with you.
    Old 02-10-2011, 08:39 AM

Originally Posted by Robbi24
    Hi I hope no one is allergic to dogs as I have three and lots of stray hairs ha ha. I'm done and hopefully I will be able to post pics now. As you can see, my row is horizontal and I think I want it to be the center row but if you gals think otherwise go for it . I'm having a little problem with the label, the paper isn't coming off well. If it's not ready, I will send them later so my row will be on it's way.
    I received your row the other day, and it looks even better in person! :) Also, what a cute notebook. I take it you didn't end up getting your label done?
    I have a big black cat; no allergies here. But I was trying to remember, and couldn't - was allergies one of the sign-up questions? Because if it wasn't, it should be.
    Old 02-10-2011, 08:41 AM

Yes it was one of the questions
    Originally Posted by saritabee
    Originally Posted by Robbi24
    Hi I hope no one is allergic to dogs as I have three and lots of stray hairs ha ha. I'm done and hopefully I will be able to post pics now. As you can see, my row is horizontal and I think I want it to be the center row but if you gals think otherwise go for it . I'm having a little problem with the label, the paper isn't coming off well. If it's not ready, I will send them later so my row will be on it's way.
    I received your row the other day, and it looks even better in person! :) Also, what a cute notebook. I take it you didn't end up getting your label done?
    I have a big black cat; no allergies here. But I was trying to remember, and couldn't - was allergies one of the sign-up questions? Because if it wasn't, it should be.
    :D :-D :-D
    Old 02-10-2011, 08:44 AM

OK here are my pics. I REALLY like the star and the log cabin. The others are little more "scrappy" than I intended.
    My favorite is the cactus-looking block at the bottom! What's the name of the pattern?