Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

• Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 03-28-2011, 08:36 PM

What a looong looong winter we've had here. More snow than we've had in 20 years. It has rained every day for the past 3 weeks, and more rain the rest of the week, although it is getting warmer. MY DAFFODILS ARE BLOOMING!! Today my 15 year old DGS who lives with us was diagnosed as bipolar. His mother and stepfather could not deal with him any more. He has been expelled for school, is facing court for possessing drug paraphenalia (sp?), persistent runaway, truant. On top of a long siege of sinus infection for me. And my dh has decided that he is now pretty much an invalid( after all, he's an ancient 73 years old and is entitlted to retire to his recliner. No health problems at all.) then my computer crashed. (In a manic stage DGS threw it across the living room. then jerked all the wires out. Jumped on it, cracked the screen. Such treatment does not do laptops much good) Totally died. Lost all my contact and password info, so had to buy a new one, set everything up all over again. Don't even have access to my old emails as well, so couldn't reset anything. So, after lurking for a while,I set up a new account here. I really am cosy quilter. End of my pity party, sorry about that.

So, I have a really neat snowman family to applique, the pieces all cut out. Just can't find the background fabric I want to use. Will check out LQS and Hobby Lobby tomorrow.
    Old 03-28-2011, 09:24 PM

hey cosy. so glad to hear from you. sorry for all the drama in your life. don't you feel that it doesn't pay to get out of bed some days. then you look out the window and see daffodils blooming. i know things will be better soon. just keep quilting. look forward to pics of your work.

i have put my passwords on slips of paper as i set them up, then put the slips in a drawer. guess if anyone breaks into that drawer they will be able to get into all my "secret" online stuff. afraid what my family will find out about me after i am gone and they have to go thru these things. oh, wait! they already know i am a quilting fool. don't imagine they will be too surprised.
    Old 03-30-2011, 01:20 PM

I just got home from a vacation. I bought a bunch of fabric in New Mexico at an adorable quilt shop in Santa Fe. I am looking forward to getting back to my sewing machine.
    Old 03-30-2011, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
    hey cosy. so glad to hear from you. sorry for all the drama in your life. don't you feel that it doesn't pay to get out of bed some days. then you look out the window and see daffodils blooming. i know things will be better soon. just keep quilting. look forward to pics of your work.

i have put my passwords on slips of paper as i set them up, then put the slips in a drawer. guess if anyone breaks into that drawer they will be able to get into all my "secret" online stuff. afraid what my family will find out about me after i am gone and they have to go thru these things. oh, wait! they already know i am a quilting fool. don't imagine they will be too surprised.
    I put all of my passwords in a new address book. I keep the book filed under "A" in my file folders. Sorta hidden...
    Old 03-30-2011, 02:28 PM

Cosy I am so sorry that you are having such a hard time of it! My prayers are with you. I know you must be feeling so helpless about now. My daughter tried to commit suicide and I know first hand the trials of mental illness. Just know you are not alone and if you need to vent I am sure that we are all here for you! Lean on us and God. Thank goodness you have the release of quilting!! lol
    Old 03-30-2011, 02:30 PM

Misty can you show us pictures of your new fabric you bought in New Mexico? I think it so interesting so see what they have available in different areas of the United States!
    Old 03-30-2011, 05:13 PM

Sure... as soon as I get it out of my vehicle, I'll take a picture. I figure getting out my new fabric is my "reward" for getting everything back to rights from my trip.
    Old 03-30-2011, 05:14 PM

Okay... here are the fabrics I purchased. I spent $129.00 there!

I purchased three of the fabrics for a round robin I am in, so the poppies, and the flowers, along with a Geisha panel are for me.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-177781.jpe  
    Old 03-31-2011, 06:16 PM

Misty, those are so pretty! Especially those bright florals!
    So, at Hobby Lobby I found the perfect fabric to mount the snowman family on: quilting tomorrow!!! JOY JOY

DGS took off with my car last night, was caught doing 69 in a 30 mph zone. So he is now in Juvi awaiting 9 charges: speeding, failure to purchase drivers license, failure to show proof of insurance, possession of drug stuff (two violations), possession of controlled substances, persistent runaway, truancy, joyriding. I was almost relieved with the diagnosis, I almost could blame some of his behavior on that, but his behavior has been escalating for several months. He will stay there until his court date, the end of April.
    Old 03-31-2011, 06:36 PM

Ohhhh so pretty! I especially like the orange flowers! They are the poppies right?