Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

• Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 07-17-2011, 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by MistyMarie
    I have ideas, but I am not sure exactly what to do with the giraffe one. I have some embroidery ideas I am tossing around.
    misty - don't let this worry you. i have seen your work and am not at all worried. you do beautiful work. i know i will love what ever you come up with. i truly believe in the K.I.SS theory. (keep it simple sister)
    Old 07-19-2011, 08:35 AM

What row robin are you organizing? Glad it is cooler there it is in the high 90's here with heat index of around 115 here!

Originally Posted by pdcakm
    well, today is july 17. no chatter on this thread for a long time. what up?

things here are going along as usual. working on the birds. should have some pics next week.

in june made a japanese themed bag for my dg who turned 13 and is taking japanese in summer school. she is all about japan now.

just completed 3 alice in wonderland pillowcases for oldest dg. she is going to cheer camp next week and they always do a theme for their dorm rooms. this year she and her roommates chose the mad hatter tea party.

guild is next tuesday. i am in charge of block of the month so getting my block project ready. also organizing a new row robin.

the sun is shining and the delta breeze is keeping everything unseasonably cool. that's super for me. we usually have temps in the high 90's to 100's this time of year but are now cruising in the high 70' and 80's.

how 'bout you all?
    Old 07-19-2011, 09:09 AM

[quote=Lori Peercy]What row robin are you organizing? Glad it is cooler there it is in the high 90's here with heat index of around 115 here!

hi lori - just setting up a row robin with my guild. we will be starting in august. so far we have nine members. tonight is our regular meeting and i am hoping to get a few more. the more, the merrier, as they say. we are going to have a meet in a couple of weeks to finalize what themes and sizes we will use. your bird row is going back tonight to help me entice more participants.

i am so excited to get something new going. our guild has been kind of stagnant and we are trying to get some new enthusiasm built.

well, must go cut fabric for tonights block of the month packages. then, off to pick up my youngest dg from japanese lessons. then we are going shopping. quick back home, feed the dog and cats, off to the guild meet. have a good day.
    Old 07-20-2011, 02:33 PM

Pat your row robin sounds like a very good idea! The ladies in the guild will enjoy it so much, as you know it is fun to do as well as stretching your abilities.
    Old 07-20-2011, 02:43 PM

Look Look everyone I learned how to do pp! Waves block in the air shouting!!
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-229443.jpe  
    Old 07-21-2011, 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    and you obviously learned it well. that is very pretty. don't you just love it.
    Old 07-22-2011, 02:37 PM

I do Pat it is so much easier then I thought it would be! I am going to do my fairy quilt godmother next.
    Originally Posted by pdcakm
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    and you obviously learned it well. that is very pretty. don't you just love it.
    Old 07-22-2011, 03:41 PM

i have been looking at all the fairy godmothers. love them all. even the ones that the people thought looked evil. lol. i go the pattern but haven't tried it yet.

i am off to my fri night quilt night with my buddies.

so, what's up with everyone else?
    Old 07-24-2011, 09:26 AM

Ever since I saw the 1st of the Blue Christmas row, I thought I knew what I wanted, found a gloriuos print of a way cool santa, but when I printed it on fabric, it didn't come through well at all, most of the details were lost. But when I was in Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago, I found some awesome christmas fabrics, so back to the drawing board....
    Old 07-24-2011, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Cosy
    Ever since I saw the 1st of the Blue Christmas row, I thought I knew what I wanted, found a gloriuos print of a way cool santa, but when I printed it on fabric, it didn't come through well at all, most of the details were lost. But when I was in Hobby Lobby a couple of days ago, I found some awesome christmas fabrics, so back to the drawing board....
    my sympathy cosy. i had the same problems. you have this really neat idea and it doesn't work. so, you start over. hang in there. in the end it will be wonderful.