Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

• Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 01-10-2011, 04:25 PM

I don't really care about the blocks, pieced, appliqued.... anyway you want to do it just having to do with birds. Doesn't really help does it? Just know I am easy to please and this is the first time I have ever done a robin of any kind I am sure that all of you are going to make a wonderful quilt!
    Old 01-10-2011, 04:26 PM

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Well Abbigail Elaine made her arrival about 2pm Colorado time. Weighed 7 1/2 pounds and was 19" tall. Looks just like her brother and sister did. Went to LQS to pick up fabric after my son called, I was thinking of doing a 3D pin wheel.
    Old 01-10-2011, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Well Abbigail Elaine made her arrival about 2pm Colorado time. Weighed 7 1/2 pounds and was 19" tall. Looks just like her brother and sister did. Went to LQS to pick up fabric after my son called, I was thinking of doing a 3D pin wheel.
    how exciting. abbigail is a beautiful name. i am glad to see the old names being used again. you will have to post a pic. i can see you are chomping at the bit to get started on the girl quilt. how much fun is that? congratulations to all.
    Old 01-11-2011, 06:44 AM

Congradulations on the new grandbaby! And the beautiful name...are you going to call her Abby Lane for short?
    Old 01-11-2011, 08:19 AM

That's cute! I hadn't thought about it but she's been abbi in my mind for awhile now. But Abby Lane sounds pretty cute.
    Originally Posted by missgigglewings
    Congradulations on the new grandbaby! And the beautiful name...are you going to call her Abby Lane for short?
    Old 01-11-2011, 08:23 AM

missgigglewings is your name from Touched by an Angel? I loved that show and watched every one of thema nd cried each timeI watched it. i had another question for you, about your idea of Christmas what do you think of when you think Christmas?
    Old 01-11-2011, 05:05 PM

Lori: When my grandangel was 2 years old his Mama bought missgigglewings for him to give to me for Christmas. It has a recording function and when you squeeze her hand she says" I love my Nana". Billy is 8 years old now but missgigglewings wll always be 2. Thanks for asking and I watched that showed anbd cried too!

Christmas thoughts: The baby Jesus first and foremost but not wanting a religous themed quilt my thoughts go to snow and starry nights, hearth and home, Trees and angels and snowmen and even santa! I am a kid at heart and kid themed fabric would be ok too! Please have fun and don't worry about me, I will love it when it grows up and comes home!
    Old 01-11-2011, 05:37 PM

hi quilty pals. been meaning to ask lori peercy, is your name lori or melody? our assignment list says melody, but i remember seeing another thread where you said something about using your sister's sign on. either way is ok, giggle, but just curious.

i have been checking on the journal, label, sig block thing on other threads. seems to be a little of each going on. most want a label no matter what else they do. guess that makes sense as it can be attached to any quilt.

i would rather have sig blocks that i can attach to the back, in lieu of a label.

what thoughts do you all have?

all the waiting for the assignment of groups created a kind of lethargy for me and now i feel i need to hurry to meet the feb 15 mail date. suppose i will have to clear the top of my work table so i can get busy. probably spending less time on line would help too. well, as my son would say, "do ya' think?"

it is really cold here, 47 degrees at 530p. i keep hearing these temps from people with several inches of snow. we are in the central valley of calif and the snow is two hours away, as is the ocean. not supposed to be this cold. my little dog is shivering and my fingers are frozen after taking the garbage out. need to go fix dinner to get warmed up.

have a good evening.
    Old 01-11-2011, 06:29 PM

Pat my name is Lori. My sister's internet was down and I pmed Bookworm for my sister and gave her the information Melody is my sister but I didn't make that clear when I posted for her! It is 10 degrees here now and the windchill is -10 will be about -20 tonight. Missgigglewings thank you for the info on your row, I have a better understanding now. Did you see my post with the fabric for Abby Lane's quilt? It is under New Grand Daughter today, I think it is cute. I don't like the journal idea at all and love the sig blocks instead of a label.
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:40 PM

Just a little information about me: I will be 65 the end of February. I am the 5th of 11 children (six sisters, 4 brothers), and definitely have middle child syndrome. I have 6 children myself, 2 boys, four girls, and 17 grandchildren. The oldest gc is 15 and lives with me, the youngest is 4 months. Two hang out with us while their parents work.
    I earned a degree in Elementary Education, and taught for 5 years, but I don't really fit in todays schools, ( I am so totally politically incorrect)so became a corporate trainer, training usually 18-20 year olds, but surprisingly often older people(over 50)to work in a call center. I was downsized and just felt too old to start over with the resume and interview bit, so I cashed out my very small 501k to purchase a Baily, been quilting up a storm ever since. I enjoy the quilting part, but am definitely a novice when it comes to piecing. My avatar is definitely a goal, not something I created. Points definitely get cut off when I piece. But I'm learning.
    As far as pets go, my youngest left her cat with us when she moved into a petless apartment some 6 years ago, still with us. Max is a stray that my dd picked up somewhere, long haired gray with 6 toes on each foot. Doesn't like children, except for our 4 year old dgd, they are pretty much inseparably. And I have an aquarium with a half dozen fish. I guess we feel like we did our bit with pets when our kids were home.
    When our kids were younger, we lived on a couple of acres just west of where we live now, after the youngest left home, we downsized. DH longs to get back to the land though, so we are looking for an acre or so.
    Other than sewing, I do a lot of reading, and mess about with computers, I like gardening, and of course spoiling grandchildren.