Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10  "Rows of Friendship" >
  • Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

• Row Robin 2011 - Group 10 "Rows of Friendship"

Old 01-24-2011, 01:22 PM

oh, lori. i am so sorry. can't imagine what would cause this to happen. you are right, it is just hearbreaking. can any of it be saved? wish i could think of some magic cure. have a cup of tea, glass of wine, or chocolate and take some deep breaths. you will overcome this. my heart is with you.
    Old 01-24-2011, 02:55 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I am so upset I don't know what to do!! I finished my row as I posted earlier. I washed it last night to get ready to mail out and it unraveled and now there are wholes in the seams!!!! This was not cheap fabric. I bought at LQS. I made sure all my seams were 1/4 checked them all when I finished but solid colors unraveled so much the seams came out!!!! I want to cry.
    Lori...This happened on a quilt I did for my grandson. 7 of the blocks looked just like yours did after I washed it. The only way to fix it was to hand sew it. I turned the raveled parts under just like you would needle turn applique, and it worked. You cannot tell by looking at the quilt that it was in sucha mess! my daughter has washed it a couple times since and the hand stitching has held. So give it try...it might work!
    Old 01-24-2011, 06:36 PM

Here what it looked like when it came out of dryer. Took it to the LQS where I bought fabric and he said that it was because I washed it without being quilted first. Live and learn I guess It' just that I was so proud of what I had made and I ruined it myself! Well they say pride goeth before the fall.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-167439.jpe   attachment-167440.jpe   attachment-167441.jpe   attachment-167443.jpe  
    Old 01-25-2011, 10:07 AM

Send the row to me and I will fix it for you. If it can be fixed...I think I can do it! Unless you are going to un-sew the focus blocks and use them in your new one! I would be willing to try anyway!
    Old 01-25-2011, 04:35 PM

That is so sweet of you missgigglewings!!! But I am going to take them apart and use the birds and redo the blocks. Those darn birds have not beaten me lol. I will post a picture soon. Hugs to you for offering you are such a sweety.
    Old 01-25-2011, 06:25 PM

now that is the qb in action. you are awesome miss g.

you keep on keeping on lori. guess we will all benefit from your misfortune. look forward to the new and improved row. no that is wrong, not improved because the first one was awesome.

i have the fabric for both of your rows and look forward to working on them.

my row is almost finished. worked on it last night and totally re-did my row plan. really like this one better and hope to have it done by weeks end.

i know miss g already mailed hers. hope, hope to have mine mailed by next monday. if that is alright with you.
    Old 01-26-2011, 12:44 PM

Love your row! Some of the girls in our group had blocks from a long row. I just made blocks of flowers and I like that. I guess since it is OUR individual quilt, that it is whatever we want.
    I am going to post my row tomorrow or Fri. I had a "bug" this week so wasn't quite in the mood to do it. Also, I had a beauty shop appt. so wanted to look good when my hubby takes my picture!! (Always something.)
    I think the rows will make an awesome quilt. I have so many AWESOME quilts stacked up to do something with, that I need to stop getting tops and not finishing anything. Ho Hum...
    Mariah.
    Just wanted to let you know your row is beautiful; didn't mean to get "strung out!"
    Old 01-27-2011, 09:26 AM

I am going to redo my bird row and this is one of the ideas I had. Do you like this one as well as the original? Or should I redo the way it was? Be honest now!! lol
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-168928.jpe  
    Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 AM

I know I'm not in your group but, that is really cute, I love the green outer choice, but if I have to be honest the bird house fabric doesn't make the birds stand out in the same way as the solid colors did
    just my opinion tho, still love the bird house fabric
    Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    I am going to redo my bird row and this is one of the ideas I had. Do you like this one as well as the original? Or should I redo the way it was? Be honest now!! lol
    Old 01-27-2011, 09:53 AM

Thank you I was not sure i thought maybe it was too cutesee or cartoony or something! Just didn't look as good to me.