Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >
  • Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

• Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-09-2011, 08:47 AM

Good morning to all of you too,
    As usual I am up bright and bushytailed planning what kind of fun I can squeeze in today.
    I will be glad to let you all know what I come up with the labels/signature blocks.
    If you can bear with me and since we do have a few weeks yet (I do acknowledge you need to know ideas and still need to work on yours), give me about a week to get to it.

I am in an exchange for a Valentine 20" square with the "Swap in the New Year" and want it to be done by the end of the week (the 25th), though It won't take me long once I focus on it. They seem to go quite fast- these small ones since I got my Accuquilt cutter.
    I am also beginning to receive the fat 8ths for the Boomerang 4.0,(so excited!) and will do a block here and there.
    A Secret Pal which will be in the mail Tues ( so really finished now)
    You might say "thats a lot", but I have a lot of time and no one but me to answer to, so like to be busy and this is the best kind of busy I could ever be. (agree?)

For me it is a matter of where on the priority list something is and that can change by the moment.

I hope that gives you some background without making you nervous. My row is finished and I have some packages to mail Tuesday, so will be working on the label during the week, so may have some results sooner.

I try not to rush so I can ponder ( I ponder a lot :wink: )
    That's I can make my creations truly me.
    :)
    Old 01-09-2011, 08:56 AM

Ladies, I apologize for the mistake of the 20th of each month. I was thinking 15th, and put 20th.
    My Mistake, and I apologize.
    Mariah.
    Old 01-09-2011, 11:28 AM

I think I have finally made a decision. My row is going to be oranges but I would like each row to be different colors. That way no one has to really co-ordinate colors. It would be nice to have rows that reflect everyone's personality or mode they are in at present time. I am not actually an orange person but I found this really pretty fabric. I hope to prepare fabric tomorrow and will take a pic so everyone can see. I even have a block/s in mind. I just want my quilt to be colorful and feel it gives everyone the opportunity to work on any color they wish. I hope this is okay with everyone. If not, let me know and I'll try to be more specific.
    This week was try and get back into a more normal mode and yesterday I spent the whole day in Quartzite, AZ buying beads for my animals and of course, some for jewelry. So far today was church, just got back from shopping for a blu-ray player (we have finally ordered a digital, hi-def tv to replace our 28 yr old that has a wonderful pic and fantastic color but the digital programming is difficult to deal with). We went with a 32 inch LED because of the weight/thinness for when we make the final move. Also finished beading a doll, the gal who ordered 15 of them will be in town this week and a 2 inch square of a hand with a magenta swirl in the palm for a beaded quilt that will be auctioned off in June at the Bead & Button Bead Show in Milwaukee. I started a 2nd hand - different pattern- which will have a pink ribbon (for breast cancer) in the palm. And here I am on the computer when I really should get something done - but then again there is always tomorrow.
    Old 01-09-2011, 11:32 AM

I am okay with using a box and yes, I believe it would be safer from the elements. We could also place the row/s in a zip-lock type bag which again is additional protection.
    Old 01-09-2011, 11:54 AM

Mailing in a box is fine with me. Syrofoam peanuts or popcorn do not really protect anything unless it is breakable. I will insure my packages and have delivery confirmation. The box will get bigger as we send the rows. :lol:
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:21 PM

Hi Boofish, Good to hear, and glad everyone is surviving the move. Know how it is to be "2 places." Will be anxious to see ideas for your row, and have ideas for fabric and patterns for what you want. That is what I think is the most fun!
    Mariah.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:23 PM

I agree, the more protection, , insurance, confirmation the better. Our quilts will be more valuable each time they move to their next stop.
    Boohoofish, your row sounds really exciting and a lot of fun. I can hardly wait to see your fabric and then your block/s as you go along. Don't wait till they're all done, tooooooo long a wait! Sounds you are going to give us a lot of latitude in our choices of rows for your quilt- neat.

Back to creating...........................
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:30 PM

Mariah, we have seen your 1st block. Are you getting any closer to showing us more. Sure hope so. Carol, I really am getting anxious to see yours. And Sandy, you are quiet on the homefront. I am anxious to get this on the road. I still need to get a journal and do my label and signature pieces.
    One group said they are not into journals, so they are not going to do it.
    Old 01-09-2011, 12:34 PM

I found a journal yesterday and , wouldn't you know it - pink and green!
    Yeah, it sure would be nice to see what you others are 'hiding'
    Old 01-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Yes, I am VERY close to posting blocks 1 and 2. Am seriously thinking about posting a wallhanging I made not long before T.Giving which my husband said was "time to take down." I like Christmas to extend into January for the color.
    Mariah.