Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >
  • Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

• Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-20-2011, 03:20 PM

Sherry - you can go anywhere you want. I don't need the same colors, same theme, etc. My plan right now is to include a sashing between rows of a neutral color so that you all can do what you want. I do plan on putting my row in the center, tho. I figure it might just end up being the brightest one so best to be centered. I was at a loss when the final date came and I thought I could go with no theme but having to choose something at last minute I went with floral - meaning floral prints. I like the size floral I used but if larger that is okay. I would prefer not to be smaller (like calico) florals. Hope this helps. Carol
    The leaves are silk that I attached with machine thru the center vein line.

Originally Posted by ssnare
    Originally Posted by boohoofish
    Well, for better or worse - here it is.
    Carol, it looks nice. What are you wanting to go with this? Are you wanting more of the same colors, a Japanese theme. I do not know exactly what to do with this. And I get yours first.
    Old 01-20-2011, 06:16 PM

Sherry - you can go anywhere you want. I don't need the same colors, same theme, etc. My plan right now is to include a sashing between rows of a neutral color so that you all can do what you want. I do plan on putting my row in the center, tho. I figure it might just end up being the brightest one so best to be centered. I was at a loss when the final date came and I thought I could go with no theme but having to choose something at last minute I went with floral - meaning floral prints. I like the size floral I used but if larger that is okay. I would prefer not to be smaller (like calico) florals. Hope this helps. Carol

Carol, it looks nice. What are you wanting to go with this? Are you wanting more of the same colors, a Japanese theme. I do not know exactly what to do with this. And I get yours first.
    So, is this right, you will be including enough material for the sashing for everyone and sending it with your row. Will the sashing be cut?
    That is going to make a heavy package to mail. Then, we are to make your row, then add the sashing on the top and the bottom of the row to complete it and then send it all on to the next person? I know bookworm said that if you want sashing, you will need to send it with your row.
    Old 01-20-2011, 08:25 PM

Yes I will send sashing. I will attach to the top and bottom of my row and ask the next two to attach either top or bottom (depending on location of their row). The final two will not have to attach as I will do that when quilt returns to me. So I will only be sending two pieces of sashing. This should lighten up the package. Make sense?

So, is this right, you will be including enough material for the sashing for everyone and sending it with your row. Will the sashing be cut?
    That is going to make a heavy package to mail. Then, we are to make your row, then add the sashing on the top and the bottom of the row to complete it and then send it all on to the next person? I know bookworm said that if you want sashing, you will need to send it with your row.
    Old 01-20-2011, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the web site Sherry. I printed the info and I will read it tomorrow while riding the bus.
    Old 01-21-2011, 06:10 AM

Yes I will send sashing. I will attach to the top and bottom of my row and ask the next two to attach either top or bottom (depending on location of their row). The final two will not have to attach as I will do that when quilt returns to me. So I will only be sending two pieces of sashing. This should lighten up the package. Make sense?

Yes, that makes sense. Thank you.
    Old 01-21-2011, 06:12 AM

I finished my label and signature butterflies. Below is a picture of each. I will probably redo the big one, because I messed up on 2011. :oops:
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-164845.jpe   attachment-164846.jpe  
    Old 01-21-2011, 07:00 AM

That'sa pretty color of pink Sherry.
    Old 01-21-2011, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
    That'sa pretty color of pink Sherry.
    It is close to the color of cranberry accent in my row.
    Old 01-22-2011, 06:50 PM

Martha, did you say you took some blocks out of your row? If you did, what are you putting in?
    Old 01-23-2011, 06:17 AM

Everything is different, and I will have it all done this week. I got some sort of Flu which has me on a liquid diet for 48 hrs., then the BRAT Diet for 3 days, then slowly back to regular food. So, my energy hasn't been as great.
    I will post like late this week, if not before then.
    M.