Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >
  • Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

• Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 12-28-2010, 11:33 AM

I think what Roseysue is trying to say is what the picture below looks like .
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-149017.jpe  
    Old 12-28-2010, 11:39 AM

Old 12-28-2010, 12:42 PM

Roseysue, Thanks for your additional information;it helps a lot. Sometimes techniques have different names in different parts of the country. I discovered that in my swap last Summer. Something I was calling one thing was the same thing except a different name back East!
    So, I am clear now.
    Thanks, Mariah.
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:02 PM

Sorry to have been out of touch but I'll bring you all up to date on what has been going on the last several weeks.
    1 - I agree with 3's a charm - I like it a lot
    2 - I would like to stick with 60 day turn around also
    3 - when I signed up life was normal down in AZ but has since changed. My DH and I bid on a house (on line auction) in Georgetown, TX (we moved from TX 14 yrs ago and tho not from Georgetown but in Austin). Our 2 sons live in Leander and the 4 grandsons, also, so we wanted to be near them. Well, the bid was accepted with a closing date of no later than Dec. 3. So hubby and I stuffed the car with as much as we could (we still own a house in AZ. but 95 % of our stuff has been in storage for over 2 years after the sale of our house fell through) But since I really started quilting about that time and had inherited most of my Mom's stash (now she really was an exquisite and prolific quilter - I sure could use her help now that I finally joined the ranks. But I must admit I must have been listening to her more than I thought because a lot of things are easy to figure out.) We had requested an earlier closing but, alas, to our dismay we did not close until the 8th but did not get a key until the 10th. But no water so could not get stuff out of storage until then. Finally the next Wed. we had water so we rented a truck and moved it all in. (I think our dear friend Dorie was beginning to think we would never leave her guest room). The house had some water leakage so it was hire a roof man to fix that - done on Dec. 23 (thank goodness as it rained over an inch 2 days later). When we turned the water heater on it started smoldering the insulation so now it was hire a plumber who sent two flunkies, who were also slobs, and it took them forever and we missed the first period of the ice hockey game. It had been driving to friends to shower, although DH took cold ones, I am just not that brave. On top of that the septic was full so we need to get that pumped out. The house needed a refrigerator and the one I picked out couldn't be delivered until Dec. 29 or so. We ended up buying a tiny, small 3.1 cf that I have been living with for 2 weeks now. We ordered a dining room table and chairs and 1 electric recliner. They were supposed to have been delivered on Dec. 16 but we went back to Ashley and ordered another recliner so the delivery was pushed back to Dec. 23. The table and chairs are fine but they sent rocker/recliners instead so it was now fight with them to get what we really ordered. The stress was beginning to get to me at this point. Finally they said we could have the electric recliners and a discount on our total purchase. Delivery on the 30th. Then today we get a phone call, no can do cause the chairs won't be in until the 31st. So delivery supposedly is on Jan. 1 (I wanted to cancel but DH says no - he wants his chair). The problem is we have to leave for AZ. on Jan. 3rd. I have Dr. appts and need lab work done before them and also a special test on my right eye that I already put off because of this trip. Been busy unpacking, hanging pictures, minimal cooking but did manage to provide a wonderful Xmas day dinner for 3 of our friends. Shrimp cocktail, spaghetti sauce with lobster tails, salad, foccacia bread and a chocolate browning triffle for dessert. Then Sun, I made another Italian meal for just our family.
    Sorry this took so long to write but now you know where I've been. We do not have internet at the house yet so it was trips to the boys to get online and they live 12 and 14 miles away. Somehow or other we have gone to putting gas in the car once a month to every 5 days.
    I am glad to meet all of you and after we get back to AZ I can really begin to plan my quilt. I will send pics when I get it going and this sure sounds like a fun project. Looking forward to working on everyone else's quilts, too. I hope I can find colors to match in my stash. I have a stash in AZ an another in TX. We will be returning to TX. by the end of April so I will be sure to notify everyone of where to send things.
    By the way I will be 64 tomorrow - yes I really am a Christmas Carol. We are both retired and enjoy it a lot. We love to travel and have been to many places both in the states and Europe. The only states that I have not seen are Hawaii, Alaska and S. Carolina. I love to read, cross sticth and other needlework, quilting of course, playing cards, crossword puzzles and reading. I lost both my parents within 6 weeks of each other almost 4 years ago and still miss them so much. I have 2 sons and 4 grandsons - the oldest (step) will be 20, another was 14, another will be 11 and the youngest is 6 (he was abused by his mother so our son is a single parent - an no they were never married - it truly was a 1-nite stand situation that went from bad to worse).
    We are from Minn. but kept moving south with my husbands firm. We went thru downsizing in the late 80's, my husband went back to school and got a social work degree at UT. And that is how we ended up in AZ until he retired. I worked various office jobs off and on and my last work was for Sheraton Hotels - first in reservations and then in hotel support before making it to the database management department. When I left for AZ I retired!.
    Can't think of anything else - I can stay in touch better after we get back to Az.
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:03 PM

Sherry - your row sure is pretty - can hardly wait to receive it and figure out how to add something that goes with it. Will challenge myself!
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:06 PM

Love your flowers,Sherry.
    I can't take on any more quilting until probably Summer, but by then I might be about ready to use something like the block or whatever you got which you fussy-cut the flowers from.
    I haven't bought from some of the big quilt companies on-line for a long time, so am sort of "out-to-lunch" on some of the new items. I have been buying recently from Sew Spider and Rocking Chair Quilts. They are both good,but are small shops.
    Take care!
    Mariah/Martha.
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:10 PM

I haven't been hiding. I have been working on my project and about a hundred other things like every one else. I am happy with the 60 day turn around. That is what I signed up for. I hope everyone is having fun making their row. I can't wait for my top to circulate and get back to me. I love seeing everyones beautiful work.
    Sandy
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:47 PM

Yeah, I am so glad to hear from everyone. Boohoofish, you sound like my life has been. I know we have all been busy. I am reposting my pictures. I was shaky when I took the pictures, so I had my husband take them. They are much better, believe me.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-149162.jpe   attachment-149163.jpe   attachment-149164.jpe   attachment-149165.jpe   attachment-149167.jpe  

attachment-149170.jpe  
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:54 PM

I am trying to posta pic of my row. The sun was shining on it so it is not a good pic but I think you can get the idea of what I am trying to do.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-149172.jpe  
    Old 12-28-2010, 01:57 PM

Originally Posted by scaroca
    I am trying to posta pic of my row. The sun was shining on it so it is not a good pic but I think you can get the idea of what I am trying to do.
    That is so cute. Are you wanting anything winter, or just penquins?