Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >
  • Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

• Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 01-05-2011, 03:10 PM

I think since we had 2 birhdays in Dec., 2 in Jan., and one in March, that we should have an unbirthday party in June. We can pick a day and see what we want to do for each other. I just hope we remember. LOL.
    Old 01-05-2011, 03:15 PM

great idea! I think it would be a challenge for us to do so many so close, plus the Dec. ones. I like the day in June idea; we don't have to "tax our brains," so much, esp. since the 1st row is new to us.
    Maybe sometime around the time of our "reveal," or "show and tell," or whatever we call it.
    Mariah.
    Old 01-05-2011, 08:01 PM

Finally I am here. I don't know what happened to this day, but here I am at last . You have been busy talking so I can put my two cents in.
    My birthday is Dec 7. When I was young, my aunts and grandma celebrated it with me in June so we could avoid that very issue of B-day/Christmas 'confusion' others seemed to have.
    Thanks for the feedback about the fabric. I guess I just want want to justify my guilt feelings. I will buy some from Joannes - on sale, but it still is around $4.99-$9.99 - not what I call cheap. (They have had Keepsake Calico on sale this last week)
    I order from Connecting Threads, Quilt in a Day, both pretty reasonable and fabric good quality. I will buy from the LQS when I happen to be there for our guild's "Sew and Sew" day.
    I am a real sucker for fabric and color, color, color too. ( It must be a quilter's disease) and very contagious.
    I just received an order from Keepsake and am thrilled with it!. Some was on sale around $5.00 (half price) and of course I saw some that I couldn't pass up at regular price 9-10 dollars.
    I am definitely going broke and will have to slow down sometime. (My kids are going to have to contribute to my rent in a few years, I'm afraid.)
    They have these combinations like 'scrap bags , medleys, and other things in combinations of collections, so you get more variety with less fabric each. Good for making blocks.
    Today when I was sorting the fabric that came and guess what I got!
    I will post a pic. Absoutely gorgeous and the thing I look for. Actually there were 12 regular 1/ 4 yd cuts (scrap bag) in what they called the 'Rose Garden'.
    The fabric is really nice too.
    I'm not having much luck in my organization project, seems I get diverted on these fabric sites and the other sites and can't pull myself away.
    Here is the pic.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-154313.jpe  
    Old 01-05-2011, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
    Finally I am here. I don't know what happened to this day, but here I am at last . You have been busy talking so I can put my two cents in.
    My birthday is Dec 7. When I was young, my aunts and grandma celebrated it with me in June so we could avoid that very issue of B-day/Christmas 'confusion' others seemed to have.
    Thanks for the feedback about the fabric. I guess I just want want to justify my guilt feelings. I will buy some from Joannes - on sale, but it still is around $4.99-$9.99 - not what I call cheap. (They have had Keepsake Calico on sale this last week)
    I order from Connecting Threads, Quilt in a Day, both pretty reasonable and fabric good quality. I will buy from the LQS when I happen to be there for our guild's "Sew and Sew" day.
    I am a real sucker for fabric and color, color, color too. ( It must be a quilter's disease) and very contagious.
    I just received an order from Keepsake and am thrilled with it!. Some was on sale around $5.00 (half price) and of course I saw some that I couldn't pass up at regular price 9-10 dollars.
    I am definitely going broke and will have to slow down sometime. (My kids are going to have to contribute to my rent in a few years, I'm afraid.)
    They have these combinations like 'scrap bags , medleys, and other things in combinations of collections, so you get more variety with less fabric each. Good for making blocks.
    Today when I was sorting the fabric that came and guess what I got!
    I will post a pic. Absoutely gorgeous and the thing I look for. Actually there were 12 regular 1/ 4 yd cuts (scrap bag) in what they called the 'Rose Garden'.
    The fabric is really nice too.
    I'm not having much luck in my organization project, seems I get diverted on these fabric sites and the other sites and can't pull myself away.
    Here is the pic.
    I will agree. That is gorgeous. I want some. LOL.
    Old 01-06-2011, 06:08 AM

Hey, I looked at some of the rows that have been added in group 1. They are gorgeous. Do you all think I am limiting your imaginations too much for my row? When you get it, if you think of something else that it needs, let me know. I want your imaginations to flow. I love roses, iris, lilacs, hyacins(spelling?), daffodils, tulips, flowering trees and bushes, etc., butterflies, spring colors in flowers and trees.
    Old 01-06-2011, 06:15 AM

I thought your row was beautiful. You probably remember that I was envious of those Blue Flowers.
    All of the rowquilts I have seen from guild, and the ones from the quilt board all had seperate blocks. So, that is why I am doing seperate blocks.
    We have learned in guild that what we do and how we do it in quilting is an individual thing. It doesn't have to be a certain way. What we like is ours; it is a keepsake of our thoughts and ideas of this time. Mine will have 5 blocks, as it stands now.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you like it, that is all that is important.
    Mariah.
    Old 01-06-2011, 08:50 AM

Sherry, After thinking about your question, I thought of something you might do. If you are interested in the idea, just pm me.
    Mariah.
    Old 01-06-2011, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare
    Hey, I looked at some of the rows that have been added in group 1. They are gorgeous. Do you all think I am limiting your imaginations too much for my row? When you get it, if you think of something else that it needs, let me know. I want your imaginations to flow. I love roses, iris, lilacs, hyacins(spelling?), daffodils, tulips, flowering trees and bushes, etc., butterflies, spring colors in flowers and trees.
    Your row is abosoutely beautiful. I aready have found fabric that will blend with it without it being the same at all. It is soft colors, but different and different flowers. I've been able to find some real nice fabric that I am pleased with.
    I would order yards of that rose fabric, but I got it in a 'scrap bag' pack of a variety of 1/4 yard of different rose fabrics, so in order to get that one, I will also have 11 more.LOL
    I finished the first block the other day for my row revision and have the other one with the pieces sewn, but took time out to clean this place up a bit. (finally)
    Now that I feel better about that, and after I help my DIL work on some decos for my grandaughter's 8th B-day using my cutter making applique shapes, I will get the other one pieced, sewn to the three other blocks and it will be done.
    I've checked it, and it is a better combination in colors this time. I am much happier with it.
    Old 01-06-2011, 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by Roseysue
    Originally Posted by ssnare
    Your row is abosoutely beautiful. I aready have found fabric that will blend with it without it being the same at all. It is soft colors, but different and different flowers. I've been able to find some real nice fabric that I am pleased with.
    I would order yards of that rose fabric, but I got it in a 'scrap bag' pack of a variety of 1/4 yard of different rose fabrics, so in order to get that one, I will also have 11 more.LOL
    I finished the first block the other day for my row revision and have the other one with the pieces sewn, but took time out to clean this place up a bit. (finally)
    Now that I feel better about that, and after I help my DIL work on some decos for my grandaughter's 8th B-day using my cutter making applique shapes, I will get the other one pieced, sewn to the three other blocks and it will be done.
    I've checked it, and it is a better combination in colors this time. I am much happier with it.
    Sounds great.
    Old 01-06-2011, 10:47 AM

Originally Posted by Mariah
    I thought your row was beautiful. You probably remember that I was envious of those Blue Flowers.
    All of the rowquilts I have seen from guild, and the ones from the quilt board all had seperate blocks. So, that is why I am doing seperate blocks.
    We have learned in guild that what we do and how we do it in quilting is an individual thing. It doesn't have to be a certain way. What we like is ours; it is a keepsake of our thoughts and ideas of this time. Mine will have 5 blocks, as it stands now.
    I wouldn't worry too much about it. If you like it, that is all that is important.
    Mariah.
    Mine are all separate blocks.