Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011  group 3  - *3's a Charm* >
  • Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

• Row Robin 2011 group 3 - *3's a Charm*

Old 12-27-2010, 07:40 PM

That will work.
    Just like making any star. You use fabric, use my fabrics, that's all. Does that make sense?
    I feel like I'm somehow not communicating with you or our Leader.
    I sometimes have that problem. I just got out one of my books with stars, I will see if I can send you some examples.
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:03 PM

Originally Posted by Mariah
    Hi Ladies,
    Just 2 things; one to add to the fun, and one to save hearache and disappointment.
    First, to add to the fun; what would you think of having "show and tell," one month before we mail; January 20. We all show what we have done and maybe add a little about what else goes on, ect.
    Now, to the "save a disappointment and heartache." Read Pattis47 on the group 1 thread. She tells about her package being all torn up when she got it, run through a postage machine, grease, ect, on it, ect.
    I firmly believe we should put our rows in a box wrap well, the label on well, and postage tape all around it. Then, insure our boxes. I think this will help. The way I read it it was sent as a "package." So, that would be just paper of some kind wrapped around the row and labels, ect.
    Everybody, let's hear your input on these issues.
    Mariah
    Group Leader.
    Well, we need to mail by Feb. 15, so a month before is Jan. 15.
    On the first page of this thread, I posted the rules set up by bookworm. She says to insure your package and get a delivery confirmation. I tell my postmaster it is fabric and he marks it as fragile, so it is hand cancelled. I have those white express envelopes that are indestructable. They are not cardboard. I think I will put my stuff in one of them and then put that in a flat rate box. Insure it and have delivery confirmation. How much should we say it is worth when we insure it? $100, LOL?

I think we should post pictures before 1 month before we send. Post pictures with you fabric you picked out to use for your blocks, like Roseysue and I did. Post pictures when you get your blocks finished. Post pictures of your finished block and your autograph block and signture blocks before you send them. Then post pictures of the row you receive with material you selected for that row, etc. We love, love, love to see pictures. At least, I do!

:lol:
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:06 PM

I wish we would hear more from Scaroca and boohoofish. We have not heard from boohoofish at all. :cry:
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:12 PM

Pictures,pictures, pctures , I love,love, love them too
    The colors are such fun to see.
    I enjoyed gathering the sample fabrics from my stash so you all could get an idea of my fabrics. So enjoyed coordinating the colors.
    As you can see, they are not all, matching, that's because they don't need to be. That would be boring. I think it is better if each person's personality went into the row too. That is what makes the rows special.
    Anyway, I agree with you Sherry, pack those very specisl rows like they were worth more than gold, like very delicate pieces of china, cause they are!
    I go along with whatever schedule the group agrees to.
    Old 12-27-2010, 08:47 PM

From reading posts about autograph blocks, this is what I have found:
    When sending out squares for signature..

Iron your square to a piece of freezer paper and draw a line on the freezer paper where you want them to sign..
    Send the fabric on freezer paper, a pigma pen, with a note to please return the pen along with the fabric..

This way you know what they are signing with and you can be sure it won't wash out.

It is best to wash the muslin before cutting as the material can have chemicals in it that would discolor the ink.

**Someone said that muslin shrinks. So what material should we use? And I am not sure which side to iron the freezer paper. I have never seen freezer paper.
    Old 12-28-2010, 05:51 AM

Good Morning, Ladies,
    I think the best thing to do would be to make us a flower like you want, and also the star, Roseysue. I read your post twice, and am still a little confused.
    Mariah.
    Old 12-28-2010, 09:53 AM

I don't want you to make me a flower, I want you to use the floral fabric in creating a star. As I illustrated with the picture of my fabrics, you can see the floral fabric in pink and green along with blenders in shades of pink and green.
    I am going to make a block (try and have it done today) so hopefully it will clear up the fog.
    I hope this makes better sense.
    How about our other two group members. Do you have any questions about this? Or do you know what I mean and maybe you can explain it better than I am doing?
    Old 12-28-2010, 10:00 AM

Freezer paper - The shiny side is the one that sticks, so that should be against the fabric. I've always used cotton and most of the time, the labels you can buy already printed.
    It would be nice to make our own with fabric in our row. I can see doing that. It would have to be light color, so we can read what is written on it.
    I don't think the freezer paper will stay stuck that long, so each person should do the freezer paper when they are ready to write on their block. Freezer paper sticks only temporarily.
    Old 12-28-2010, 10:26 AM

Roseysue, I think what you are describing is what we call around here,"fussy cutting."
    Mariah.
    Old 12-28-2010, 10:44 AM

Well, yes I will fussy cut some if there is a square or triangle in the center, but for the rest of the star, just cut it out as if the fabric was plain.
    Just imagine that you are doing a star block like you would do any other bolck, ( like a pinwheel block, etc)