Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6 >
  • Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

• Row Robin 2011 -- Group 6

Old 02-18-2011, 08:43 AM

I'm sorry, too, about losing your friend. That's why my DH retired early -- his friends and coworkers were literally dying off at very young ages. He got nervous and decided life was too short so did everything he could to position himself to retire at 59. But it's never easy to lose someone, much less lose them when they have so much more to live for.
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:07 PM

ok, has any started working on the their row yet??? not me, I will start working on it the 1st of March...I am going to a quilt retreat for 5 days...so March will be when I start...but I do know what I am doing...
    Old 02-20-2011, 05:17 PM

LOL....well I am back from Texas....ugh! So depressing :(
    If I hadn't had internet access in the hotel and my Magnet Swap stuff to keep me busy, I would have gone nuts.
    Anyway....I know TF Quilter isn't working on hers yet, bless her heart, because she hasn't gotten mine yet. I'm sending it UPS tomorrow (post office will be closed) so she won't get it til Tuesday or Wed. I talked to FQ Stash Queen tonight and she'll be sending hers to me this week too. So...we will be getting off to a slow start but I bet this group makes up for it with a vengeance!! :D :D
    Old 02-20-2011, 06:26 PM

QBee, glad you are back...I know how hard that must have been...I will anxiously be awaiting your row & will let you know when it arrives...you should post a picture of your row so we can see it...:)
    Old 02-21-2011, 10:05 AM

Ahhh!!! I don't have your address TF...duh. I am so goofy sometimes. I sent you a PM but you probably won't check till after I have to go to town :( Oh well....the only good thing is that I would have totally forgotten to take pictures had I not checked the thread to tell you I needed your addy. So....now no making fun...this row was a HUGE stretch for me....LOL. I am not at all happy with the 4th block but am hoping to add to it somehow or get one of you ladies to :lol: The colors are a bit too light and I didn't know how to put the little hole in the bird house....and it needs a wittle birdy...LOL :D I was trying to use lots of colors both pastel and brites so that everyone could find fabrics in their stash.
    Anyway....here is my SPRING row!

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    QBee, glad you are back...I know how hard that must have been...I will anxiously be awaiting your row & will let you know when it arrives...you should post a picture of your row so we can see it...:)
    Here is the whole row "SPRING"
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]150945[/ATTACH]

Blocks 1 and 2
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]150946[/ATTACH]

The Center Block
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]150947[/ATTACH]

Blocks 4 and 5 (#4 I'm not crazy about)
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]150948[/ATTACH]

And finally, here is my label
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]151063[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-150940.jpe   attachment-150941.jpe   attachment-150942.jpe   attachment-150943.jpe   attachment-151058.jpe  

Old 02-21-2011, 10:21 AM

Qbee...it is sew cute....that should be one pretty quilt when finished. So far I have seen a one that I did not like. Ladies this is going to be sew much fun to work on your quilt rows....
    Old 02-21-2011, 11:32 AM

QBee...Beautiful, beautiful...I am so EXCITED...I just sent you my address about 5 min ago......
    Old 02-21-2011, 11:37 AM

Q Bee...I love your row! You have many cool colors & my mind is racing...I will add the little "hole" to the birdie house and maybe a bird (if that's okay w/you)...Love your row...and you did an awesome job! Can't wait to get it & I will let you know when it has arrived! And your label is awesome!
    Old 02-21-2011, 12:35 PM

QBee -- Your row is going to be fun. Already going thru pattern books.
    Old 02-21-2011, 09:22 PM

Oh....thank ya'll SO much!! Seriously, I have been so stressed over that row! That is the ONLY bad thing about this board is that folks are just so talented and you see such beautiful things, you want to be able to do them all ;)
    It's OK....I will be quilting for one WHOLE YEAR come this July and I'm going to do something special to show off all that I've learned in a year...LOL :D I didn't get it off today 'cause I went to town before I got the address but will overnight it tomorrow and I will PM you (TF) the tracking number :D I will get a picture of Stash Queens's up on the board when I get it. Also, they have started a thread just for all the pictures so I'm going to try to get all of our rows copied to that thread if I can figure it out...LOL :D Happy Quilting!