Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Group 8  "Eight We Clever" >
  • Row Robin 2011 Group 8 "Eight We Clever"

• Row Robin 2011 Group 8 "Eight We Clever"

Old 01-24-2011, 11:55 PM

That sounds ok to me on the siggy blocks, if everyone else agrees.
    Old 01-25-2011, 07:42 AM

The siggy block is fine with me. What is the point of the journal? Are we suppose to mail on the 15th or before? I still haven't finish my last block. I cleaned my sewing room and just haven't gotten back to it.
    Old 01-25-2011, 01:07 PM

The journal would just be putting on paper the thought process of the row and then the addition you are adding to someone else's quilt. It could have in your own handwritting something about how you started quilting, your family, interests...something about yourself that you want to share with the group...just another way of getting to know one another. The siggy blocks can be any size since they will be for the back of the quilt...and of course labels for all of our work. I will put my label on paper and then copy it to fabric once my quilt is back home. Has anyone decided if they want strips between the rows...it seems that would help as far as breaking the colors, but it will also add to the expense of shipping. Since we do not have anyone out of the United States it should not be too terribly bad. The Round Robin I am in I mail to Australia. We need to firm up our ideas for what we want before we get down to the wire. I would like labels and siggy blocks for sure. Since I keep a journal and write in it most days...I like that idea too, but we want to watch our expense. Let's all decide together.
    Old 01-25-2011, 02:08 PM

If you put sashing between the rows, wouldn't it look strange not having sashing between the blocks? What is the differnce between siggy blocks and labels? I'm fine with the journals if everyone wants to do it.
    Old 01-26-2011, 01:27 PM

They would both do the same thing...just be more blocks on the backing. We can do both or do one or the other...it is up to the group...doesn't matter to me...We just need to know what we want to do before mail date.
    Old 01-26-2011, 02:23 PM

I sent my row out today to kherrin. I added the label but did not add a journal. Journal is not something that I usually do (probably should but never have.)

What if we did a postcard from our state instead of the journal????
    Old 01-30-2011, 06:28 PM

I hope this is OK with everyone. I decided I'd like to have sashing with my blocks. I will send the fabric already cut. I'm going to take my blocks apart and add sashing between them too. If the extra postage is a problem I can send you money for that. I'm not going to have a journal but will a siggy block for the back. Let me know what ya'll think.
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:25 PM

I think that is fine! I WON'T need for you to send me extra postage. I am having a lot of trouble getting my row done the way I want it!!! GRRRRRRRRR!!! Have got so little time before mail date!!!
    Old 01-31-2011, 12:51 PM

I'm working on my last block and then I'll take apart my row, add the sashing (which I've already cut). I'll make sure to take pictures. I'm hoping to get it in the mail this week. Can't wait to see all the other pictures of rows. I'm at a lose of what to do for the Seminole and Native American blocks. I think when I see what you have done I'll have a better idea.
    Old 01-31-2011, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by bjeriann
    I'm working on my last block and then I'll take apart my row, add the sashing (which I've already cut). I'll make sure to take pictures. I'm hoping to get it in the mail this week. Can't wait to see all the other pictures of rows. I'm at a lose of what to do for the Seminole and Native American blocks. I think when I see what you have done I'll have a better idea.
    If you look up Seminole Indian Nation there is a part that has different symbols for different items, these can easily transition into quilt patterns as well as there are samples of seminole blankets. It was very informative. I love researching Native American topics, I always learn a ton.