Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 02-17-2011, 02:03 PM

Jacquie, your work is absolutely astonishing. What works of art you have done on every row.
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Some of the applique was raw edge applique and some was turned edge aplique. I am so happy to be a part of the wonderful group. It has been a pleasure, as well as a learning experience. I am glad I tried the machine applique technique. I have always done hand, needle turned applique and embroidery. Like the others I am anxious to see the finished quilts.
    I cant decide if I want to hand quilt my top or have it long armed. I am afraid the embelishments might be compromised with the long-arm.

Originally Posted by JudyG
    Pattis47 those are just awesome. Is that raw edge applique?
    Old 02-17-2011, 03:27 PM

GROUP 11, YOU ALL NEED TO BE COMPLIMENTED ON YOUR WONDERFUL WORK. I THINK AS YOU GET STARTED AND SEE THE PROGRESS YOU WILL ALL WORK AT DOING YOUR BEST TO GET IT COMPLETED QUICKLY SO IT CAN MOVE ON AND YOU CAN GET TO THE NEXT PERSONS ROW. POSTING PICTURES OF WORK IN PROGRESS HELPS ALSO, IT GIVES OTHERS AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND THEY CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. I AM HAPPY YOU POSTED THE PICS FOR US TO SEE AND THAT YOU ENJOYED KEEPING TRACK OF OUR MARATHON....LOL
    I was up until 2am finishing everything so I could mail it today, and had to be up for work at 6:30 this morning. See what I mean about addictive. But, honestly, I enjoyed the conversations, and friendships as much, if not more than the sewing. I hope to keep these ladies as friends for a long time. It is rare to find so many people with the same work ethic, and desire to succeed. That still boggles my mind.

We will be watching all the groups to see the pics. Pop in and post pics anytime for us to see.
    Happy Sewing, Patti

Thought I would post all the rows of our group, #11-Making Friends Row by Row - so everyone could see what beautiful rows we will be working on. Hope you enjoy them.
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    GROUP 11, YOU ALL NEED TO BE COMPLIMENTED ON YOUR WONDERFUL WORK. I THINK AS YOU GET STARTED AND SEE THE PROGRESS YOU WILL ALL WORK AT DOING YOUR BEST TO GET IT COMPLETED QUICKLY SO IT CAN MOVE ON AND YOU CAN GET TO THE NEXT PERSONS ROW. POSTING PICTURES OF WORK IN PROGRESS HELPS ALSO, IT GIVES OTHERS AN IDEA OF WHAT YOU ARE DOING AND THEY CAN PLAN ACCORDINGLY FOR WHAT THEY WANT TO DO. I AM HAPPY YOU POSTED THE PICS FOR US TO SEE AND THAT YOU ENJOYED KEEPING TRACK OF OUR MARATHON....LOL
    I was up until 2am finishing everything so I could mail it today, and had to be up for work at 6:30 this morning. See what I mean about addictive. But, honestly, I enjoyed the conversations, and friendships as much, if not more than the sewing. I hope to keep these ladies as friends for a long time. It is rare to find so many people with the same work ethic, and desire to succeed. That still boggles my mind.

We will be watching all the groups to see the pics. Pop in and post pics anytime for us to see.
    Happy Sewing, Patti

Thought I would post all the rows of our group, #11-Making Friends Row by Row - so everyone could see what beautiful rows we will be working on. Hope you enjoy them.
    patti, i couldn't have worded it better myself!!
    i've never met such truly wonderful, kind & talented ladies EVER!!!! than on here!!
    we were blessed when placed together in this group, i suppose you could say we were 'driven', by the love of material art (and sheer impatience!!! lol)

yes, i agree, we will be together for a very long time to come!!!

Judy, thank you for your very kind words!! but, i'd have to reply by saying everyone i've met on here puts in 150%, i guess we all just LOVE what we do, and it shows in our work :)
    thank you!!
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:17 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie

Happy Sewing, Patti

i've never met such truly wonderful, kind & talented ladies EVER!!!! than on here!!
    we were blessed when placed together in this group, i suppose you could say we were 'driven', by the love of material art (and sheer impatience!!! lol)

Judy, thank you for your very kind words!! but, i'd have to reply by saying everyone i've met on here puts in 150%, i guess we all just LOVE what we do, and it shows in our work :)
    thank you!!
    "I will stand-up and say ""AMEN"" .... to both Patti and Jacquie's statements"! :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :wink:
    Old 02-17-2011, 04:42 PM

AMEN!!!!!
    :-) :-) :lol: :lol: :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup: :lol: :lol: :-) :-)
    Old 02-17-2011, 05:31 PM

And an AMEN here, also.
    Old 02-17-2011, 05:57 PM

By the way, whoever said "All good things come to those who wait" has never seen what comes to those who can't wait...There is something to be said for impatience! Good friends, Great Stitchers all of whom are generous, kind, wonderful, helpful and willing to teach others, thats the Early Birds

Happy Sewing, Patti

thank you!!
    Old 02-17-2011, 06:03 PM

I SECOND ALL OF THAT!!

By the way, whoever said "All good things come to those who wait" has never seen what comes to those who can't wait...There is something to be said for impatience! Good friends, Great Stitchers all of whom are generous, kind, wonderful, helpful and willing to teach others, thats the Early Birds

Happy Sewing, Patti

thank you!!
    :lol: :lol:
    Old 02-17-2011, 08:32 PM

I have to add my add my AMEN<AMEN here too. I've been lurking, adoringly watching all the beauty and artfulness before my eyes .

You all are true artists and what a bond! you're right - Friends Forever!