Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 03-12-2011, 05:19 PM

And a mighty fine thought it was. I can envision an online quilt show right here on the board. We could all log on vote for BEST IN SHOW. We might have to do the voting for a 24hr period to include everyone around the world that participates in the Row Robins. Ok, girls we need to brainstorm and come up with ideas to expand on Dayles great idea. Maybe we could ask for donations from the businesses we support to give away as prizes for the different catagories.
    Put on your thinking caps ladies......I smell a plan in the process.

Originally Posted by RNUNU
    Originally Posted by pattis47
    We should find a quilt show to enter them in. They would have to make a special catagory for the Early Birds Traveling Quilts.
    Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    Sounds like you are getting a good jump on Jacquie's quilt top. It will be so great when everyone has theirs back home.
    Maybe one could be formed .... right here on the QB .... "Finished Row Robin Quilts" .... just had that thought ???????
    Old 03-12-2011, 05:51 PM

Sounds like this could really take off. I have noticed that there are shops that are advertised on this site, so maybe they would offer prizes????
    I don't know if this kind of thing is allowed here though, do any of you?

And a mighty fine thought it was. I can envision an online quilt show right here on the board. We could all log on vote for BEST IN SHOW. We might have to do the voting for a 24hr period to include everyone around the world that participates in the Row Robins. Ok, girls we need to brainstorm and come up with ideas to expand on Dayles great idea. Maybe we could ask for donations from the businesses we support to give away as prizes for the different catagories.

We should find a quilt show to enter them in. They would have to make a special catagory for the Early Birds Traveling Quilts.
    Sounds like you are getting a good jump on Jacquie's quilt top. It will be so great when everyone has theirs back home.
    Maybe one could be formed .... right here on the QB .... "Finished Row Robin Quilts" .... just had that thought ???????
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:01 PM

Sounds like this could really take off. I have noticed that there are shops that are advertised on this site, so maybe they would offer prizes????

Maybe run this idea by Bookworm ..... she may just have enough information, as to who to forward this idea onto .... for consideration.
    Old 03-12-2011, 06:24 PM

I don't know, but we could always ask Patrice. I think she is the one that makes the decisions.

Old 03-12-2011, 11:35 PM

I finished my row for Jacquie's top. It will go to Idaho on Monday.
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-137288.jpe  
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:20 AM

Betty,
    That was such a wonderful idea. It looks great. Jacquie will be so happy when she sees this.
    GREAT JOB !!!! :thumbup: :lol:

Originally Posted by Boopers
    I finished my row for Jacquie's top. It will go to Idaho on Monday.
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:25 AM

I sent a PM to PatriceJ last night. She answered me, she thinks this is a wonderful idea and she is forwarding it up the chain at corporate. She said they are looking for an idea for the marketing dept and this might work. She did say it would not happen quickly. I said I would like it to happen when our Row Robin is completed so it would include all of our groups.

Not only talented artists, but good business women also.....
    :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Maybe run this idea by Bookworm ..... she may just have enough information, as to who to forward this idea onto .... for consideration.
    Old 03-13-2011, 06:28 AM

That's wonderful news. Keep us posted.
    Old 03-19-2011, 08:43 PM

Sorry if I seem to have not been paying attention the last few days. I've been having family stuff happen and some financial worries that have been distracting me.

Just want to say everyone's work looks amazing!
    Old 04-01-2011, 02:44 PM

HI EVERYONE, just a note to let you know ALL my rows have returned to me, they have had the sashing added and the borders put on....then quilted and now I am working on the binding. My quilt will be FINISHED this weekend. I will post pictures as soon as I complete the binding. This quilt has traveled to Scotland, Maine, Idaho, Nevada and back to me in Maryland.....in less than four months AMAZING !