Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 11-14-2010, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by TFquilter
    I just signed up for this Row Robin and am so excited...I thought I had seen a listing of all who had signed up...I wanted to make sure my name was on it.. :-D

Sorry, is there a listing & how do I get to it? Thankyou! ;-)
    Yes you are on it. Go to page one of this listing. Then at the bottom of the first post there is a link. Click on the link and it will take you to the page with all 42 names.
    Old 11-14-2010, 11:29 AM
    Power Poster

I think bookworm's idea is fitting. I'm sure that not everyone minds smoke. I also appreciate seymore's honesty and consideration. Glad you and your sis get along so well - I think sisterly love has an awesome power.
    Old 11-14-2010, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter
    I think bookworm's idea is fitting. I'm sure that not everyone minds smoke. I also appreciate seymore's honesty and consideration. Glad you and your sis get along so well - I think sisterly love has an awesome power.
    MadQuilter, thanks for the kind thoughts. My sister is 14 years older than me, but we have always been close. I've been glued to her side since I was born, even went on dates with her when she was in her teens. Too funny! She is the BEST sister and I am so blessed to have her in my life. There are five of us all together, 2 boys, 3 girls. We are a very close family. Two weeks after our mother passed away in 1997 we have been meeting at a restaurant for breakfast every two weeks. My brothers even plan their vacations around breakfast. LOL Anyway, just wanted to share a little. Thanks again!
    Old 11-14-2010, 12:14 PM

I, too agree with MadQuilter. It was nice of you to advise us of the smoke issue. I am sure there is a way to have you as a part of the swap. I think it is wonderful that your family is so close. In this day and age of families all over the globe, it is nice that you make time to share with each other. Congratulations on your committment to family.

Originally Posted by seymoore
    MadQuilter, thanks for the kind thoughts. My sister is 14 years older than me, but we have always been close. I've been glued to her side since I was born, even went on dates with her when she was in her teens. Too funny! She is the BEST sister and I am so blessed to have her in my life. There are five of us all together, 2 boys, 3 girls. We are a very close family. Two weeks after our mother passed away in 1997 we have been meeting at a restaurant for breakfast every two weeks. My brothers even plan their vacations around breakfast. LOL Anyway, just wanted to share a little. Thanks again!
    Old 11-14-2010, 01:46 PM

I agree. I think it was very sweet for her to be so honest. I just quit about 8 months ago so I know how hard it is to try and not offend others. One thing you might try to minimize the smoke smell is to just keep the project in one of those really big zip lock bags when you aren't working on it.....you never know....it might work. When I traveled on business and didn't want my suit to smell like smoke from smoking in the car (I smoked a LOT in the car) I would wear an old Tshirt while driving and have my suit in a zipped up bag. Then I would change into it before the meetings. I also kept all suits, etc. zipped in the hotel room since they were smoking rooms. It did help.
    Old 11-14-2010, 01:51 PM

Thanks for your help..I did find it... :-P
    Old 11-14-2010, 01:53 PM

Thankyou...I found it...I think this is going to be so much fun! :lol:
    Old 11-14-2010, 06:34 PM

Thanks QBee, that's a great idea!
    Old 11-14-2010, 07:14 PM

It also helps to put a paper towel sprayed with Febreeze in that sealed bag with the project. I quit smoking 3.5 yrs ago and I know how hard it is.
    Old 11-15-2010, 02:37 PM

I also live with a smoker...never thought about it being a problem...will have to put me in the smoking group...LOL.