Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 11-22-2010, 03:01 AM

Originally Posted by Momof3Es

I so want to take part in this. BUT I am scared! I don't want to mess up someone elses beautiful work. Should I make sure that I am at a certain skill level before entering one of these? If you say yes that's ok. I will just keep practicing.
    If you say any skill level then I have a couple of questions...
    1.Will I know what is coming next? ie. the next one likes green snow flakes. I don't have any fabric like that so I will have to buy. Will I know in Feb that this is coming to me in April? Will I be able to plan ahead?
    2. I start the quilt off. I make my own first row and then send it on for others to add to it? Right
    I'm sorry if this is a goofy question. If you say the remedial are not allowed I will understand! LOL! :oops:
    1. The way I understand it, Bookworm will assign us groups and everyone is listed with their theme here http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...jsp?gracnum=87 So we will know what is coming next for the entire swap.

2. Yes, you understand correctly - you make your own row and others will add four more rows before it comes back to you. A few posts back, Jacquie posted a link to a row robin that is currently underway on the board - take a look - it's really cool!

Please come play with us!
    Old 11-22-2010, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Me please! I've sent you a Pm I'm so excited! This will be my first ever row robin!
    I so want to take part in this. BUT I am scared! I don't want to mess up someone elses beautiful work. Should I make sure that I am at a certain skill level before entering one of these? If you say yes that's ok. I will just keep practicing.
    1.Will I know what is coming next? ie. the next one likes green snow flakes. I don't have any fabric like that so I will have to buy. Will I know in Feb that this is coming to me in April? Will I be able to plan ahead?
    2. I start the quilt off. I make my own first row and then send it on for others to add to it? Right
    I'm sorry if this is a goofy question. If you say the remedial are not allowed I will understand! LOL! :oops:
    hi, welcome!! of cause you MUST join us!!!
    this is the time and place to learn!!! otherwise, how would you move forwards and gain your experience. you're in the right place to do it, with wonderful ladies who are only too happy to help and share knowledge! you will have an amazing time!!
    if you also look back over the last 17 pages (yes, i know...17!) you will probably find every answer to any question you may have about the goings on of this Row Robin...
    read and enjoy the excitement!
    and most of all, have fun with any ideas you come up with for a theme!!!
    love jacquie xxx (also new to RR's!!)

p.s, here is the link again to the other groups RR's so you can take a look at how they are getting on with theirs... they are up to rows 6&7 now... just press on this link...
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-44827-41.htm
    Old 11-22-2010, 10:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Jennifer22206
    Me please! I've sent you a Pm I'm so excited! This will be my first ever row robin!
    There is a list of participants in each row robin and the mailing order is set. This means that you always mail to the same person.

You start your own row and send it to the next person on the list. In turn, you will get the row from the person behind you on the list.

Each participant on the list will have declared their theme and generally, row pictures are posted as rows get completed. That way you can take a look at what is coming to you.

By the time the row robin is completed you have worked on every participant's project. The only thing that changed from one mailing to the next is which row number you completed. By the time you are done you will have worked one row in each position.

In the end, you will get the top back that you started.
    Old 11-22-2010, 05:23 PM

Wowsers... Thanks everyone who answered questions :)
    Old 11-22-2010, 08:04 PM

Hey, anything we can do to rope in another victim.....I mean quilter. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Originally Posted by bookworm
    Wowsers... Thanks everyone who answered questions :)
    Old 11-22-2010, 11:31 PM

just catching up after being gone for a few days "sitting" on my granddaughters. tried to access site from their sign on at their home but they are so restricted that i was locked out. not sure what quilters do or say that should be restricted from children, but that's what happened. lol! will have to ask son to give me my own grown up sign on next time.

i am thrilled that some are starting to share their fabric choices. this will help ease the wait time until starting. will try to get mine on tomorrow.
    Old 11-23-2010, 04:34 AM

something we can also start thinking about and making, is a 'label'...
    this will need to be sent out our first row.

i'm going to design and make mine probably before i make my row... just to give me longer thinking time for my row.
    the label will also have to be a fair size to accommodate all the writing that will need to be fitted into it.
    'bookworm' told us in the info letter all the things to be mentioned i.e row number, name, place your from, etc...

it will be nice to see pic's of everyones labels too!

love jacquie xxxxx
    Old 11-23-2010, 08:22 AM

Originally Posted by jacquie
    something we can also start thinking about and making, is a 'label'...
    this will need to be sent out our first row.

i'm going to design and make mine probably before i make my row... just to give me longer thinking time for my row.
    the label will also have to be a fair size to accommodate all the writing that will need to be fitted into it.
    'bookworm' told us in the info letter all the things to be mentioned i.e row number, name, place your from, etc...

it will be nice to see pic's of everyones labels too!

Hi..I think along with the label I am going to put a small notebook/journal (4 x 4) or so and ask everyone to write their thoughts etc as they are working on my row...to put the their name & date etc...I have done a couple of row x row's, and we include a small notebook...it's fun & you can look back on comments etc...just something people might want to consider also.

love jacquie xxxxx
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:34 AM

Well....... I now have my fabric - bright stars on black background all different styles and sizes !
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-132682.jpe  
    Old 11-23-2010, 11:54 AM

I think I have mine as well.