Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 12-11-2010, 02:31 PM

Please, oh please post some pics of work in progress or your finished row. Love to see what others have done

Originally Posted by Obsessed
    I've had my row sketched out for a while, but today I made up my paper piecing template and figured out cutting instructions for myself... It is exciting! I get to start cutting my fabric this weekend!
    Old 12-11-2010, 08:57 PM

Originally Posted by pattis47
    Please, oh please post some pics of work in progress or your finished row. Love to see what others have done

I've had my row sketched out for a while, but today I made up my paper piecing template and figured out cutting instructions for myself... It is exciting! I get to start cutting my fabric this weekend!
    You really don't want to see my shoe box full of tiny strips I've been cutting for my spiderweb blocks... do you?!? :lol: That's the extent of my WIP right now!

I promise to share as soon as I have something to share. I'm just still wrapped up in Christmas sewing!
    Old 12-12-2010, 05:39 AM

You really don't want to see my shoe box full of tiny strips I've been cutting for my spiderweb blocks... do you?!? :lol: That's the extent of my WIP right now!

I promise to share as soon as I have something to share. I'm just still wrapped up in Christmas sewing!
    What are spiderweb blocks?
    Old 12-12-2010, 06:28 AM

Originally Posted by ssnare

What are spiderweb blocks?
    uhh ohh, this sounds like a lot of work!!! lol
    Old 12-12-2010, 07:10 AM

I've been thinking about joining this for awhile...I've never done a row robin before but it really intrigues me! I think I'll go with a civil war theme.
    Old 12-12-2010, 07:34 AM

Originally Posted by Chrys
    I've been thinking about joining this for awhile...I've never done a row robin before but it really intrigues me! I think I'll go with a civil war theme.
    "Come on in and join us ..... the water is warm"! This is my first time (and there are a lot of others) doing the Row Robin on an International level. I'm one of the members of the "Early Bird Threaders" group ..... we can hardly wait to get started!

I put these words on my Row Robin label .... I think they pretty much fit this project. Here are the words: "Love and expressions in fabric, coming together to create Worldwide Quilting Friendships".
    Old 12-12-2010, 07:38 AM

Please, I need help to figure out how much to cut for my sashes for the background, to make the row come out to 60 1/2". I have 3 pieces that each measure 20 3/4" wide and 2 pieces that each measure 5 1/2" . That adds to 49 1/4". When I subtract 49 1/4" from 60 1/2", I get 11 1/4". Then I added 2" for seams = 13 1/4". I would like to divide 13 1/4 by 4 or 6. I can not figure out what that equals. I figured how much I need to add to each to make a finished block on the top and bottom to equal 12 1/2". :?: Did I figure this right? Thank you.
    Old 12-12-2010, 08:26 AM

Oh yes, another member.....this is so much fun.....welcome

Originally Posted by Chrys
    Old 12-12-2010, 10:53 AM

ssnare, if you have three pieces that measure 20.75" that is already 62.25". not including the two 5.5" blocks you are already over your required 60.5". at least that is my calculation. lol

i find it much easier to do these calculations using the finished block size, then add the seam allowance to each block after my calcs.
    Old 12-12-2010, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by pdcakm
    ssnare, if you have three pieces that measure 20.75" that is already 62.25". not including the two 5.5" blocks you are already over your required 60.5". at least that is my calculation. lol

i find it much easier to do these calculations using the finished block size, then add the seam allowance to each block after my calcs.
    I wrote it wrong. I am trying to make a 5 blocks. I have 3 pieces each measures 12 3/4" and 2 pieces each measures 5 1/2". I need to know how much background I need so the row comes out to 60 1/2" long. I am new to this!