Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending >
  • Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

• Row Robin 2011 Swap Groups Pending

Old 12-18-2010, 05:33 PM

Originally Posted by ssnare
    I came up with a quilt label. Since my theme is "Buds and Blooms", I drew a large butterfly for everyone to put their names, etc. on. I also drew a smaller one to make 5 of to keep one and send out the other 4 with my information on them. What do you think of this?
    what a wonderful idea!!! how neat!!
    cute idea! i wish i'd thought of something like that, with a theme...
    we've also made 'autograph blocks' which will travel round the ladies with our rows, with our info on for each lady to keep. i suppose that is something similar...
    Old 12-18-2010, 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by jacquie
    Originally Posted by ssnare
    I came up with a quilt label. Since my theme is "Buds and Blooms", I drew a large butterfly for everyone to put their names, etc. on. I also drew a smaller one to make 5 of to keep one and send out the other 4 with my information on them. What do you think of this?
    what a wonderful idea!!! how neat!!
    cute idea! i wish i'd thought of something like that, with a theme...
    we've also made 'autograph blocks' which will travel round the ladies with our rows, with our info on for each lady to keep. i suppose that is something similar...
    Is this crazy or not? I thought I would write on the 5 smaller ones, besides my name, location, and date, add my hobbies and favorite colors.
    Old 12-19-2010, 08:39 AM

just a thought...our guild did a round robin a couple of years ago and we sent a real small notebook around with the row for each person to put down a few thoughts - impressions of what was there, some train of thought ideas of possible alternate designs as we were coming up with our "round." I tend to get wordy, some just wrote their names and included the particulars about what fabrics they used provided they knew. Since this is going to be mailed rather than handed to someone personally, it would be best if the "notebook" were really small - not heavy. Maybe instead of a notebook, simply a blank greeting card?
    Old 12-19-2010, 10:09 AM

Originally Posted by Cre8tvlwyr
    just a thought...our guild did a round robin a couple of years ago and we sent a real small notebook around with the row for each person to put down a few thoughts - impressions of what was there, some train of thought ideas of possible alternate designs as we were coming up with our "round." I tend to get wordy, some just wrote their names and included the particulars about what fabrics they used provided they knew. Since this is going to be mailed rather than handed to someone personally, it would be best if the "notebook" were really small - not heavy. Maybe instead of a notebook, simply a blank greeting card?
    i think the early bird threads are doing this with their rows. check out their thread.
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:47 PM

one more day before the sign ups close, and then we'll start getting our groups, can't wait, very excited,
    side note: there's nothing wrong with using the backside of the fabric if it's for a block in my own row is there?
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM

only problem with that is when it gets sandwiched w/batting and backing, you info will be inside the quilt if I understand what you mean

Originally Posted by Short an Sweet
    one more day before the sign ups close, and then we'll start getting our groups, can't wait, very excited,
    side note: there's nothing wrong with using the backside of the fabric if it's for a block in my own row is there?
    Old 12-19-2010, 02:49 PM

Nothing wrong with it at all. People do that all the time.
    Old 12-19-2010, 03:24 PM

Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    i'm not with you, what do you mean, sorry... being a bit blonde & slow lol...
    Old 12-19-2010, 03:47 PM

one of the fabrics I want to use for one of my blocks is very dark and a little on the reddish side of purple,
    the other two co-ordinating fabrics are also dark.
    But if I turn the other one over to the backside of the fabric, it is MUCH lighter and not so reddish, so it actually goes with the other fabrics better. That's my opinion of course, but my hubby has a real good eye for color and he agrees that the backside of the fabric goes best with the other two

Originally Posted by jacquie
    Originally Posted by maine ladybug
    i'm not with you, what do you mean, sorry... being a bit blonde & slow lol...
    this is the right sides of the fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145324[/ATTACH]

with this one, the one on the left has been flipped to the backside of the fabric
    [ATTACH=CONFIG]145325[/ATTACH]
    Attached Thumbnails attachment-145319.jpe   attachment-145320.jpe  
    Old 12-19-2010, 04:01 PM

Just my opinion, but, after seeing your pictures of the fabric I think you could use either side. That being said, I think you may want to make a block doing it each way before you decide. That's what I would do anyway.