Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Row  Robin - Signup Closed >
  • Row Robin - Signup Closed

• Row Robin - Signup Closed

Old 01-08-2011, 04:48 PM

Okay all you paper piecers ,do i take off the paper or leave it,I bought the actual piecing fabric? looks like interfacing kinda.
    Old 01-08-2011, 07:54 PM

Originally Posted by materialgrl
    Okay all you paper piecers ,do i take off the paper or leave it,I bought the actual piecing fabric? looks like interfacing kinda.
    If the material you used is not paper, but some very thin fabric or net-like material, do not try to remove it. I've used something like that once when helping make the Opportunity Quilt for my Guild. It does not add bulk to the block, but does keep it sturdy.

When I added the paper pieced row, I was able to remove the paper because all the outside edges of the fabric were cut on the grain. Belles
    Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 PM

Materialgrl, I agree with Belles. If you try to remove it, it will probably stretch your seams out of whack and if any of your edges are on the bias, it could stretch them out as well. I always use cheap computer paper and carefully tear the paper away. You probably bought "foundation fabric" which is meant to be left in to keep the block stable.
    Old 01-09-2011, 10:14 AM

Thanks
    Old 01-11-2011, 07:56 AM

I don't know what to say except WOW. I love it. I can feel my eyes watering up. I am at work so I need to suck it up lol. It's beautiful.
    thanks
    patty

Originally Posted by Belles
    Originally Posted by Belles
    I'm going to take a look/see at the package Gramakitten sent me. I'm not sure which block I will feature, but I am sure I'll put some embroidery on the blocks. And again, I'm only going to use from my stash. It's a promise I made to myself.
    After I took a look/see, the package was imjustme's Christmas RR and I was able to put a LOT of embroidery on the blocks (which you'll note are the same block as the first row!) Imjustme, I do hope you like it. (Let's me be truthful, I hope everyone else likes it too!) Belles
    Old 01-12-2011, 11:59 AM

I'm traveling right now, but my husband called me to say that the package had arrived! I will be home tomorrow night to see it.

Kathy N.

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
    Kathy...Keep an eye out in your mailbox on Monday. I mailed you the next round.
    Old 01-12-2011, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by Kathy N
    I'm traveling right now, but my husband called me to say that the package had arrived! I will be home tomorrow night to see it.

Kathy N.

Originally Posted by MISHNJIM
    Kathy...Keep an eye out in your mailbox on Monday. I mailed you the next round.
    Okay good. Glad it got there.
    Old 01-13-2011, 05:54 AM

So sorry Ladies that I have gotten behind, my DH has been in the hospital with pnemonia, that in it's self if bad, but he has COPD on top of that, so he has been very sick. He got out of the hospital yesterday, so I am hoping that by this weekend, I will be able to start sewing again and catch up. Thank you so much for bearing with me and again, I'm sorry the be so late. Michelle, I have 2 that I'm going to try and get done and sent to you hopefully by Tuesday of next week.
    Old 01-13-2011, 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by shaysmema
    So sorry Ladies that I have gotten behind, my DH has been in the hospital with pnemonia, that in it's self if bad, but he has COPD on top of that, so he has been very sick. He got out of the hospital yesterday, so I am hoping that by this weekend, I will be able to start sewing again and catch up. Thank you so much for bearing with me and again, I'm sorry the be so late. Michelle, I have 2 that I'm going to try and get done and sent to you hopefully by Tuesday of next week.
    I'm very sorry to hear about your DH and hope he's on the road to recovery. I'm sure you'll take good care of him.

This morning I sent you Imjustme's Christmas RR, before I read your email. According to the Post Office Clerk, you shouldn't receive it until next Tuesday or Wednesday. So perhaps you'll mail out two and get one! Belles
    Old 01-13-2011, 04:25 PM

Sorry to hear about your hubby!!! Hope he gets better soon.