Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Santa block swap ( signup closes July 15, 2010) >
  • Santa block swap ( signup closes July 15, 2010)

• Santa block swap ( signup closes July 15, 2010)

Old 09-06-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter
    Dgreen

Do send your blocks in they are very cute.......... I sue don't see anything wrong with them. I would love to have one.

ScrapQuilter
    [quote=Belles] As I view all the blocks that have been posted, I'm wondering if I misread the instructions. I thought the swap was to consist of Santas that are either appliqued, paper pieced or patchwork pieced and I see a lot of traditional blocks with Christmas fabrics (not all showing Santas). Anyway, I've finished my 9.5" unfinished paperpieced Santas. Six with a short beard and brown eyes and six with a longer beard and blue eyes (a tribute to Paul Newman!). Here is a photo of both. Pvquilter, they will be in the mail tomorrow (Friday). [quote Belles]

As I reread my comments (see above) I didn't say there was ANYTHING WRONG with the traditional blocks in Christmas fabric, I DID say that the original directions stated the Santas should be paper-pieced, patchwork pieced, appliqued and, after checking the instructions, they could also be embroidered. The Christmas fabric blocks are colorful, well made and would look lovely in a quilt with other blocks using Christmas fabrics. Belles
    Old 09-07-2010, 07:39 AM

[quote=Belles]
    Originally Posted by ScrapQuilter
    Dgreen

Do send your blocks in they are very cute.......... I sue don't see anything wrong with them. I would love to have one.

ScrapQuilter
    Originally Posted by Belles
    As I view all the blocks that have been posted, I'm wondering if I misread the instructions. I thought the swap was to consist of Santas that are either appliqued, paper pieced or patchwork pieced and I see a lot of traditional blocks with Christmas fabrics (not all showing Santas). Anyway, I've finished my 9.5" unfinished paperpieced Santas. Six with a short beard and brown eyes and six with a longer beard and blue eyes (a tribute to Paul Newman!). Here is a photo of both. Pvquilter, they will be in the mail tomorrow (Friday). [quote Belles]

As I reread my comments (see above) I didn't say there was ANYTHING WRONG with the traditional blocks in Christmas fabric, I DID say that the original directions stated the Santas should be paper-pieced, patchwork pieced, appliqued and, after checking the instructions, they could also be embroidered. The Christmas fabric blocks are colorful, well made and would look lovely in a quilt with other blocks using Christmas fabrics. Belles
    Belles, I've not followed every post on this thread (just don't have time to read them all!) but I do remember awhile back someone asking if a traditional block w/Santa fabric would be OK. Yes, the original instructions were as you remembered. But several wrote in that they thought traditional blocks w/Santa fabric would be fine, & even a nice setting block for the other Santas. Hope all that made sense!:)

:-( It's unfortunate that sometimes we read into a post an attitude that isn't there. One of the faults of online versus face-to-face:) But it's important to know that everyone is right here - both kinds (of blocks) are fine!! ;-)
    Old 09-07-2010, 06:50 PM

Belles where did you find a pattern for your Santas? I love them hope I get one myself. Love to have the link to your pattern if there is one. :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2010, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by purplesharon
    Belles where did you find a pattern for your Santas? I love them hope I get one myself. Love to have the link to your pattern if there is one. :thumbup:
    Thanks purplesharon, I thought they were very cute. On this site there are also patterns for Snowmen, Angels and a Santa 3! Go to http://yvonnes.dk/ and click on Christmas Blocks II. I used Santa 2002 and Santa 2002 version 2, BUT now that I revisit the site, Santa 3 is pretty cute too. Belles
    Old 09-08-2010, 04:52 AM
    Banned

Belles:
    How do you get the instructions for the blocks on this sight?

Thanks purplesharon, I thought they were very cute. On this site there are also patterns for Snowmen, Angels and a Santa 3! Go to http://yvonnes.dk/ and click on Christmas Blocks II. I used Santa 2002 and Santa 2002 version 2, BUT now that I revisit the site, Santa 3 is pretty cute too. Belles
    Old 09-08-2010, 05:45 AM

pv:

Click on the Santa word under the pictures, (ie. Santa 3).

Originally Posted by pvquilter
    Belles:

Old 09-08-2010, 05:50 AM
    Banned

I don't get any instructions, just a picture of the Santa.

Originally Posted by Carsey
    pv:

Belles:

Old 09-08-2010, 05:59 AM
    Banned

Never mind, it worked now.

I don't get any instructions, just a picture of the Santa.

Originally Posted by Carsey
    pv:

Belles:

Old 09-08-2010, 06:09 AM

I couldn't get it to work either.... :cry: :cry:
    Old 09-08-2010, 10:46 AM

Paintmejudy,

One of my sets of Santa's is 6.5 x 9.5, two sets are 3.5 and one is 9.5. Hope to get a variety back also. Good luck and happy quilting!