Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >
  • Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

• Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 06-17-2010, 06:35 AM

I can wait on my blocks...no problem. You ladies have a tough job on your hands, so take your time and don't rush!
    Old 06-17-2010, 07:04 AM

I definitely don't mind waiting so everyone can participate. This has been such a fun swap!
    Old 06-17-2010, 08:01 AM

got mine in the mail on the 15th----talk about cutting my time short. had them done way before that---just lazy I guess.
    Old 06-17-2010, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Swappers-- Please rembember the mail date is June 15th. PM me if you are having problems. We plan on swapping the blocks out on 6/28, so they need to hit my mailbox by 6/26. Sorry but late packages will not make it in the swap.
    I personally don't care if we wait a bit but it is entirely up to NorBannaquilts!
    She is the one doing all the work.
    There is a 10 day grace period until 6/26 so there's plenty of time for more blocks to arrive.

If you look through the list of those whose blocks have not arrived you will see many names with 0 posts! They must have come in and PM'd to join and never ever posted to the board. I don't think they will be sending blocks.

There are people that made only a few posts. Last posts were Jan or Feb or March or April! I don't think they will be sending blocks.

There is one person that has over 900 posts but the last post was Mar 31! Who knows what happened but I don't expect them to send blocks.

My estimate of 20 no shows might be a off, it may be many more than that.
    It is a problem with all swaps, there are flakes that sign up and disappear into the sunset.

Norbanna has her plans to swap out the blocks on the 28th so it is her decision alone that counts.

I hope that if someone who has posted frequently and kept in touch and their blocks do not arrive that she will make up a set for them as we all will have many, many blocks with our own name on them left over. I would make up a blank one and put their names on them to have it in my quilt.

Anyway there is still 10 days so no one should panic yet!
    :-D
    Old 06-17-2010, 10:50 AM

susiequilt, I think you have been involved in swaps a lot longer than several of us. You have a lot more information on them in general.

I think about some of the other swaps in which I am involved, and know that if people went by the number of times I posted a message on the board, I would be considered a 'flake'. But I have never missed getting my swap item to my partner(s). So maybe there won't be as many 'no shows' as you count. I hope that is the case.

NorBana, thank you for all you are doing to facilitate this swap. I think you need to have the final say in timing of things. Sorry I can't get out to Albany to help with the sorting. It should be fun! :thumbup:
    Old 06-17-2010, 10:58 AM

I tried really hard to get the 180 blocks done......I did get 110 done. They are in the mail and should arrive shortly!! :oops: :oops:
    If you do decide to move the date out, I would be happy to make some more. Please PM me with the decision, ok??

Thanks everyone for all of the hard work and effort! This will be so exciting to get all of these blocks. :shock: :shock: :shock:
    Old 06-17-2010, 11:58 AM

I ordered an embroidered block from Karenchi.
    http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-36647-93.htm
    Just like this one.
    It is here and it is gorgeous!
    Nice work :thumbup: karenchi :thumbup:
    Thank you so much.
    Now I am ready. I have lots of projects so whenever the siggy blocks come back is fine with me. I am willing to wait :lol:
    Old 06-17-2010, 12:20 PM

I wouldn't mind waiting for a week or two extra to give those who have had problems time to get caught up.. things happen and we all need a bit of extra time now and then. I'm flexible and will be happy no matter what! (but then I have sent in my blocks)... I would hate it though if I was just a day late and got all mine back..

I'll also vote in favor of those that are doing the work of sorting and shipping saying when it is too late to wait any longer.

I'm just glad I got to participate. I think something very special happened with this swap, I'm glad I was a part of it!
    Old 06-17-2010, 12:34 PM
    Google Goddess

Wow, I just counted and 77 haven't been received yet, but I see that some have posted in the mail.

This is a fun swap, please if you haven't sent your siggies in yet please do so. I mailed mine last Monday and she received them on Wednesday.

This will be great to see on next Wednesday how many more have been received.

I am so excited about this swap. This is my 1st swap!

Karen "Craftybear"
    Old 06-17-2010, 12:38 PM
    Google Goddess

I was reading on the board and came across this quilt that a member on here made with the siggies

How cool! Thanks for sharing!

Our siggie quilt is going to be awesome!

http://www.quiltingboard.com/t-49147-1.htm