• Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

• Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM

NO..................not really!!! :shock:
    I agree with you! :lol:
    Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM

Originally Posted by susiequilt
    Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    The activity page is up to date. I know for the ones we are missing there are only 1 or 2 that I know for certain are on their way, so there are going to be quite a few no-shows

Originally Posted by pvquilter
    Norbana:
    How many are we missing yet? Can't wait to get them and put together. Tahnk you for all your hard work. I am hosting a couple swaps. hope they turn out Ok..Do most people go thru with it when they sign up?
    That is such a shame that some people will do that to you.
    How much time does it take to pop in here and say sorry I can't finish so count me out? Even a private PM if they don't want to post would be welcome.
    I know a lot of the NO shows are posting to the board daily and there is no excuse for that.
    I used to run a lot of soap and body items swaps and finally had to get the return postage before they were officially signed up!
    That way if they dropped before the ending date they got their money back so they were better about letting you know.
    Just signing up and disappearing didn't happen! In all the years I ran the swaps I never got to keep any money! :cry:
    I did have a lot of drop outs but I wasn't waiting for them at the end.
    It looks like there are 43 - 3 hostesses so about 40 or if you know about three coming then say 37. 21% is way too many!

If I was doing the swapping I would put all the extra blocks in a big pile and mix them up. If I was due 37 extras I would randomly pull 37 out of the pile.
    I would much rather have two of 37 peoples blocks than 37 of my own back. I would use them before I would put 37 of my own in my quilt.
    I'm very sorry I was right about the flakes but it does happen especially with a large swap!
    I recommend never waiting more than a week for late people. Lots of people sign up and think they have all the time in the world then it's too late and they flake or keep the other 140 people waiting.
    I know in your case just getting a date that the three of you could get together was difficult.
    I appreciation all the aggravation you have to go through with this size swap and I thank you for your effort!
    :-D

Can you tell this is one of my pet peeves? :-D
    Why no...we never would have guessed!
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:17 AM
    Banned

I think it is shame also, because everyone that truly swaps is really excited and looks forward to it, makes all the blocks, then only land up with half or whatever. Why aren't people more reliable.
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:19 AM
    Banned

Oops, one more thing. I am hosting the Snowman and Santa swap and sure hope that doesn't happen. We have about 50 swappers in each one. What do you think I can expext for receiving blocks back? How can I remind them?
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:21 AM

Please check the activity list! If you have mailed and don't see a note that your blocks were received please let me know. I have two sets of blocks that I do not know the board name of the person that sent them, just their real name.

Everyone that has signed up for the swap and their blocks HAVEN'T been received has gotten a little reminder that the blocks MUST be to me by July 30th.

http://www.quiltingboard.com/group_a...acnum=25#13981
    Old 07-06-2010, 10:42 AM

Originally Posted by pvquilter
    I think it is shame also, because everyone that truly swaps is really excited and looks forward to it, makes all the blocks, then only land up with half or whatever. Why aren't people more reliable.
    Personally I think people sign up without even looking at a calendar. .......It's not due for three months? I can do that! Of course I'll be on vacation for a couple of weeks at the end but so what! ....I'm having surgery near the last week, won't matter. .... I'm already in 5 swaps, I am super women. ....I just joined the board? I want to do everything! .....
    I know there are always last minute true emergencies but if the blocks were done early it wouldn't matter. Throw them in the mail and take care of the emergency.

pvquilter: click on the names on your activity pages and see how many people haven't posted since they signed up. Even long time posters sometimes disappear. Death? Illness? Financial problems? Who knows but they are gone. Hopefully with a smaller group you won't have so many problems but you still will have flakes.
    PM them frequently as a reminder they signed up! If you never hear back that will tell you something.
    The really interested ones are here posting once in a while!
    Good luck with your swaps. I was tempted to join but no snowmen or snowflakes in Florida!
    :-D
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:03 AM

Keep up the good work ladies...I know you have a lot of sorting to do. Thanks again NorBanaquilts for hosting this swap, and you ladies for helping her out. My first...but not my last. Is this the largest swap you have hosted?
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:06 AM

So sorry to hear about the drop outs!

I'm in both the other swaps, snowman and santa, I hope they don't have a lot of drop outs too.

I appreciate all the stuff you ladies are going through to bring us these wonderful swaps.
    Lucinda
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:09 AM

I hope not to be considered a "flake" but I am definitely behind in sending in my blocks. I have one thing to finish and will get it done tonight or tomorrow night, then can focus on finishing the blocks for this swap. I absolutely positive want to do this swap, but from the comments here, I may not do a swap here again.
    Old 07-06-2010, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Quilter7x
    I hope not to be considered a "flake" but I am definitely behind in sending in my blocks. I have one thing to finish and will get it done tonight or tomorrow night, then can focus on finishing the blocks for this swap. I absolutely positive want to do this swap, but from the comments here, I may not do a swap here again.
    I really hope that doesn't deter you from joining another swap. We all have different opinions and different ways of expressing them. Some people are more direct and express what others just think. This is the first swap I've ever participated in, I joined it because it seemed pretty simple. Well, it was a little harder than I thought it would be, being a pretty new quilter! At times I got a little discouraged and didn't think I'd ever get enough done that would pass muster. I have to admit after reading some of the comments, I did send in a few that weren't perfect. Heck, who am I kidding? None of them were perfect! But I sent them anyway, and am very excited to get back however many I get. So I hope if anyone is holding back because they think they're blocks aren't "perfect" enough, that they go ahead and send them anyway. Last year, when I was even newer to this process, I bought a sign for my sewing room that says "Only God is perfect...our quilts don't need to be." Not that I need reminded that my quilts aren't perfect! But the reminder that only God is perfect is one I need every day in my life.