Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed >
  • Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

• Scrappy Siggie Block Swap-special note on pge 150- Closed

Old 05-04-2010, 12:48 PM

I still trying to figure out a fair system and I'm open to suggestions!
    Originally Posted by Karen
    Originally Posted by Ms Grace
    Originally Posted by sharon b
    BUT remember that not everyone is sending in blocks for all.... I will be making blocks for everyone though :lol:
    If some of us are sending a block for everyone, and some are only sending 12, how will they be divided up?

Will we be getting multiples of our own blocks returned to us? :?:
    That is really a good question..I was wondering the same thing. :?:
    Old 05-04-2010, 03:07 PM

Originally Posted by OrchidQuiltFish(OQF)
    Originally Posted by NorBanaquilts
    Here's the list of international swappers
    Australia
    Brazil
    Canada
    Japan
    Netherlands
    New Zealand
    Norway
    Puerto Rico
    UK
    **Virgin Islands**United States Virgin Islands-USVI
    Spain
    NorBanaquilts, :) :)

We are considered US because we are US territories. "United States Virgin Islands" (St. Croix-most Eastern Point in the US, St.Thomas, St. John and lots of other little islands in between).

We follow the US Constitition, and have United States Post Offices, Federal Court, Human Services, Food Stamps, etc., etc., etc.

:wink: ;) :wink:

Sorry to cut down on your international swappers list. :-(
    Yes, I do realize that the Virgin Islands are part of the US. But they are not considered a state so that's why I put it over in the other area, I was trying to get the 52 covered. The US has states and territories. Sorry if you got offended.
    Old 05-04-2010, 05:22 PM

This is my idea to distribute the blocks of the ones that are not making one for everyone. No matter how you do it, it will be a BIG, BIG job!

As the blocks come in, put the 'less then' full amount ones to the side. Record on their return envelope the number they sent. Put all the envelopes down with the return envelope under the envelope with the blocks in. Leave everyone's blocks in their envelope until you get ready to pass them out. If you do that you'll know exactly where you are if you have to stop.

I think I'd start distribution with the 'less than' full amount stacks. Take the first bunch of blocks, give one to the owner, then put one block down for each swapper as far as they go..(I think I may start with the full amount swappers when I did this part, that way you'll know when you've passed out all of the 'less than' blocks) Take the next envelope and put one on the owners stack and start putting those down where the last blocks stopped.. do the same with the next and the next.. as far as they go.

Once you've made the 'less than' blocks go as far as they will go, you start with the 'full amount' ones.. give each stack one, while watching how many the 'less than' stack gets. When they have the amound they sent in, put all the blocks in their return envelope and turn it face down.

If there are any blocks left over from a 'full amount' swapper put them into the return envelope of the owner. Continue picking up a 'full amount' envelope, giving everyone a block and putting the extras back in the owners return envelope.

I'd probably set the envelope of the ones I am currently handing out, out of line from the rest so I know where I am, and where the extras go.. Once you've gotten to the end of the line (HOURS later or perhaps days later) Everyone's blocks go into their return envelopes and seal them up! If they had extras, they should already be in their return envelope!

I think that would work.. all the full amounts would get one from each 'full amount' swapper and the 'less than' full amount swappers would get however many they sent in. Obviously not everyone will have a block from some people. Depending on how many 'less then' full amount swappers we have, we may or may not get one of their blocks.. I doubt anyone would get two.. just depends on how many of them there are.

Hope that's helpful.. if not, just disregard it.. If someone sends a better idea.. good deal.. use it! We have so many creative people that the best way to do this will come out sooner or later!!

I do think it would be a very good idea if everyone would put on the outside of their envelope the number of the blocks they sent.. That way you would be able to identify those with full amounts and those with less. Might make sorting easier.
    Old 05-04-2010, 05:22 PM

wow... that got long.. sorry...
    Old 05-04-2010, 05:44 PM

Long but clear Judie. I vote we do it that way. Makes sense to me.
    Old 05-04-2010, 06:19 PM
    Power Poster

Another way to do it , but I don''t know how it would work for the postage is

You will know how many people will be sending in .

take the envelopes that have the total number sent... start that many piles... seperate all of them out...

then take the partial ones , take the first one say it has 50, divide them out to the first 50 stacks, then take the next one that might have 12, start on the next pile that didn't get one of the first 50 , continue until that stack is gone and just keep going until they are all gone .

I know I don't mind if I some get mine and I don't get theirs :thumbup: This way some will get more then they send in. But again I don't know how it would work with the postage :?
    Old 05-04-2010, 06:30 PM

I would have to agree! The Judies' plan sounds really good!
    Old 05-04-2010, 09:17 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    Another way to do it , but I don''t know how it would work for the postage is

You will know how many people will be sending in .

take the envelopes that have the total number sent... start that many piles... seperate all of them out...

then take the partial ones , take the first one say it has 50, divide them out to the first 50 stacks, then take the next one that might have 12, start on the next pile that didn't get one of the first 50 , continue until that stack is gone and just keep going until they are all gone .

I know I don't mind if I some get mine and I don't get theirs :thumbup: This way some will get more then they send in. But again I don't know how it would work with the postage :?
    This one sounds good. I like the part of doing the partials last and working from beginning to end of package, then starting next package right then. (Sounded wierd!)
    Old 05-04-2010, 11:17 PM

Order a couple of pizzas and invite some high school kids over and have them do the work! :thumbup:
    Old 05-05-2010, 03:02 AM

I vote for a few noreasters meet at a 1/2 way point, I'll bring my blender, tequila, etc. Have a few margaritas and sort!!! :thumbup: :thumbup: