Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-12-2009, 07:30 PM

Round & round it goes. Who gets it nobody knows. Mailed my ss today. Don't you want to know who gets it.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:31 PM

Hey Trupeach :D I told Shadow to use tapioca.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
Tuesy...LOL.. hope they make it out of the box by the 13th LOL
I sure hope so too..I don't think what's in that box would sustain anyone for any length of time...
Old 11-12-2009, 07:32 PM

My poor SS recipient will have to endure 6 different mailings. Do you think she will like getting a 12 days of Christmas over the next 6 weeks?
Old 11-12-2009, 07:38 PM

Thanks for the heads up on the Tapioca pudding. My mother loves it! I will tell my sister to make her some (Wish I lived closer!!!) My mother needs fattening up. She only weighs 102 lbs!

Originally Posted by trupeach
Originally Posted by crkathleen
Shadow,
My thoughts and prayers are with you. My mother was rediagnosed with breast cancer (had her biospy done monday). The surgeon said she will have to go thru Chemo again. She has beat breast cancer 4 times. We assume she will lose her breast (one has been removed). She has swollen lymph nodes in her neck, armpit and groin. All the paperwork has been sent to her doctor today so we should hear something tomorrow.

I was told by a cancer researcher to take tumeric (curcumin). It helps fight cancer at the cellular level. I'm getting my sister to get some for my mother. I also cook with it to help prevent any problems that might happen to me or my huband.

Take care of yourself,
Kathleen

Eat Tapioca pudding, home made not store bought. The plant which tapioca comes from the cassava plant prevents and and controls the growth of cancer cells. I"M NOT KIDDING google health benefits of tapioca or tapioca and cancer.
Old 11-12-2009, 07:42 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by OdessaQuilts
Originally Posted by quiltncrazy
we shall be waiting! :mrgreen:
Well, Miss Mouse, wait no more ... I went to post ofc. and asked for my package.

And there it is, [the fake organ music swells and we hear that purposeful sound ..... dum-dum-duuuuuuuuuuuuuuummmmmmmmmmmmm!]

........ all 6" x 10" x 10" (approximately) of it .....

wrapped in brown paper ..........

my name and address printed neatly on both the front and back ......

[more organ music and the dreaded dum-dum-duuuuummmmmm again .....]

..... the box is marked "Handle with care" and "Do not open before Dec. 13" .....

ohhhhh, Miss Mouse, I really, really, really, really, REALLY want to open it!

Husband asked what is in the box? I said, "I don't know! But it's what I always wanted!" :wink: :lol:

Those bad people at the post office poked a little hole in the brown paper wrapping, and I can see something red (looks like it might be fabric, but can't be too sure, the hole is not big enough), and I can see the end of a small safety pin in it.

Oh, it is calling me: "O-DEEEEEEEEESSSS-AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" :shock: :shock: :shock:

"O-DEEEEEEEEESSSS-AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" :evil: :twisted:

[I laugh a little nervous laugh ... :lol: ... boxes aren't supposed to talk, are they?]

"O-DEEEEEEEEESSSS-AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!" :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Oh, my, how am I EVER going to wait a WHOLE MONTH before opening this??????? :shock:

Oh, this is going to make me crazy (and it is not much of a trip lately!)

Husband is no help ... keeps picking it up, gently shaking it "there is something hard in there, it knocks against the walls of the box!" He is terrible at keeping secrets.

I do know that my package came from CANADA, which is all I am prepared to say about the sender. Whomever this person is, and they know who they are, I can safely say that I thank them very much.

Help me, Mousie .... I don't know if I can weather this storm .....
You must immediately explain to hubby that this is a most precious of cargos and that he mustn't shake, rattle and roll this wonder.
After all, we wouldn't want fat quarters to get sick and !urp! on each other...
or if there is any goodies, we don't want them to be rolling on fabrics.
You won't look so pretty licking those fat quarters to make them
goody-free, in the pics your gonna get somebody to take of you,
for the board, right?
OOOO-DDDESS-AAA...you musn't be tempted!
You must be a good little swapper and be patient. Think of the big day...
you don't want to be sitting there with no surprise do you???
You have to muster all the strength you can.
We just have to pull together and help each other to be strong.
Shadow would want us to be strong, and Terri wants us to be strong...let's see if she can be a good example, lol...
or, will she be an enabling leader????
She is in a really tough spot!
This is gonna take a huge amount of strength.
I, for one, when I get weak, plan to jump into the nearest phone booth and dut dut dut dah! become MIGHTY MOUSIE!
able to leap over tall flowers...able to run faster than a turtle, AND...
strong enough to resist Secret Santa packages :lol:
Old 11-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Sent my package out today.

Looking forward to having mine to tempt me!

Jo
Old 11-12-2009, 07:43 PM

Ideas please? What is appropriate to get when you don't know ANYTHING about the person? No posts really by the person so I can't get any clues there.

What do you all get?? Quilt tools? Fabric? Patterns? Non-sewing stuff? Help please! I did some shopping today and I was just selecting odds and ends but I just don't know!!!
Old 11-12-2009, 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by pittsburgpam
Ideas please? What is appropriate to get when you don't know ANYTHING about the person? No posts really by the person so I can't get any clues there.

What do you all get?? Quilt tools? Fabric? Patterns? Non-sewing stuff? Help please! I did some shopping today and I was just selecting odds and ends but I just don't know!!!
Here's some ideas.. nothing that I bought... well maybe, but I'm not telling...

rulers
pin
pin cushion
seam guage
marking pens/pencils
batting
scissor leash
patterns for quilts
fabric

you can make something too, like coasters, little quilt./wall hanging, pretty much anything you like, they'll like .. at least I hope so and I'm pretty sure because we're all quilters...
Old 11-12-2009, 07:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tuesy
Originally Posted by tlrnhi
******REMINDER*******

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE make sure you PM me when you receive your package or when you send your package.
Posting it on the thread is nice, but your message could get lost in the massive amount of pages that are here.

Thanks!!!
Ok, so how do we know if we already knew that the package got to it's destination, but the person didn't say here in open public that they got their package, but if they PM you to let you know then how are we to know, you know what I mean?
say, HUH???? :lol:
Tuesy....that was a mouthful...and Mousie can sometimes get a mouthful.
She usually talks fast enough to keep it flowing so she doesn't get full...hee hee hee....
I agree...post on board, so we can all enjoy...and pm TERRI, everybody...
and not to be a bother-mouse, but please, please, I am not sure, from what I am reading, but when my package arrives to someone...oh, wait...you won't be able to post any info about where it came from...LOL...cause I am gonna get Jack Sparrow, my parrot buddy, to drop it by your house! If I can get him away from his sweetie, Magpie!
For those that don't visit diaries...that is Jack's gf.
They are twitterpated! :wink: