Secret Santa 2009

Old 11-25-2009, 06:59 AM

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
rofl - I heard a loud booming voice coming from my kitchen. I must be losing it!
LOL

We have a laundry chute in the house. We use it as an "intercom". Hubby will be on 3d floor in the bathroom or getting dressed. I'll be down on 1st floor doing something and will need him. I go into the laundry room and yell up to him. He hears me. lol

The other morning, our house guest was in the kitchen making coffee. I have a Keurig Maker...love that machine. Anyway...we have HUGE coffee mugs and just one push of the button will not fill the cup, so you push the large cup, then when it's done, push for small cup and it fills the mugs nicely. Well, our house guest heard this voice...if you want a full cup, just hit for small cup. I heard it too,,,I was in our bathroom on 3d floor, but it was my daughter talking down the chute to him from 2d floor. Poor guy was looking around trying to figure out where the voice was coming from. I got downstairs and asked him if he was hearing "voices from above". lol
Old 11-25-2009, 08:22 AM

We don't have three floors, but we do have a chute from the main floor to the basement. It's our fancy intercom system, too. :lol: (High-tech, don't you know!)
Old 11-25-2009, 08:23 AM

I have received my gift :D and I have sent my gift and I know the recipient has already received it!!!! :D I have been patiently waiting and waiting.... Is it time yet, :lol: :evil: :lol:
Old 11-25-2009, 09:12 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Iluv2quilt
Sure has been a lot of fun reading the exchanges here. Sounds like mousey and trupeach have really been enjoying this swap.

My package sits quietly on the highest shelf in my sewing room, not making a noise. Funny, but I am tempted and didn't think I would be. I keep thinking "it's gotta be wrapped".
well, Suzi, that is how it starts...you think,
"oh, it won't hurt to just slide one fingernail under this piece of tape...(slice)...
and then mindlessly another...and then another...
once it starts, you don't even know it's happening...
like shopping for fabric,
and one minute your cart is empty and then you look and :shock: "how did that happen? :shock: - :mrgreen: "

well, me and Skip, (Ducky's cousin that so sweetly offered to help me go find her, by giving me a ride), we flew all night, but finally made it home!
Peachy, if anybody else goes missing, it's your turn to go search, and I'll hold down the SS fort!
Just be sure and wear your long John's!
Been cooking away and doing quite well. Smells wonderful in here.
Thinking of Shadow and hoping and praying all is going super well. Hugs, Shadow, we all miss you! :D
I think my packages have declared a truce for the holiday. Can't wait to show them to grandbaby. She might spend the night Friday night, and we'll get to start planning for Christmas. I bet she asks if she can be here, when I open pressies for SS on the 13th. I love sharing these things with her. I gotta keep a future quilter primed :wink:
hmmm, think I need to get out some paper and find a little something to let her open too...maybe a little quilters sewing box with goodies? :mrgreen: woo hoo, what a great idea :D
Old 11-25-2009, 12:24 PM

Oh that sounds like a wonderful plan! :mrgreen:
Old 11-25-2009, 01:31 PM

But who's counting - right billswife99??? lol
Old 11-25-2009, 01:54 PM

I'm keeping thoughts of Shadow in my heart.
We miss you Shadow Dancer! Hope you are doing well. :-)
Old 11-25-2009, 02:02 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

the belt on my vacuum cleaner broke a few days ago and I had to order a new belt. I have been waiting for it I don't have a back up, there is thread and typical quilting stuff all over the floor in my living/dining room. The house looks a mess. The mailman was late getting here today and he left a box at my door. Thank God I could clean this mess or so I thought. It wasn't my the vacuum belt but...............a box from you guessed it Santa. OH NO...............now my house will be a mess and so will I what is in it. The return addy and the post mark is different states. I walked up the stairs and out from the corner of the living jumps Herman DeBox there was all hugging and kissing. It is as if this new present came for Thanksgiving. It think it's Hermans cousin, there is a strong family resembalance. I put them together and they are fine, just sitting there talking away catching up on things. It is so nice that Herman is FINALLY calm. NOW the mystery begins who sent it????????????
Old 11-25-2009, 03:46 PM

You guys are making me nervous! I don't have my SS yet. Hope he does'nt forget me. I sent my SS already!
Old 11-25-2009, 03:56 PM
Power Poster

I haven't seen where mine got to it's destination, hope it arrived alright :D
mine is still on top of the refrigerator where I can't reach it.