Secret Santa 2009

Old 12-08-2009, 10:28 AM

Oh, Peach, it never rains but it pours, eh? I'm so sorry your son had his accident, but cars can be replaced. He cannot. I will hold you in my prayers that all is well for you and your family. Take a deep breath ... all will be well!

Odessa
Old 12-08-2009, 10:48 AM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by STAR
Ok my SS was SO nice and sent me a second little package!! But I was SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO mad!! :evil: :evil: The poor little box was VIOLATED by the PO!! they opened it up and taped it back together with a letter on the outside stating that my pkg was open for inspection!!!!!!!!! So they looked through MY present and then taped it up all crazy!! Did anyone else get this!!

Well when I got home from school I showed DH and he couldn't believe it!! so looking closer there was a gap in the taping! so luckily my pkg didn't get wet or it would have been soaked through! Dh decided to open it up to check, he was very upset because he knew that my SS wouldn't just SHOVE all the stuff inside the box. Inside was another letter about the contents being looked through!He was sure that when it was sent that is was carefully wrapped with kindness just for me!!!! Sorry SS :-( he did keep the note from me so I still don't know who it is from!!! I got a small nativity candle holder wrapped in X-mas fabric that was all crumpled up :evil: but anyway I loved my gift and just glad that it was not broken or I would have went crazy :shock:

SS- so sorry I opened, well DH opened :wink:
I am sure you SS took the time to have everything picture perfect for you. My post office is the worst, I have had envelopes opened, what are they looking for amthrex ( that's spelled wrong) ????? I am talking regular letter size envelopes, nothing big or bulky. Just a plain envelope with a note in it. Now how crazy is that?????
Old 12-08-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by STAR
Ok my SS was SO nice and sent me a second little package!! But I was SSSSSSSSSOOOOOOO mad!! :evil: :evil: The poor little box was VIOLATED by the PO!! they opened it up and taped it back together with a letter on the outside stating that my pkg was open for inspection!!!!!!!!! So they looked through MY present and then taped it up all crazy!! Did anyone else get this!!

Well when I got home from school I showed DH and he couldn't believe it!! so looking closer there was a gap in the taping! so luckily my pkg didn't get wet or it would have been soaked through! Dh decided to open it up to check, he was very upset because he knew that my SS wouldn't just SHOVE all the stuff inside the box. Inside was another letter about the contents being looked through!He was sure that when it was sent that is was carefully wrapped with kindness just for me!!!! Sorry SS :-( he did keep the note from me so I still don't know who it is from!!! I got a small nativity candle holder wrapped in X-mas fabric that was all crumpled up :evil: but anyway I loved my gift and just glad that it was not broken or I would have went crazy :shock:

SS- so sorry I opened, well DH opened :wink:
Oh, Star, how fiendish of the Post Office! :twisted: It is this kind of thing that gives them a bad name. HOW DARE THEY????? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

So nice to know that there are hubbies out there who understand and love our quilting habits so much to be concerned and opened your "inspected" package to insure all was okay. :thumbup: He's a keeper.

I think that anyone whose post office did this should be called on the carpet! I'd take that box first to your carrier and chew him/her out for it! Then go on up the ladder as far as you can go.

I think that, all things considered, the Post Office does a fine job, but somewhere along the line, they need to get their heads out of their collective butts. I can understand if it was ticking, but COME ON! Have some consideration for the recipients. Star, are you a terrorist? Do you belong to any subversive groups? Did your carrier see you get literature from the Michigan Militia? If so, I can see a little concern. But to open a gift FROM SANTA, :twisted: well, :twisted: there is JUST NO EXCUSE!!! :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

hOORAY FOR HUBBY! :XD: :thumbup: :lol:
Old 12-08-2009, 11:31 AM

I can understand the need for random inspections, but to not respect the merchandise and cram it back in is inexcusable! I would have taken a picture of the contents and carried it to the post master himself!! :evil:
Old 12-08-2009, 03:56 PM

I happy that my package arrived here when it did. If it were trying to get here now, it may not have made it. (IMWO)...It started snowing some yesterday...but then it started snowing again overnight and really hasn't stopped yet. We are supposed to get 10 inches or more by Wednesday evening. Then with the winds picking up....8 to 10 foot drifts :( Oh well...deserved here at my house anyway....
Old 12-08-2009, 04:04 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by billswife99
I can understand the need for random inspections, but to not respect the merchandise and cram it back in is inexcusable! I would have taken a picture of the contents and carried it to the post master himself!! :evil:
I agree with this...the inspection...don't like it, but yeah...okay..I see the need...especially if it had the same addy for the sending and return..(that freaks out my PO lady)..but then to just cram the stuff in...thats just not right..lucky that it wasnt' broken or lost...! They get on Santa's naughty list for sure!!!!
Old 12-08-2009, 04:23 PM
Power Poster

Welcome back Jerrie.

Terri you got some really nice things from your elf/elves but I love the shirt the best! Good job elf!
Old 12-08-2009, 05:03 PM
Power Poster

naughty postal workers!
we need some christmas beer...uh...oh, hmmm, meant cheer...CHEER!:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dashing thru the snow,
Secret Santa gifts on the way,
Coming from who knows where,
Laughing all the way! :lol:

Bells on Bob's tail ring (whose Bob? :mrgreen: )
Making spirits bright,
Oh what fun to laugh and sing,
Secret Santa songs tonight!

Oh, jingle bells, shotgun shells,
Santa's been munching down,
Need to get those goodies out,
And spread cheer all over town...(and then some)

jingle bells, gifts wrapped well,
Santa's helpers worked so hard,
Gifts floating round all over town,
Can't wait to see the card! :XD:
Old 12-08-2009, 05:16 PM

so far I have gotten 3 packages....all from different addresses....not sure what is up with that...great way to confuse :(
Old 12-08-2009, 05:50 PM

No fair Tigger, you're getting a white Christmas and 3 packages....move over cause I'm moving in with you!!!

Can't believe the postal workers have no respect for Santa....guess they will only get coal or sticks in their stockins this year....hah...take that post man.

Mousie, your songs are fabulous. You go girl!

Peach, still praying for you babe. Hugs to you.