Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-12-2009, 02:16 PM
Power Poster

Boy QnC....makes me wonder what you think of when you think of me...now I know...SKUNKS! Thats sooommme compliment I'll tell ya' :roll: Now I'm not even gonna say what I think of when I think little mousie....maybe Karla will send you a mini...road apple....oh..I have some of those..I might just send ya' one, along with that skunk :wink:

And do leave poor Ducky out of this with her tail feathers that can now be under water...I really really like her face better than the "southern" end of her!
Old 10-12-2009, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by Baren*eh*ked_canadian
Originally Posted by beachlady
Shadow please pm me your addy - you deserve something too!!!

I agree, PM me your address. It might not be a secret, but you can open something from santa with the rest of us :)

Thank you both, but I get more than anyone could imagine seeing you all enjoying the swap. :) Think of it as my Christmas present to you all. :)

S.D.
Old 10-12-2009, 03:32 PM

you know, I thought of just putting my address, no name for return address, but I don't remember how the customs forms work, do they actually have a name on them? It's not really a problem if it stays in the country, but if it goes out of the country I can't remember if we have to put a name on the customs form...
I guess it's a moot point, since I'm still the only person in Montreal, lol. Oh well, the best surprise is the gift inside, right. I guess I could try and not look at where the package originated from.
Never mind about putting name on the customs form.
You have to list everything inside the package. So much for surprises! I always try to rip the customs sticker off gifts that come from my American family without looking. Really. :mrgreen:
Old 10-12-2009, 05:49 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sharon b
When I send mine out I use another address and the name is Secret Santa, so that when it is received they don't open it :lol:
What a great idea, sharon! thank you!
I will have to ask at the post office about the name, if I do get somebody outside U.S., but I agree, even if somebody knows who their Santa is...they still don't have a clue, what's inside!
There are so many things it could be...sand, oranges, pebbles, skunk... :wink:
Old 10-12-2009, 05:51 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by mimisharon
Originally Posted by sharon b
When I send mine out I use another address and the name is Secret Santa, so that when it is received they don't open it :lol:
I use Secret Santa as my name on the return address, also. In thinking about it now, why couldn't we use the recipients address as the return, post marks always run or are only partially printed.

I don't know, got to think on this some more, I guess. It's been so much fun and now that we have so many folks from so many of the same areas I don't think it will be as easy as it was the first year to figure out who the SS is...maybe?

Hugs to y'all!
This is a great idea, too. the whole idea is, if there is a problem with the postal service, that they have an address to deliver to.
So, their machine reads return address, and it is still the recipient.
I am putting tracking on my package :!:
Old 10-12-2009, 05:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by sandpat
Boy QnC....makes me wonder what you think of when you think of me...now I know...SKUNKS! Thats sooommme compliment I'll tell ya' :roll: Now I'm not even gonna say what I think of when I think little mousie....maybe Karla will send you a mini...road apple....oh..I have some of those..I might just send ya' one, along with that skunk :wink:

And do leave poor Ducky out of this with her tail feathers that can now be under water...I really really like her face better than the "southern" end of her!
Actually, Patti, I did think of chickens and horses, when I thought of you....but gotta love that skunk story! :wink:
Old 10-12-2009, 05:56 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by b.zang
you know, I thought of just putting my address, no name for return address, but I don't remember how the customs forms work, do they actually have a name on them? It's not really a problem if it stays in the country, but if it goes out of the country I can't remember if we have to put a name on the customs form...
I guess it's a moot point, since I'm still the only person in Montreal, lol. Oh well, the best surprise is the gift inside, right. I guess I could try and not look at where the package originated from.
Never mind about putting name on the customs form.
You have to list everything inside the package. So much for surprises! I always try to rip the customs sticker off gifts that come from my American family without looking. Really. :mrgreen:
You mean, there will be a list attached to the outside of the package, when it arrives? for real?
well, I am gonna have to come up with a 'fake' list then! :?
FAKE LIST: fabrics, goodies, notions
REAL CONTENTS: sand, pebbles, 1 skunk, horse apples, lol!!! :lol:
Old 10-12-2009, 06:17 PM

When I send out gifties that I don't want the person to know right away who it came from, I use their addy for return address.
A bit hard for me to do here on Guam since I have to fill out the Customs Form, but what the heck.......

If you are really wanting to confuse your person, you can send the package to someone else (with the money for postage of course) and have them send it out again from their location.
Old 10-12-2009, 06:21 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

I have made up addy's for a return address but terri you are a sneaky one I like your way better
Old 10-12-2009, 06:26 PM

Most of the time, you can ask for a "hand stamp" on the package. If you have a GOOD postmaster, you can ask them to smudge the ink a bit so you really can't read the writing.