Secret Santa 2009

Old 10-13-2009, 12:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh Shadow I hope you will post instructions again when you let us know who our partner is.

I am so confused right now! :lol:
Old 10-13-2009, 04:33 PM

me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Originally Posted by crkathleen
I love fabric and chocolate. I dislike dusting and cleaning the bathroom. so anything in love department works for me! :lol:
Old 10-13-2009, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by sewnsewer2
Oh Shadow I hope you will post instructions again when you let us know who our partner is.

Let me see if I can unconfuse you.
Shadow will contact you by PM to let you know who you are sending to. (the person you send to IS NOT the person that is sending back to you).
All packages must be mailed by Nov 14th. That has to be a HARD deadline because of the mail. Sometimes it's slow, other times, it's really quick. When you receive your package. Just let it sit and DO NOT OPEN until Dec 13th when everyone is in chat. If you are on dial-up and cannot chat, that's ok. Just wait until the time that everyone will be in chat and open. There will be a thread posted for everyone to post pics of their goodies and to publicly thank their SS.
IF you have not yet received a PM from Shadow with a person, that means you DO NOT have someone overseas. Don't fret.....Shadow is doing the best she can. She has over 100 names to put out, so this will take her a bit of time.
Are you unconfused now??
Old 10-13-2009, 05:15 PM

shadow dancer how many do we have now
Old 10-13-2009, 07:22 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Shadow will contact you by PM to let you know who you are sending to. (the person you send to IS NOT the person that is sending back to you).
All packages must be mailed by Nov 14th. That has to be a HARD deadline because of the mail. Sometimes it's slow, other times, it's really quick. When you receive your package. Just let it sit and DO NOT OPEN until Dec 13th when everyone is in chat. If you are on dial-up and cannot chat, that's ok. Just wait until the time that everyone will be in chat and open. There will be a thread posted for everyone to post pics of their goodies and to publicly thank their SS.

IF you have not yet received a PM from Shadow with a person, that means you DO NOT have someone overseas. Don't fret.....Shadow is doing the best she can. She has over 100 names to put out, so this will take her a bit of time.
Are you unconfused now??

Thanks Teri, I got it now but have another question...

what are we supposed to send, I forgot. Is it 5 fats and a gift and anything else we want to include?
Old 10-13-2009, 07:24 PM

gO BACK & CHECK PAGE ONE. i THINK IT IS 5 FAT QUARTERS & A SMALL GIFT.
Old 10-13-2009, 07:25 PM
Power Poster

5 fat quarters and a gift valued at $20.00. Sometimes the person you are buying for will say what type of fat quarters they want , other times it is any kind :lol:
Old 10-13-2009, 08:19 PM

In another group we all used the leaders address so if something went wrong she got the package and let us know. And we send whatever was needed to correct it. If you have one address wrong you don't want the same address for sender so it will also go to dead mail room.

Almost have everything for my package to go out.

Old 10-13-2009, 09:13 PM
Banned

Location: lost in fabric & I'm not coming out until Secret Quilt Angel is over.

Originally Posted by tlrnhi

Are you unconfused now??

Yes I am confused about the do not open part, I thought you and I and only you and I were allowed to open them when they arrive.
Old 10-13-2009, 09:31 PM

Okay, all International people have been sent a PM with the information for their person. The participants who are sending overseas have also been sent a PM with their person's info.

Parcels are to be in the mail by November 14th, this is a hard deadline to ensure all participants receive their Secret Santa package for the December 13th chat. International participants can mail anytime from now to November 14th.

This is the 3rd Secret Santa swap and aside from one glitch last year, all parcels were received and none were lost or sent to dead mail. I can understand some swaps having everything sent to the person running the swap, but I have 121 people participating and my post office would probably lynch me if all those parcels started arriving to me! LOL

This way has worked in the past and I have all the faith in the world that it will work again this year. :)

Now you all know the one rule that is not to be broken ever... and that rule is...

Have Fun!!!

I will send out the remaining PMs on October 24th. :)

S.D.