Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012 >
  • Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

• Secret santa 2012-Sign-ups closed-HELP ME!!!!! 10/27/2012

Old 10-04-2012, 03:10 PM

Originally Posted by ArizonaKAT
    If you're from the south and live with both a cat and dog, please give more details. I've been searching through posts for 3 days now. "I like everything" doesn't help.

REMEMBER: I'm from Arizona, everything might mean something different to me :-)
    OK I stand corrected (was never good at geography)

If you're from the MID WEST and live with both a cat and dog, please give more details. I've been searching through posts for 3 days now. "I like everything" doesn't help.

REMEMBER: I'm from Arizona, everything might mean something different to me :-)
    Old 10-04-2012, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by annthreecats
    I found this cute embroidery on ebay and had to have it. I haven't decided what to do with it yet, but I'm working on it.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]367526[/ATTACH]
    That's adorable!!!
    Old 10-04-2012, 03:42 PM

I popped out at lunch and was able to find a few things for my SS gift. I also found the things I need to make one of the gifts.

A good start.

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada, I will be working on the project as well as visiting a couple LQS to find some extras to include in the package.

A question for those who have participated in the past, do you usually wrap each gift individually in the box? My mil loves to have every little thing wrapped on its own.
    Old 10-04-2012, 03:54 PM

Originally Posted by Tothill
    I popped out at lunch and was able to find a few things for my SS gift. I also found the things I need to make one of the gifts.

A good start.

This weekend is a long weekend in Canada, I will be working on the project as well as visiting a couple LQS to find some extras to include in the package.

A question for those who have participated in the past, do you usually wrap each gift individually in the box? My mil loves to have every little thing wrapped on its own.
    definately wrap each thing separate...LOL...
    we call it cruel and unusually funny punishment...ROFLOL
    Old 10-04-2012, 04:33 PM

OK, I started shopping today! I went to Tuesday Morning and found something(s) for the box. If you've never looked there, sometimes there's notions and precut fabrics, and often quilting books in the book section. Often nice cookbooks too. Never know what you'll find! I know most of what else I'm going to put in the box, but hope to find some nice fat quarters during a shop hop in two weeks. My person lives in a lovely part of the country. I've visited her state, but at the other end, never been in her neck of the woods.
    Old 10-04-2012, 04:57 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tink's Mom
    LOL...Beware if Sharon gives you a box with air holes...it is the neighbor's always barking dog.
    Sharon, you can't put that dog into your Secret Santa box...besides...it might eat the chocolate and you know that isn't good for a dog.
    Well I guess that is one way to get rid of the barking dog hhhmmm hadn't thought about it before , thanks for mentioning it

As for my stash.... Step away from my stash ..... step away .... and no one gets hurt
    Old 10-04-2012, 05:02 PM

Originally Posted by sharon b
    Well I guess that is one way to get rid of the barking dog hhhmmm hadn't thought about it before , thanks for mentioning it

As for my stash.... Step away from my stash ..... step away .... and no one gets hurt

well I don't think we're skeered of you...
    can't watch 24/7
    Mwhahahahhahahahahahahah
    Old 10-04-2012, 05:37 PM

I am another who didn't give out much info for SS swap or in my profile. I live with a wonderful man. I have a full time job plus we are raising our 3-1/2 year old granddaughter, Cienna. I am hoping for her to be a future sewer/quilter. She is always into my things and trying to help. She is my favorite critic! She thinks all that her mammie does is beautiful.

I am new to quilting. I am currently working on the embroidery work on my crazy quilt which I made from clothing that belonged to my mother, plus clothing from my daughter and granddaughter... memory quilt. This will be the first quilt I have ever made. Am also in process of making my first table runner. I plan to learn to hand quilt when the quilting time gets here.
    I like colors from the entire color spectrum. I like both traditional and contemporary styles of quilts. I have fallen in love with redwork and applique so they are on my "bucket list". Think I am probably like all other quilters when they first start...amazed by all things "quilty".
    I honestly do not have any dislikes. I, too, shop at thrift stores so am not offended by receiving items pre-loved by others.

I will be pleased with whatever I receive. The idea that a total stranger will put thought and time into creating a package for me is a gift in itself.
    Old 10-04-2012, 05:59 PM

My secret santa lives in a state where there are beaches, sharks, amusement parks, alligators, and lots of sunshine! also one of my favorites.. manatees! Sounds like where I am from...hmmm.

cuppy
    Old 10-04-2012, 06:55 PM

I get stuck in the hospital for 24 hours and took me forever to catch up!! Snickerdoodles work for me in my package!! My favorite cookie to make at the holidays are venetians..
    Word of warning..depending on how long the box with holes is in transit, you may want to open it outside...One snifff will tell you!!
    Of course I stopped to do a little SS shopping on the way home from the hospital!!