Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016 >
  • Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

• Secret Santa Sign-ups 2016

Old 11-29-2016, 06:49 PM

Sending up prayers for a speedy recovery and complete healing Quilty-Louise huggs
    Old 11-29-2016, 07:18 PM

I like white lights so they don't distract from the eclectic assortment of ornaments. My favorite ornaments-all of them!! Prayers for those of you who have been ill and those that are still working their way back to good health. May the holidays rejuvenate all. Also for Terri's doggie...keep us posted!
    Old 11-29-2016, 08:28 PM

I really hope those of you having health issues start to heal quickly. Sounds like some scary times for a few of you and your families!
    Old 11-29-2016, 08:33 PM

Our tree always looks like Christmas vomited all over it. We have ornaments from when I was a kid, and many ornaments that my son made growing up. The tree topper is usually an angle made from a coloring book page wrapped around a toilet paper tube. He made it at the baby sitter's when he was around 4-years-old, and wanted to use it. We've pretty much used it since. I put it away in something else so it doesn't get crushed.

I think well put together trees look very pretty, but I wouldn't trade our eclectic/messy ones for any of them.

I don't have a favorite ornament, but I have many cherished ones Handmade by the kiddo, crocheted by a relative, or brought home from a foreign country.
    Old 11-30-2016, 12:13 AM

Thoughts and prayers for you Quilty-Louise that you will recover soon.

Our tree is what we call a Hodge-Podge, it is a hodge podge of everything, ornaments from when I was a kid, stuff the girls have made since pre-school (the cotton-ball snowman is starting to show his age now), ornaments from swaps, ornaments from places we've been on holidays and I try to buy a Swarozski crystal ornament each year. It never looks as beautiful as the magazines or pictures that I see but it holds a lot of memories and my two girls love the stories we remember when we're hanging each ornament.
    LindaC
    Old 11-30-2016, 05:29 AM

Speedy recovery Quilty L.

Sleepy.....OMG......ROFL
    Originally Posted by Sleepy Hollow
    Our tree always looks like Christmas vomited all over it. .
    All our trees looked like that when the kids were small. I used to sigh wishing I could have the perfect looking trees I used to see in the magazines. Once the kids were grown I've had those "Pretty" trees. A few years ago I dragged out all the handmade ornaments, the gorpy décor the kids loved at the time and had to have, and the colored lights (since I had switched to all white for years). I had ornaments I had as a young bride on there....and it was the BEST Christmas tree I could have ever wished for. Each one of the ornaments told a story. The kids were flabbergasted I would have saved them. It brought back some fun memories and great conversation starters, too.

Not sure.....but there is a place and a time and a "look" for that perfect tree. And sometimes perfection looks like vomit
    Old 11-30-2016, 07:37 AM

Still on the bench here but I am a long long way away! What is the opening date..... the 10th??????

Hugs

Caroline
    Old 11-30-2016, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by CarolinePaj
    Still on the bench here but I am a long long way away! What is the opening date..... the 10th??????

Hugs

Caroline
    The 11th between 3 and 6 EST
    Old 11-30-2016, 11:54 AM

I just have to add that when our children were younger & at home they always said that our Christmas tree looked like the Dime Store Blew up!! Oh they thought that was so funny & I cherish those memories too.

To all who have been sick & under the weather, I pray for speedy recoveries & Happy Holiday's.

That also includes Belly Belle. Terri, Prayers for a good diagnosis today.

Last edited by SulaBug; 11-30-2016 at 11:56 AM.
    Old 11-30-2016, 01:45 PM

my oldest daughter loved Xmas. she would do a different theme on her Xmas tree every yer. one year it was peacock feathers, blue and purple lights and garlands. In 2004, she spent weeks going to various thrift stores to find a white Xmas tree. All decorations were gold. she served dinner on white plates set on gold chargers on a gold table cloth. she was dress in white pants with white turtleneck sweater with a gold chain round her neck. I have a picture of her in that outfit wearing the biggest smile. It was her last Xmas with her as she passed in August 2005