Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

• Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 11-27-2014, 11:43 AM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by PenniF
    ....and if saying grace or lifting glasses in a toast is part of your tradition....please don't forget to "mention" our service men and women near and far.
    Thank you for this good reminder! We have awesome defenders who are away from their families today, in service to our country.
    Old 11-27-2014, 01:07 PM

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone. Thankful for this board and all my virtual friends, helpers and Secret Santas!
    Old 11-27-2014, 03:30 PM

HOPPY HOPPY THANKSGIVING to all! I finished up the Thanksgiving meal, put it all away and then Sewed and Sewed and Sewed!!! While DH snored in the recliner! LOL! Im getting ready for the Bonnie Hunter Winter mystey, Grand Illusion! Yipee , a distraction from the screaming SSbox!! Sulabug, I think you need a distraction too!
    Old 11-27-2014, 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by Judylee2
    HOPPY HOPPY THANKSGIVING to all! I finished up the Thanksgiving meal, put it all away and then Sewed and Sewed and Sewed!!! While DH snored in the recliner! LOL! Im getting ready for the Bonnie Hunter Winter mystey, Grand Illusion! Yipee , a distraction from the screaming SSbox!! Sulabug, I think you need a distraction too!
    Judy...........YES, I do need a distraction from hearing my Secret Santa box taunt & tease me!! I would love to participate in the Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quit project, but I have a feeling that we may have just sold our house. If that is true, I am going to have a lot of packing to do & soon. But Thank You for thinking of me though.

HAPPY THANKSGVING to Everyone!!
    Old 11-28-2014, 06:16 AM

December 7th will never get here. My packages are taunting me every time I walk into my sewing room.

By the way, did anyone go brown Thursday shopping. I went to Walmart to get an IPad and the beats pill. Crazy crazy. I don't know if saving a little is worth the aggravation of the crowds.
    Old 11-28-2014, 06:48 AM

Good morning everyone and happy holidays! No black friday for me unless you want to count in online shopping. I am doing that! Just can't make it around the crowds anymore. I did buy a gift for myself. I have wanted to make socks for myself so finally bought a Craftsy class for knitting socks. I have the yarn needed and the needles. If I can finally learn then I hope to make at least a couple pair for my daughters. Next year I will make a pair to put into my SS package.
    Yesterday was a great day. We had Thanksgiving at my youngest daughter's house (just a block away) for dinner. She sent us home with left overs for another dinner tonight. I didn't have to do a bunch of cooking, I spent most of the day kitting up blocks for a Jacob's Ladder swap, plus enough blocks for myself. I should have plenty of time to finish up in time for the Boom 14 swap.
    I am so thankful for this board and for those serving in the military, past and present.
    Thanks for letting me "jabber" on here. Be safe.
    Old 11-28-2014, 09:41 AM

Sunrise, Which class did you get? Toe up, cuff down, or the other one? I did the Toe up and found it very helpful.

Every one have fun shopping if you go, I didn't need anything but a set of sheets, so picked up some gift cards at target with the extra 10% they are giving on the cards. Rarely do the black Friday madness, if I need to get anything today I wait until 11am then go no crowds. I have today off of work so after a doctors appointment then it's Crafting time.
    Old 11-28-2014, 09:58 AM
    Power Poster

I'm boycotting any store that made their employees come in to work on Thanksgiving. Won't shop there all weekend... That is pure greed, the opposite of "Thanksgiving", where we are thankful for what we already have.

My daughter and I may go out for a while this afternoon, once all the crazies have gotten tired and gone home! The same stuff is going to be in the stores on sale all weekend, so why lose your sleep?
    Old 11-28-2014, 11:47 AM

Originally Posted by Dedemac
    Sunrise, Which class did you get? Toe up, cuff down, or the other one? I did the Toe up and found it very helpful.
    I am taking the other one, the one for beginners. DH bought me the toe up class so that is what I will take next.
    Old 11-28-2014, 02:52 PM

well here it is --Black Friday. no shopping hee--cant stand the crowds. the one time i did go was the year Furbies was the "absolute toy of the year". My oldest granddaughter wanted one for Xmas . I found a Walmart ad in the paper on Wednesday night and called to make sure they still had some in stock . i was told the toy would not go on sale til 6am on Black Friday and there was limit of one ot s customer.. so my daughter and I got up early that day and headed to the store--her to get one for her daughtr (the oldest granddaughter) and me to get one for 2nd granddaughter (they are 8 months apart and usually got same thing for both of them). we arrived at Walmart at 5 minutes to 6am and much to our dismay found thet the store had put the FURbies on sale early and they were all gone and no rainchecks allowed. My daughter threw a fit and marched to the customer service desk and demanded rainchecks for both of us. Poor clerk kept telling her that policy of no rainchecks. daughter insisted on seeing the manager and told him he would D--N well give us rainchecks or she would call every newspaper and tv station in town to let them know how Walmart was cheating its customers. The manager immediately gave us rainhecks and we dd get the Furbies in time for their Easter baskets.

Had a pretty good Thanksgiving with son Troy's family although my son Adam's girlfriend Shayla was unableto join us as she ended up in the hospital on Wednesday evening having appendectomy. She is doing fine--was released late on Thanksgiving Day and other than being in pain ( which is expected) she will be enjoying the 2 weeks enforced vacation.
    I finished the Grandpa quilt this morning so will be ableto get it mailed off next week. the x-stitch band for the tote is slowly being completed--if i could count,i think it could have been done by now since I have been tearing out almost as much as i complete. The pillowcases will soon be done also--they have been put on back burner so that Shayla doesnt see them before Xmas as they are her gift. Found a book on duct tape projects to make for the one granddaughter--still have to find something for her younger sister. And then there are the guys to get for?????