Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

• Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 09-30-2014, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
    Anybody sewn up any fun projects for the giftee packages yet? Pin cushion? Organizer? Table runner? Pot holders??
    Haven't started sewing as I want to pick out fabric just for them (as my luck is usually soon as I pick a print myself it will be a color/pattern they say that they hate!) but I begged the pattern off of mamaskeeto that she made me for my birthday this last year Also bought my big gift, at the Round Bobbin expo a few weeks ago. It is something ANY quilter should love and I hope my santee doesn't have!
    Old 09-30-2014, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mariposa
    Anybody sewn up any fun projects for the giftee packages yet? Pin cushion? Organizer? Table runner? Pot holders??
    I'm waiting to find out favorite colors.
    Old 09-30-2014, 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by djmat
    Neesie, I will have nightmares tonight with that snake picture puncturing my brain cells. You are very brave!
    Nah! No bravery involved, here. My hubby and I chased the snake off of the house and back to the creek, with a very long hose. It slithered away peacefully.
    Old 09-30-2014, 06:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dedemac
    What are you making me .
    Bwahahahahahahahahaaaaa!!!!
    Old 09-30-2014, 07:15 PM

I started making some little things in July --- they were running "Christmas in July" movies on the Hallmark channel and it got me in the mood.....plus i've got lots to sew this year before Christmas so wanted to get a head start...been holding off doing more til i get my SS likes.
    Neesie.....just checking .... but snakey stuff doesn't qualify as "unique" right???.....oh but wait - if i got a SS from the frozen north, one of those snakes that goes at the bottom of the door to keep the drafts out would be nice, right??.....hmmmmmm.....
    Old 09-30-2014, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by PenniF
    I started making some little things in July --- they were running "Christmas in July" movies on the Hallmark channel and it got me in the mood.....plus i've got lots to sew this year before Christmas so wanted to get a head start...been holding off doing more til i get my SS likes.
    Neesie.....just checking .... but snakey stuff doesn't qualify as "unique" right???.....oh but wait - if i got a SS from the frozen north, one of those snakes that goes at the bottom of the door to keep the drafts out would be nice, right??.....hmmmmmm.....
    Well, I suppose you could stretch out a snake and then freeze him, to put along the bottom of the door. Wonder how long it'd take for him to thaw . . . .
    Old 09-30-2014, 07:33 PM

I'll be working on getting names out tomorrow.
    Old 09-30-2014, 07:46 PM

Is anyone else nervous? My first secret Santa and I really don't want to disappoint.....
    Old 09-30-2014, 07:55 PM

May I'll get Neesie this year and I can use up my "scratch and sniff" stickers on the outside of the box to throw her off what might be in the parcel.
    Old 10-01-2014, 12:17 AM

Originally Posted by tlrnhi
    I'll be working on getting names out tomorrow.
    Yippee!!

quiltingdragon, that certainly sounds intriguing! Never heard of the Round Bobbin expo; I'll have to look that up.

SheriR, welcome to the SS! Don't be nervous. Your Santee is sure to love what you send. Once you get your profile from Terri, you'll have a better idea what they like. Beyond that I always figure that if I like it or need it, chances are good that they will too. Just have fun, and if your nerves get the better of you -- jump in the hole with us where there's always chocolate, wine, and a splash of coconut rum for your coffee!