Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!!  Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd >
  • Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

• Secret Santa -Signups Closed!!! Remember To PM Me Mailing Info When Sent/Rec'd

Old 10-09-2014, 05:41 PM

I had no idea the Secret Santa would be so much fun! Didn't realize it would take on a life of its own on the board - that is so great. Have my name and started up my box today. I will have to save this thread so I don't miss any of the conversations. I love mug rugs, and I did my first (and last, let me tell you!) paper piecing project a few months ago to make a mug rug for a friend. Thought I might try it again since I also signed up for the mug rug swap - but tossed that idea - paper piecing is not my idea of relaxing. I love machine embroidery and I am hoping to do a little gift that is a combination of quilting and embroidery for my "giftee".

Since I don't actually know anyone on the board, how do you all do "research" on your giftee?
    Old 10-09-2014, 06:12 PM
    Power Poster

Since folks are adding more "info", I'll do a list too. Tho I do appreciate anything my SS would choose to make/buy/share with me!

Chocolate? Yum! Dark is my favorite.

Favorite fabric colors? purples, teal/aqua, pink.
    Favorite non-fabric colors? teal/aqua, pink, gray/white
    Sewing notions? sure

Quilt books or patterns? A fun, new idea? I'm game!
    Other books? Don't really have much time~
    t-shirt? no, thanks
    souvenirs? favorite recipes or such would be nice

Pin cushion or needle case? A pin cushion is fun!
    Socks? Yes
    Applique or embroidery? I do bits of raw edge applique (McKenna Ryan), and hand emb. in small doses (hand issues)

Other items? SM needles, variegated threads for my LA, etc. Enjoy handmade items. Fun to see others' creativity.

I'll enjoy anything she sends my way! Thanks ahead of time for sharing your time and talents!

? Stick? Yes~
    Old 10-09-2014, 06:53 PM

[
    Since I don't actually know anyone on the board, how do you all do "research" on your giftee?[/QUOTE]

Hi Rennie...if you click on your SS user name you can bring up their profile. Sometimes there is helpful info on their profile.....but also on the profile screen you can click on their posts or started threads. This can usually give you ideas about what they like or are drawn to.
    Old 10-09-2014, 07:16 PM

Default My box is ready to mail

Originally Posted by PenniF
    [
    Since I don't actually know anyone on the board, how do you all do "research" on your giftee?
    Hi Rennie...if you click on your SS user name you can bring up their profile. Sometimes there is helpful info on their profile.....but also on the profile screen you can click on their posts or started threads. This can usually give you ideas about what they like or are drawn to.[/QUOTE]
    Old 10-09-2014, 07:17 PM

My box is ready to mail, should I be good and wait a while before mailing or mail now and let them look at the box for the next two months
    Old 10-09-2014, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by dharen7
    My box is ready to mail, should I be good and wait a while before mailing or mail now and let them look at the box for the next two months
    Oh, that would be beyond cruel!
    Old 10-09-2014, 07:23 PM

WOW!! Bunch of chatterboxes here! Couldn't keep up!
    I've been busy in my sewing room doing some cleaning and sewing.
    Ok, was goofing off to, I admit it.

Prize for the game has been mailed. Wonder who the winner is? Hmmm....I know she'll like her prize because she loves pretty much the same type of fabric that I do. Well...I don't really like batiks, but she does. No, no, no, she isn't getting any batiks. I don't have any of that in my stash, but I did have some prettys in what she does like. Well, at least I hope she likes it. I was going to cut it into fat quarters, but couldn't bring myself to do that, so I sent her what I had left.
    The last winner got the last 2 pieces of the fun Hawaiian fabric that I had. Thought it was cute and that she'd like it.
    Oh...how to I pick what to send? Well gee...with all the hints and such, it's pretty easy.

The next question going out is going to be a doozy of a question. So, put on your thinking caps and stay tuned!!!
    Old 10-09-2014, 07:31 PM

Originally Posted by dharen7

HECK I already mailed mine...want them to suffer for a while staring at it
    and shaking the bells and LIMA BEANS.
    Old 10-09-2014, 08:14 PM

Originally Posted by wanda lou
    I will join you all in the "hole" as well.. And Mademkelly I have those chocolate covered chips for us all to enjoy as Ester Price candy store is very close to me.
    Great! I live in such a small Podunk town that finding decent chocolate is a challenge, but on potato chips is not going to happen! Since you are bring those, I will bring my famous fudge. You all do know that Christmas candy has no calories, right?
    Old 10-09-2014, 08:19 PM

Oh dreamer that is so cruel
    The softy in you does not rule
    LMAO