Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST >
  • Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

• Secret Santa Time!!!---MORE IMPORTANT INFO ADDED ON PAGE ONE.... REVEAL CHAT IS DECEMBER 12 @ 7PM EST

Old 11-07-2010, 08:34 AM

I got a package from my Secret Santa yesterday. It came all the way from Australia. How exciting is that! How will I wait for over a month to open it? Can't wait. Thanks ahead of time SS from Australia.
    Old 11-07-2010, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by joyceelaine1951
    I just received a package from my Secret Santa can't wait until the 12th to find out what and who she is. Thank you ahead of time. p.s
    Please pray for my mom , her Alzheimer is a lot worse and she gave me a good right hook right into the chest last night and spit her medication out into my face. I'm placing her in a nursing home . I've taken care of her for 8 years totaled and am just at the point that I can't take care of her any longer. I feel guilty but, I can't keep her safe .
    Hang in there...You have done a great job taking care of her,but there comes a time when she needs professional care.
    Old 11-07-2010, 12:59 PM

I just received a package from my Secret Santa can't wait until the 12th to find out what and who she is. Thank you ahead of time. p.s
    Please pray for my mom , her Alzheimer is a lot worse and she gave me a good right hook right into the chest last night and spit her medication out into my face. I'm placing her in a nursing home . I've taken care of her for 8 years totaled and am just at the point that I can't take care of her any longer. I feel guilty but, I can't keep her safe .
    I know how you feel i have the same problem,my mom is not at that point yet.But it gets so hard to take care of her and i do feel sad and guilty when i think of putting her in a nursing home. But you do have to think of her safty.your doing the best for both of you.I will pray for you. You are a great daughter and
    you love her very much,she is in good hands
    Old 11-07-2010, 01:12 PM

I went to the post office today to mail my SS present. However, upon realizing it was Sunday, I think I have to wait until another day :(
    Old 11-07-2010, 02:31 PM

My brother had alzheimers. You both are in my prayers. Alzheimers is a very sad and horrible disease. Kudos to you for taking care of her for so many years. You have to also take car of your safety.
    Old 11-07-2010, 02:43 PM

Joyce I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. I know what it is to be a caregiver and it takes a lot out of you. Try not to feel guilty, you have worked hard to do your best.

My Dad also has Alzheimers. I need to get down to see him before he doesn't totally remember who I am. I will be praying for you. God bless you. :-D
    Old 11-07-2010, 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Quiltforme
    Are you feeling any better?? I can relate to the migrains sorry your plans didn't work out.
    I wish I could say the pain has eased... but only when I'm sleeping am I painfree... I take the medications but they don't last... I'm thing this is sinus migraine so have added that medication to the arsenal... but all the meds make sleep...

Got my SS put together but now am trying to find a box to ship :D
    Having so much fun this year he he...
    Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 PM

I received what I think was my SS package yesterday. I didn't want to open the big mailing envelope and find out I spoiled the surprise. Unless someone tells me differently, I'm storing it safely away until Dec. 12.
    Old 11-07-2010, 07:05 PM

I sent my secret santa out today should arrive somewhere in the US in about a weeks time.
    Old 11-07-2010, 07:09 PM

Thank all of you for the prayers. I think other than being a foster parent to 13 kido's this is the hardest thig I've had to do in my life.