Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >
  • Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

• Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-28-2011, 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by Tulip
    Yipppppeeeeeee! My secret santa gift arrived today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All the way from California.... I must have been a real good gal, that's over 3,000 miles away. ( I was born in San Francisco, transplanted in New York in 1969). Nope, I'm not going to peek cause it says NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO Peekingggggggggggggggg on it. I always listen to Santa. Butttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt it's heavy and it doesn't rattle at all!!!!Why oh why do they make these boxes so thick? Hmmmm, how many days left till the 10th? Just kidding, I know it's the 9th! Oh, so you noticed huh...
    Tulip
    ~watching~ Yep! We noticed Tulip!! If I don't get to open til the 11th, neither do you!!
    Old 11-28-2011, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by lindyline
    I love Xmas. Another SS pressie arrived today. Now to wait until the 13 th. yes I have the time zone thing all worked out now.
    Linda can you let me know what time in Melbourne town that we can open our Secret Santa present. Just had my wisdom teeth out and my brain is not working so well.
    Old 11-28-2011, 01:29 PM

I received my secret Santa gift. Boy, is it hard not opening it. I told myself no one on the board will know. But I'll know. So I haven't open it. So Thank you Lois Schultz (I don't know you board name.

Last edited by Lynnc; 11-28-2011 at 01:36 PM.
    Old 11-28-2011, 01:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnc
    I received my secret Santa gift. Boy, is it hard not opening it. I told myself no one on the board will know. But I'll know. So I haven't open it. So Thank you Lois Schultz (I don't know you board name.
    I so know what you mean! I thought, "No one would know..." and then I thought, "What are you thinking? It's a special package for a special day!"
    So there they sit!
    Old 11-28-2011, 02:04 PM

Charlee, I was going to bring pudgee pie fixings to the campfire. But, since we can't have a fire, I am going to bring a big plate of cookies. Sugar, chocolate chip, snickerdoodles and my famous (at least at work - famous), chocolate covered cherry cookies.
    Old 11-28-2011, 02:27 PM

OOOOHHHHH!!!!! SNICKERDOODLES!!!!!!! I can bring Russian Teacakes (also known as pecan butter balls). You know I just remembered, I should be making pfefferneuse about now, they need to age. Hmmmmm.
    Old 11-28-2011, 03:00 PM

Pfefferneuse....my Mom has always wanted me to learn to make them. (She doesn't bake.) Her grandma used to make them. Don't you need a special rolling pin for those?
    Old 11-28-2011, 03:07 PM

Oh YUM!! I'm a TERRIBLE Cookie Monster!! Coooooooooooooooooooookies!! Love crunchy ones...soft ones...and EVERY kind!!
    Old 11-28-2011, 03:11 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    Pfefferneuse....my Mom has always wanted me to learn to make them. (She doesn't bake.) Her grandma used to make them. Don't you need a special rolling pin for those?
    No, that's springerle, and I have a rolling pin for that. Pfefferneuse are the spicy little balls rolled in powdered sugar and aged in a container with apple slices for the flavors to blend.
    Old 11-28-2011, 03:18 PM

Shame on all of you!!!! Now you have me all fired up to make cookies. When my kids were small, I used to make 100 dozen cookies and give them to teachers, mail them to all my relatives, give to the mailman, etc. I miss those days. I may just have to make some this year even though I am not having Christmas here this year. Have been e-mailing back and forth with my DGS in college at Virgina Tech. We have done gingerbread houses since he was 2 and he still wants to do it. So we are coordinating dates and setting up the plans so all 6 cousins will be here to decorate the houses. I make a gingerbread house for each one to decorate, they bring their favorite candy to share and we spend a night or in this case, day to decorate them so they can take them home. This year we will have the sleepover the night before the decorating. Six kids between 20 and 7. I can't wait!!!!