Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!!  REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER >
  • Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

• Secret santa time!!!--PLEASE READ IMPORTANT UPDATE!!!! REMEMBER TO THANK YOUR SENDER

Old 11-30-2011, 10:52 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Still waiting and twiddling my thumbs! I guess I have been a naughty girl, but I just can't remember being naughty! Unless it was that day a few weeks ago when I wrecked the company car? Hmmm I was just backing up after having delivered a meal to a senior citizen when the car slid backward down into a ravine. (we had a lot of rain that week) I panicked and opened the door and jumped out not realizing I was up in the air 4 or 5 feet and fell down into the ravine the door snapped back hitting me in the head and knocking me unconscious into the mud (thank goodness on my back) When I woke up i couldn't pull myself out of the mud. I had my cell phone in my pocket(thank goodness) and called 911. the fire rescue guys had to pull me up out of the mud. I made a loud sucking noise when they finally pulled me out. It was so embarassing. I didn't even hurt the car that much just needed a tow and the tail pipe reattached, so I could'nt have been that bad could I? Oh well I'll just have to wait a few more days and see.
    Lisa
    Lisa I'm so sorry you had an accident and I'm glad you weren't hurt to bad, but I couldn't keep from laughing when
    I read about you being stuck in the mud. I'm sure Santa wont hold that against you and wont put you on the naughty list.
    Janice
    Old 11-30-2011, 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by ljs317
    Still waiting and twiddling my thumbs! I guess I have been a naughty girl, but I just can't remember being naughty! Unless it was that day a few weeks ago when I wrecked the company car? Hmmm I was just backing up after having delivered a meal to a senior citizen when the car slid backward down into a ravine. (we had a lot of rain that week) I panicked and opened the door and jumped out not realizing I was up in the air 4 or 5 feet and fell down into the ravine the door snapped back hitting me in the head and knocking me unconscious into the mud (thank goodness on my back) When I woke up i couldn't pull myself out of the mud. I had my cell phone in my pocket(thank goodness) and called 911. the fire rescue guys had to pull me up out of the mud. I made a loud sucking noise when they finally pulled me out. It was so embarassing. I didn't even hurt the car that much just needed a tow and the tail pipe reattached, so I could'nt have been that bad could I? Oh well I'll just have to wait a few more days and see.
    Lisa
    Glad you are okay. I wouldn't think that is why you haven't received a package. I understand from the PTB that many went out on or right before the mailing deadline. There are a few of us still waiting (some not so patiently, like me) for their SS prezzies. Hope you get yours soon. You deserve it after that ordeal.
    Old 11-30-2011, 11:25 AM

[h=1]
    Happy Holiday Happy Holiday While the merry bells keep ringing May your every wish come true Happy Holiday Happy Holiday May the calendar keep bringing Happy Holidays to you It's the holiday season And Santa Claus is coming back The Christmas snow is white on the ground When old Santa gets into town He'll be coming down the chimney, down Coming down the chimney, down It's the holiday season And Santa Claus has got a toy For every good girl and good little boy He's a great big bundle of joy He'll be coming down the chimney, down Coming down the chimney, down He'll have a big fat pack upon his back And lots of goodies for you and me So leave a peppermint stick for old St. Nick Hanging on the Christmas tree It's the holiday season With the whoop-de-do and hickory dock And don't forget to hang up your sock 'Cause just exactly at 12 o'clock He'll be coming down the chimney Coming down the chimney Coming down the chimney, down! Happy Holiday Happy Holiday While the merry bells keep bringing Happy Holidays to you</pre>[/h]
    Old 11-30-2011, 12:14 PM

The worst part of getting stuck in the mud was my hair. Its really really long, like almost to my knees long and it was just really full of mud and gooey! Not fun!

I just love the christmas Songs on here, it really puts me in the spirit of christmas! ( yes i did check my spelling before posting on this topic) Lol that was really funny.

Lisa
    Old 11-30-2011, 12:18 PM

LOL, I didn't even realize I'd done that. (difinitely red in the face) lol
    Old 11-30-2011, 01:00 PM

I'm still on the bench waiting....and I would guess that it's way past the mailing deadline for mine to be this late in arriving.
    Old 11-30-2011, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by leiladylei54
    I'm still on the bench waiting....and I would guess that it's way past the mailing deadline for mine to be this late in arriving.

I'm selling on Ebay and there is a lot of delay in the mail because of the holiday's.
    people have been mailing more so in past few weeks to ensure their items get where they are going.
    Old 11-30-2011, 01:32 PM

Boy OH Boy! Tink had to go to the vet yesterday...She needed a followup bloodtest and her shots, but it turned into a very expensive day. Tink has very tiny veins and she needs to be put under a bit of gas so that he can do a blood draw...He had to try 2 places before he got those skinny veins. Then, he is cleaning her teeth and sees that she has 2 cracked to the gum line teeth and the one behind it was so bad, the nerve was exposed. SHE NEVER EVEN COMPLAINED ABOUT HER TEETH...He can't believe that she was not having a problem.
    So...$568 later...Tink is home and higher than a kite on doggie pain pills and taking her antibiotics. Will get the results from her tests, later in the week.
    Good thing I already did most of the shopping for the boys and DDIL....things will have to be a bit leaner for the rest of the list.
    Old 11-30-2011, 02:31 PM

Poor Tink. At least she isn't feeling the pain.
    Old 11-30-2011, 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by mcdaniel023
    Poor Tink. At least she isn't feeling the pain.
    yes and give her extra hugs