Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones! >
  • SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones!

• SEPTEMBER FAT QUARTER SWAP! Thanksgiving/fall and/or Blenders/tone on tones!

Old 09-19-2014, 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by quilterjody
    You just missed my post. I posted on page 8. WMUteach sent some lovely fabrics. I have been too busy to post a pic. My job is really getting in the way of fun.
    Those pesky jobs can really put a damper on things, eh??!!
    Your post reminded me of something my Nanny always said. She'd tell me Papa and her worked for "mad money"... They got mad and paid the bills. She was a wonderful grandma with a funny sense of humor...
    Old 09-19-2014, 09:36 AM

Think all my packages have been sent and received. so tomorrow will start the new swap with no lock outs tada! in the future please make sure you PM me to say you have received please. I love this group and everyone has gotten so good at mailing. It makes a difference between a swap you never want to play in again or one your excited to do. I do need notification from Janette49 and Tumrub. did they post and I missed it??? argh .. lol most of the time its ME who is messing up. I try not perfect but I try off to clean my sewing up. I have lots of put back fabrics sitting in a nice pile saying well hello get me back on the shelf and lots of donation fabrics that need a new home too. fun in the sun! I love seeing it all neat. Too bad I don't love getting it all neat. work!!
    Old 09-19-2014, 03:14 PM

You won't believe this...
    Earlier I received a "We're sorry your pkg is lost, but all we can do at this point is say we're sorry for the inconvenience and the money you are out.".

Just now I received an update saying the pkg that departed here on 9/5/2014 headed to Jaba in Wyoming, and that has had no updates for the last 2 weeks, is now in Denver, Colorado!!

So, Jaba, it seems you'll be getting 2 pkgs..

Tlambing, go ahead and say it, "Patience!!!".

Kif
    Old 09-19-2014, 03:38 PM

I told you so! I told you so! I told you so! How's that for a little sister taunt!

Does anyone know what next months theme might be? and...is anyone interested in side swapping some retro fabs? I know not everyones in to them, but thought I'd ask!

Teresa
    Old 09-19-2014, 04:38 PM

this is what I just got:
    • On Time
    • Expected Delivery Day: Saturday, September 20, 2014
    • Your item could not be delivered or returned to the sender. It is being forwarded to a USPS mail recovery center where it will be processed.

Wrote you a PM Kif, but I'm still laughing, can't help it sorry.....Will let you know tomorrow if it really is here, on it's way back to you or wherever the post office recovery center is.
    Gotta' get this one in order 1st TL then I'll let you know. How retro are you talking about? actually what is retro???
    Old 09-19-2014, 06:19 PM

Tlambing,

I totally deserved that!! That's why I posted to you...

Jaba,
    I laughed, too..after I was irritated..or laughed whilst irritated. It IS funny.

Hmm, I don't know what the Recovery Center is either.. Um, mail rehab??.. lol..

I actually have some retro fabrics. Some are repro retros (say that 3 times fast) some are "real"...as in my great aunt bought them back in the day. They're in great condition.. I call them either my "groovy baby" (said in Austin Powers accent) fabrics, or my "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia (Brady Bunch) fabrics...

Kif
    Old 09-19-2014, 07:12 PM

I've got a bunch of those "Marcia, Marcia, Marcia...what the H--- were you thinking kinds. Want those TL??

Will let you know tomorrow Kif if the package is at rehab...
    Old 09-19-2014, 10:46 PM

I was hoping for 30s reproductions. But now I'm intrigued by the Marcia Marcia version too. Oh the possibilities!
    Old 09-20-2014, 02:04 AM

Jaba,
    Just know it could be a 30 day program...lol..At least we can laugh about it!

Tlambing,
    Oh, you want repros, not retros...lol..

I have lots of 30's repros fabrics, too..

The retros, or what I've always been told are retros are like the 1960's and 70's fabrics. Big groovy flowers, hot pinks, yellows, oranges.. Or avocado green, harvest gold, etc..
    My Mom had the ole harvest gold appliances back in the 70's. Talk about stylin'..lol.

K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-20-2014 at 02:06 AM.
    Old 09-20-2014, 04:23 AM

so true Kiffie she definitely wants reproductions.. I first saw that post by you Tlambing and I almost flopped. I thought WOW she is really going in a different direction... then saw your second post and felt oodles better. I am not totally in my own world. tada! I love the reproductions. I am big time into the pastel versions though I have never bought any. One day a quilt out of those would make me very happy

I will post the new swap later today I have to run to dialysis this morning so watch for it later this afternoon! hope you all come back and join this swap and enjoy the chatter we all share. Its a good group and everyone is very responsible about sending. HIGH FIVE LADIES!!!