Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-08-2011, 06:12 AM

Originally Posted by JHolm
    Hello everybody. My computer keyboard got "sticky Keys" so I couldn't read or communicate for days. I'm pages behind on this thread.
    Lori, I noticed you asked about Amish Friendship Bread - it's very easy to make you just have to have the starter. It does take 10 days however but I love doing it.
    I've been working on my SP squishy and it should go out in a couple of days. I will tell you it is staying in the US but it's to earley for anymore clues!
    Well I'm off to reading everything I mised while I couldn't check in.
    I love the Amish Friendship bread, this is the 3 batch I have made and given away. If you keep 1 starter you are baking every 10 days!
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:13 AM

Crappy best tasting fish EVER! Alot better than bass to me!!
    Originally Posted by Diana Lynne
    Originally Posted by 3NorwichTerr
    Originally Posted by Patty Patches
    You guys can have the seafood I;ll stick with good ole fried walleye or crappy,with a side of fries or wedges.
    Just to make sure you all know....crappy is a kind of fish...pronouced Croppie, but spelled like crap. :-)

We have Lake Erie yellow perch and walleye in the freezer...but not a favorite of mine. The step steps (my stepson's stepsons) caught crappy earlier this year off of the docks, but those were eaten in no time.

Deby
    Crappy is a very good tasting fish..We catch them along with Brim and bass..But the crappy taste a whole lot better than bass to me..So tender and flavorful
    :thumbup:
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:20 AM
    Swap Hosts

Lori, what are you doing up?

Tell Sara to stop bothering me. She is a bad one.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:21 AM

Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by sik1010
    Originally Posted by candi
    Originally Posted by mscupid804
    Heads up SP in MICHIGAN (NW of me, remember?), your pkg should be delivered today!!!!!! :thumbup: :mrgreen:
    Siki, package alert :!: :!: :idea:
    I hear you, Candi, she is trying to be tricky though, as I am NOT the only Michigan player, so the wait begins....My Postal Person likes to vary her delivery time too, so it could be a long long day!!!!

My package leaving isn't quite ready yet, but I can tell you all that the zip code does equal...21 if I counted and added correctly.
    OMG! Do you know that MY zip code adds up to 21??? You must and that is why you threw it out there, or maybe you are just trying to be sneaky....I see you sitting there rubbing your hands together and thinking up ways to tease me, lol. I like it..... :mrgreen:
    First, you've never given me your address because you're afraid of what I would mail to you, second without the address, I don't have a zip code for you, but now that I know, I can certainly save that information for a later date, in the near future--Thanks!!! Also, I tried to bribe people to get your name in the swap and Queen of this Swap says they are randomly picked and she wouldn't budge on that one! However, I am watching her medication posts and am thinking of blackmail next month! LOL!
    Last, but not least I would NEVER give you such an obvious hint, because it would spoil all my fun!!!
    I also think it is cruel for you to try to make people think I am anything more than a friendly, sometimes quiet quilter (let me finish, if you're laughing you can't read), so please don't try to ruin my fine reputation with these silly accusations! Signed siki
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:27 AM

All this bantering woke me up. I took my medicine and decided to stay up for awhile and maybe take a nap later. You girls had better behave, don't make me stop this car!!!
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:29 AM

If you send me in a pm telling me that you have mailed you package I can leave a good feedback for you or is that blackmail?? I have started leaving feedback for swappers like I promised to do.
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:32 AM

i am also watching the safari drive.it is like going to Africa everyday. They have drives 2 times a day and I am learning so much about wildlife.

http://www.wildearth.tv/safari
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:36 AM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    All this bantering woke me up. I took my medicine and decided to stay up for awhile and maybe take a nap later. You girls had better behave, don't make me stop this car!!!
    Are we there yet? HUH huh are we?

Candy thinks she spotted my SP package, she didn't know I was already paying attention, but I can't recall how many Michigan swappers we have , so this might be a false alarm or a practice run with the Postal service.
    I am looking for the mail person to come, to check on this rogue package coming to Michigan, so Krystyna--somebody mailed too early and didn't get your memo---Ha ha ha!
    Even if it isn't mine--it isn't YOURS either!!! LOL!
    Other than that statement, I haven't done anything on this thread to Krystyna, so I don't know what she means!
    :?: :?: :?:
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:39 AM

a former sp made one for me and she stuffed it with fiberfill. as long as she didnt put catnip in it, it was safe.

Hey, all you chicken makers, did you stuff those cute little critters with rice?
    If so, do you make a muslin pouch to go inside, so if a seam should happen to loosen, it wouldn't be a rice convention to be cleaned up?
    I know silly question, but I see my boys (that are grown) tossing these around to be funny, so I'm thinking I need additional support in there. Thanks for any help or suggestions, although I'm sure no one else would have this problem!!!
    Old 09-08-2011, 06:54 AM

Hey, all you chicken makers, did you stuff those cute little critters with rice?
    If so, do you make a muslin pouch to go inside, so if a seam should happen to loosen, it wouldn't be a rice convention to be cleaned up?
    I know silly question, but I see my boys (that are grown) tossing these around to be funny, so I'm thinking I need additional support in there. Thanks for any help or suggestions, although I'm sure no one else would have this problem!!!
    I used poly fill in mine. I plan to make one with sand in it and I will put it inside another pouch first for that very reason.