Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-09-2011, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    My computer and the pictures are finally playing nice together, so I am posting my pictures. First, there was a "special situation", and I have 3 SP's this month--I really am NOT as greedy as some people, and I don't want it all. LOL (Well, maybe I WANT it but I wouldn't take all the packages.) Then I should say that I am most pleased that my SP's shipped before they got the memo on the address change--Thank you all for that! Each package is different and yet similar, from one list--amazing! The one thing I'm real curious about, is that someone must have mentioned my lack of skills or my inevitable mistakes, as each one has a lovely seam ripper!!! I've tried to be very careful and not mention how often I use that tool, but somehow they each knew and sent me a new one so I never have to experience the use of a dull one! :mrgreen:

The first one is from "swampfox" a new swapper with us, and he did a wonderful job. I hope his wife isn't missing any fabric, because he gave me some nice ones, and I don't want to return them. He sent me a movie, so tonight I'm watching John Wayne and eating popcorn. I grew up with his movies and love them all.

the next one is from "cynthia freeman" and she had to do some homework to complete my package, so I appreciate all the wonderful time and effort she put into my package.

The third one is from "mscupid804" with the Michigan hints on the thread. We have several things in common and that can allow to chat and pick each others brain on some future projects, I hope.

Each one is special and I couldn't believe they came all together like that, but now I can read and watch, but mostly, I can relax as "Candi" did NOT get my name this month...sigh...no more worrying! Thank you all for the packages, but thank you to this group for all the fun and games that we all create to make days brighter for each other!
    OH MY GOSH!!!!! CHARLES YOU TOOK MY PATTERN for the puzzle star...NO WONDER I couldn't find it. Good thing I had made a copy for someone. LOL. Guess you didn't do too bad for your first swap. Now....I'm putting a lock on my sewing room door so you can't get in there to help yourself. Geez...Men.....
    Old 09-09-2011, 10:22 PM

Originally Posted by kountrykreation
    Me me me! oops, sorry, that wouldn't be north

Originally Posted by selfhunter
    mailed sp package this morning. going north of me and zip adds up to 26
    My Zip code adds up to 26...9+7+4+4+2=26 Hmmmmmmm crossing my fingers and my toes and my eyes.

Well shucks...if I would read the whole post I would have known it WASNT ME...I am West not North....lolol and all I want for Christmas is a new pair of glasses. LOL
    Old 09-09-2011, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Lori Peercy
    Originally Posted by arizonagirl
    Originally Posted by Krystyna
    Originally Posted by TOOMANYUFO'S
    Krystyna, did you ever get the 4 looms you did not know what to do with? Your stinky sand and lamp gave me a chuckle. I think if you use sand, it is washed sandbox sand that you get at homedepot. If you use seashells for crafts again, try cleaning,boiling,and bleaching them first, it may help the stink.
    Turns out they weren't looms, but embroidery hoops! Group mama is getting them and some others I have around. She love to put scary animal eyeballs in them. (Don't ask)
    As for the sand, not about to buy a sack of sand when I live at the beach!!! If it stinks, well, you'll think of me. :mrgreen:
    You wound me!! lol
    Hey Lori whats up with the scary animal eyeballs. Inquiring minds want to know.
    It is a matter of taste. I like them some others who will not be mentioned don't like them!
    I'm sorry...but that looks like an elephant to me. I see no eyes. And NO I HAVEN'T been drinking. Just bad vision. lol
    Old 09-09-2011, 10:39 PM

I know where everyone of these packages are gong but once I march them I forget and never look back until time to post either mailed or reecived and you guys are givng me a head ache!
    Here is a big bottle of tylenol and a soft pillow and a glass of warm chocolate milk...hope whomever is giving you a headache would GO TO BED. lolol
    Old 09-09-2011, 11:32 PM

You guys crack me up!
    Old 09-09-2011, 11:33 PM

Secret pal's you should have your packages soon...

I will say one is going to Florida!!!!
    Old 09-10-2011, 01:44 AM

OH MY GOSH!!!!! CHARLES YOU TOOK MY PATTERN for the puzzle star...NO WONDER I couldn't find it. Good thing I had made a copy for someone. LOL. Guess you didn't do too bad for your first swap. Now....I'm putting a lock on my sewing room door so you can't get in there to help yourself. Geez...Men.....[/quote]

Does this mean that I have received "stolen" merchandise??? :oops:
    Old 09-10-2011, 01:50 AM

Originally Posted by Moedeenie
    Thankfully, the water is finally receding up here...I sure hope everyone affected by the flooding is doing okay!

Nice to see the great packages being received. Mine is ready to be mailed today. I was able to get a little chick made. I've named her Peaches and since she will be heading to the sunshine state, we packed a collection of beach blankets along with some other favorites listed on my Secret Pals info sheet.
    This chicken is adorable. I better put that on my info for next month :) Are you sending the pattern with it? Its cute. Its sunny here :thumbup:
    Old 09-10-2011, 02:50 AM

I mailed to my SP on Friday. I have the tracking number if anyone needs it.
    Old 09-10-2011, 02:54 AM

My sp package went out yesterday to a stete begining with the thirteenth letter of the alphbet.Hope she likes it.

I think I need spelling lessons again