Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed >
  • September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

• September Secret Pal Sign Up Closed

Old 09-10-2011, 04:42 PM

Originally Posted by IrelandDragonQuilting
    Today I hit a estate quilt and scored two very old quilts, and lots of wooden and OLD spools of thread, I thought if I knew my sp liked this type of thing I would include them in the package. So perhaps next month I will get one who likes the older items and I can so set them up! ;)
    Get ME - Get ME - I collect OLD wooden spools of thread AND I love old quilts - I'm drooling
    Old 09-10-2011, 04:49 PM

Get me next month. I love old things.
    Today I hit a estate quilt and scored two very old quilts, and lots of wooden and OLD spools of thread, I thought if I knew my sp liked this type of thing I would include them in the package. So perhaps next month I will get one who likes the older items and I can so set them up! ;)
    Old 09-10-2011, 04:55 PM

Well I will keep them until I get either one of you as an SP :) Or one that puts a lot of details in the form so I know for certain what to send.
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:12 PM

Originally Posted by soniboo
    skaduzy, you got great handmade stuff from both SP's how'd ya manage that?
    I don't know. I just said what I wanted most was something handmade because I never got a homemade SP gift, although I did get some really good homemade jelly from Shawnna, but that wasn't fabric, and both of my secret pals came through with beautiful things. I think I was really lucky!
    :wink:
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    I just received a gift from my second SP, KathyM from Minnesota. She made me a beautiful table topper out of Thimbleberrie fabric - which I have never used. It is pretty big and will go great on my table for the Fall. Also a neat pattern to make a purse out of jellyrolls. It is called the Round Trip Bag.
    She also made me a needle/pin case in bright colors. I like it!
    Lots of Werthers, regular and carmel filled, and I have been eating them all afternoon and now feel pretty sugar loaded.
    Thanks, Kathy. I like everything!
    Love the table topper! If you decide you don't want it, or can't use it, I will give it a home.
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by sik1010
    Originally Posted by Tussymussy
    Originally Posted by candi

Is it possible that you lost or misplaced yours and maybe he's not a criminal???
    He seemed so nice, hard to believe he would steal...
    Can I say I didn't know where he got the stuff :?: :shock:
    And do I need a lawyer or something??? :XD: :XD:
    You don't need a lawyer, siki. I can tell you what to do. You know the best thing to do with stolen itmes is to donate them to a good cause, look around the board,specifically at a name that appears underneath my words, and you will find your cause :XD: :lol:
    Oh, Thank you Candi, because YOU know I would believe whatever you tell me! :mrgreen: Do you need fabric and my ruler too???? Or just the alleged stolen property?
    Roaring with laughter at both of you. Perhaps, Airwick just mislaid her pattern?????? Or you could send her a copy of it, then it would not be stolen! :thumbup: :XD:
    I've already tried bargaining with Airwich thru a PM, I don't think she is in a negotiating mood!!! :oops: :oops:
    Swampfox hasn't been seen or heard from, so I don't know what she did to him! :?: :?:
    I deep fried him in chocolate. And later tonight I will be putting little peices into ziplock baggies to send to everyone. LOL
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:33 PM

Oh my goodness, what wonderful finds! I'm not as generous as you 'cause if I scored that I wouldn't be sending it to my swap partner. I'd be sweet talking the quilts and the spools would be in a jar...okay, I could share some spools. Now I feel selfish, sigh. But not so much that I'd pass my treasures on lol.
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:50 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by skaduzy
    I just received a gift from my second SP, KathyM from Minnesota. She made me a beautiful table topper out of Thimbleberrie fabric - which I have never used. It is pretty big and will go great on my table for the Fall. Also a neat pattern to make a purse out of jellyrolls. It is called the Round Trip Bag.
    She also made me a needle/pin case in bright colors. I like it!
    Lots of Werthers, regular and carmel filled, and I have been eating them all afternoon and now feel pretty sugar loaded.
    Thanks, Kathy. I like everything!
    Very pretty table topper. I love the tote bag pattern also. Very nice swap. Mary
    Old 09-10-2011, 05:59 PM

I see where my squishy had been attempted to be delivered today at 7:20pm. Sorry you missed it now it won't be until Monday.
    Old 09-10-2011, 06:01 PM

my package will be going out on Monday. here is another clue- she likes to read and bake.